“military orders for 3 weeks-stay at crowne plaza” 5 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
venice italy
“military orders for 3 weeks-stay at crowne plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Rockland DC. The staff was wonderful and the shuttle drivers-ALAN, SEAN AND PEDRO? WERE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL...I highly recommend this hotel. Food a bit pricey but clean/quiet.

Room Tip: any room not near kids is great...i had a room towards end of my trip and the kids made it difficult...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Earl R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
First and foremost we thank you for your service to our country! Thanks so much for you review, rest assured I will pass your comments along to our team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Atlanta USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Room sizes good, but no microwave, no mini fridge, no laundry - small restaurant and little bar in the wall. Not good when staying with a soccer team. No character or charm in this hotel at all. the gym was good.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are so sorry we did not meet your expectations upon arrival to your room. Because we do not have refrigerators and microwaves in the room, we do have several refrigerator that we can take to the guest room upon request and a microwave is always available in the corner Shoppe adjacent to front desk. Please not that we do have suites that does equip refrigerators and microwave. Apparently this was not relayed well during your visit and for that I truly apologize. I do appreciate your comments and hope that next time you are in Rockville you will give our hotel another chance, we would love to have you back!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Best,

Amit P.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I recently stayed the work week at the Crowne Plaza, and found the most excellent customer service and I travel every week and have met a lot of guest service representatives, but none like Himani. She is awesome~ This is a Great place to stay. They make their guests feel as if they matter. I was truly impressed. If you travel to different cities every week, and stay in different hotels as I do... When you find one like this,.. it's truly refreshing, Made my week So much better !
Will always come back here when we travel in this area!
JLA

Green Features: Himani is truly the best Guest Services Rep I've ever met. She truly makes a difference. I travel every week, and wish all hotel representatives were just like Her !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind review of our hotel.
Hopefully we'll see you again in the not too distant future
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stated Crowne Plaza Hotel through a reservation made it Priceline. The first night at the hotel I was unable to sleep because the air conditioning unit was so loud. I asked the next day about the loud airconditioner and ask to have my room changed. I was told that the engineer would check it out. Later I was told that the engineer said there's absolutely nothing wrong with the air-conditioner that sounded like an idling 18 wheeler. The room was not cleaned-when I asked about it I was told that the rooms were cleaned every other day. The glasses in my room were never changed. The coffee cup in my room was never changed. Vacuuming was random at best. Went to the restaurant 40 minutes after it was supposedly opened for dinner, and had to go to
The front desk to request service. Because of my Priceline reservation I had to get manager because permission to change my reservation which he
denied. Bad experience- poor customer service

• Stayed July 2014
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on our guests, to know how we are doing and how we can better meet their needs.

We at Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville aim to consistently achieve highest level of Guest satisfaction through quality services and hospitality.

Please be assured that your comments have been seriously reviewed with all department heads concerned and all possible corrective actions are in place to address the issue.

I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. All of us here sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and provide you the true Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville experience expected from us on your next visit to Rockville.

Best,

Amit P.
State College, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Spacious room, good mattress, wimpy pillows, desk OK except for only one power outlet available (and none by the bed), good AC.

Good bathroom space, with generous counter, good shower and light, OK towels.

Good access to I-270.

Negatives: need to log in to wifi at least twice per day, insufficient power outlets, poorly laid out parking, maid should be more diligent (didn't clean area under generous counter).

Green Features: Great, did not cripple the AC with motion sensor so the room was kept at the temperature I set.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Love the hotel & rooms. Spacious. comfortable and neatly appointed. Really love the staff: Earl, Himani, Maxime, Riz, Vannessa, Abdu et al can't do enough to make you feel welcome and your stay enjoyable.Beds have lots of large comfy pillows. Plenty of lights in the rooms, which many hotels lack.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the outside as a quieter option.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I just spent three nights at the CP- Rockville. It was a wonderful stay! The food was very good with many selections that were reasonably priced. The room (actually a very large suite) was right off the lobby but surprisingly very quiet. All of the staff were exceptionally helpful. The shuttle waits were only minutes leaving the hotel and about 15-20 minute waits at the Metro station. The drivers on all of the trips were personable and very helpful. The only issue, and I hesitate to mention this because it was not a huge deal but it happened repeatedly, was that whenever I called Room Service, I could not get through. They usually called me back within about 10 minutes but it was something I have seldom, if ever experienced in any hotel.
I would not hesitate to book at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Very quiet on ground floor, right off of lobby and bedroom window facing the front of hotel.
Green Features: The hotel has a policy about changing linens. They are GreenLeaders.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!