“100% Satisfied guest!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Monongahela
“100% Satisfied guest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Mr Amit and staff made my stay at the Crowne Plaza Rockville Md very enjoyable. Thank you for everything. The service was outstanding and minor issues were addressed and corrected in a timely and professional manner. This is just what I would expect. If I would have to make reservations in the future Crowne Plaza is the #1 choice.

• Stayed August 2014
Earl R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind review. We have a great customer service team and I will ensure I pass along your comments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Salsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our Soccer Team recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Rockville. As I am a Platinum IHG member I was upgraded to room 107 (I think that's the room) which is not far from the front desk. I was a bit worried due to the room being close to the lobby but surprisingly it was very quite. Check in was quick and smooth, the breakfast at the bistro was great (we booked our room directly with the hotel with the breakfast included in our rate). Not only is it clean with spacious rooms, it's also fairly close to Maryland SoccerPlex & Discovery Sports Center.

The hotel has a fairly nice and large fitness center, a small outdoor pool and also a business center where you can use their computers and print things. There is also a small convenient shop and an ATM machine.

The staff here is also incredible! The Front Desk Manager, Amit Puri goes above and beyond and the entire staff goes out of their way to take care of you. Again, The staff is the best part of this hotel, they will always go above and beyond to help you. Not all the staff speak English, but all the higher level staff do. All of the staff are always smiling, friendly, and accommodating.

This is not a subject I know just a little about. I supervise my company’s tech support department; I know the difference between genuine and fake. Mr. Puri you are genuine and that attitude is contagious. I enjoyed the stay and I cannot think of any other agent in any aspect of the travel industry where I can say that. You made it sound like you were on my side – and that means a lot to me.

Would highly recommend this to anyone traveling on business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your review and very nice comments in regard to Amit
Hopefully you will visit us again
Cornelia, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our soccer team stayed here for US Soccer Nationals in July. First of all at check in they gave us a list of rules for the boys. I never had this at any other hotel. Not kid friendly. Staff at front desk were rude. The rooms had no microwave or refrigerator, for the expensive cost of the stay. The linens were dirty. Housekeeping spoke no English. We had breakfast set up for the teams in a conference room, every morning it was the same, never changed only eggs, sausage links, cold cereal, white or wheat bread, apples, bananas. I asked for oatmeal, the lady did not understand my English, I would have liked a Danish, never had a choice. Had to go out for breakfast none of the boys wanted the hotel breakfast. Bathroom had double doors, when closed there was still a space you could see through. No laundry for soccer teams to wash their uniforms, had to drive to a laundromat everyday. I was disappointed and so were most of the parents.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Lori,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on tripadvisor. It is only through feedback like yours that we can address, correct and ensure all of our guests’ satisfaction. While we strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay, I am sorry to hear from your review that you were disappointed with your recent stay. We do realize that you have a choice in where you stay and assure you that your feedback will be internally discussed to improve our offerings and services.

Once again I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to contact me or the manager on duty in your next trip to Rockville in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from InterContinental Hotels Group in this property. Your satisfaction is our main concern and we make ourselves available for any questions you should have.

Best,

Amit P.
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and again I can write a great review about it. We spent nearly a week at the Rockville in Maryland and could not have been more pleased with the service, location, staff, the size and quality of our room, and a special thank you to Mr. Amit, the wonderful Front Desk Manager who manages his team so well in addition to looking after his guests. He has been there since the beginning and has assisted me and my colleague many times. What a wonderful addition to the team. The rest of the staff are also extremely helpful and generous - and though I tend to be cautious of overflowing hospitality, here I felt it's really coming from heart, and the care and welcome this place offered put us at ease in no time at all. The hotel building doesn't look particularly impressive from the outside but don’t judge the book by its cover. Very comfortable bed, loved the extra pillow and the sleep amenities. The buffet breakfast was outstanding in quality and range, and you can also order a choice of cooked egg. The location is perfect - an easy 2 miles drive to Shady Grove subway station and a few blocks from shopping center. The hotel provides a complementary shuttle to RIO, Falls Grove and Metro. The Wi-Fi was faultless and free and worked on three devices (apple phone, android phone and laptop).
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a quality establishment. Overall the CP Rockville is a winner on all fronts. Thank you Mr. Amit for providing exceptional hospitality!

Room Tip: If you need help, ask for Mr.Amit. Very courteous and wonderful person at front desk.
Green Features: If you are here for a long term, ask for an outside room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We sincerely appreciate your kind review. Our team tries hard to please our customer and it's nice to see their hard work is recognized
venice italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Rockland DC. The staff was wonderful and the shuttle drivers-ALAN, SEAN AND PEDRO? WERE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL...I highly recommend this hotel. Food a bit pricey but clean/quiet.

Room Tip: any room not near kids is great...i had a room towards end of my trip and the kids made it difficult...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
First and foremost we thank you for your service to our country! Thanks so much for you review, rest assured I will pass your comments along to our team
Atlanta USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Room sizes good, but no microwave, no mini fridge, no laundry - small restaurant and little bar in the wall. Not good when staying with a soccer team. No character or charm in this hotel at all. the gym was good.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are so sorry we did not meet your expectations upon arrival to your room. Because we do not have refrigerators and microwaves in the room, we do have several refrigerator that we can take to the guest room upon request and a microwave is always available in the corner Shoppe adjacent to front desk. Please not that we do have suites that does equip refrigerators and microwave. Apparently this was not relayed well during your visit and for that I truly apologize. I do appreciate your comments and hope that next time you are in Rockville you will give our hotel another chance, we would love to have you back!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Best,

Amit P.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I recently stayed the work week at the Crowne Plaza, and found the most excellent customer service and I travel every week and have met a lot of guest service representatives, but none like Himani. She is awesome~ This is a Great place to stay. They make their guests feel as if they matter. I was truly impressed. If you travel to different cities every week, and stay in different hotels as I do... When you find one like this,.. it's truly refreshing, Made my week So much better !
Will always come back here when we travel in this area!
JLA

Green Features: Himani is truly the best Guest Services Rep I've ever met. She truly makes a difference. I travel every week, and wish all hotel representatives were just like Her !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind review of our hotel.
Hopefully we'll see you again in the not too distant future

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!