“waay better than staying on the Pike” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
“waay better than staying on the Pike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

we use Priceline for frequent trips to Betesda and Rockville --and often get stuck at teh Hilton on Rockville Pike or the Bethesda Hyatt --both hotels with open atrium lobbies that can get VERY noisy. This time, I chose Rockville as my area and got this Crown Plaza --- very nice hotel. Super quiet ----did not hear a thing util 8 am and I also liked the "relaxing" lotion and nicely scentled shampoo. Good shower pressure too. did not eat at teh restaurant but bought morning coffee for $1 in the lobby. Convenient to Shady Grove, right off of 270. we will be back to this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic four star review on Tripadvisor on Crowne Plaza Washington D.C. - Rockville!

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and everything was to your liking and it was great to read that you enjoyed our in room amenities. We aim to deliver Great Hotel experience that Guest love! Feel free to contact to let me or the Manager on Duty know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.

Look forward to welcome you and your family in the near future.

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for a soccer tournament with my kids. The room was nice and big and well-appointed but the beds were very small, somewhere between a twin and a full. My 10 year old daughter and I usually share a bed and couldn't possibly because of the size. Had to get a roll-away and pay an extra $20 a night for it. But the bed was extremely comfortable, hotel very quiet, ok free wifi and delicious breakfast (REAL scrambled eggs, not complimentary though). Also the website said they served room service until 11 but when we arrived a few minutes after 10 pm they told us there was no more room service and the restaurant was closed. Being a New Yorker I don't get how restaurants and bars close so early everywhere else. So we had to order awful pizza from nearby. But overall a nice hotel and the price was right.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Ok I didn't really give this hotel much of a chance, arriving one evening and off the next morning, but its my second, maybe third time to stay there and my opinions remain the same. Its convenient (assuming you have a car), its cheaper than the equivalent facilities in the city would be, its well appointed in terms of facilities, a nice gym for example, good WiFi, but it lacks any kind of atmosphere. Its dar, lighting is low colours are heavy, lots of wines and dark blues giving a very brooding feel to the place.

And its empty. Almost completely empty. That's OK if that's what you want but it was beginning to feel a bit like the Marie Celeste ... hello, is there anybody there ?

And it was expensive, quite expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Trip advisor on Crowne Plaza Washington D.C.

It is very unfortunate though that we have not been able to impress you with a vibrant atmosphere. We sincerely hope that you will give us the chance to welcome you back as our guest in order to proof to you that we can deliver excellent service and make your stay memorable in a positive way and above all a success.

Once again thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I choose the weekend of 11/16 to go chill for the evening with no stress. It had been a long emotional month and I just wanted to get away. So I drove 230 miles to Crowne Plaza to do just that. Great room, comfortable bed, great view. Love the relaxing products. Showered and in bed to watch tv. I heard little feet running up and down the hall repeatedly. So I thought somebody's parents would put them to bed but after 15 minutes I got up and told them to stop running in the hall. Nasty looks from the group but og well. Back to bed and whattttttttttttt. Fire alarm goes off, I grab my shoes and keys and down the stairs I went. It was cold and rainy. 15-20 minutes later we were allowed back in. Later back to bed and what happened, the fire alarm again. Up and out again. I must say I got no rest that night and feel as if I wasted my money. I had to stop 5 times on the way home because I was so tired. Money down the drain. Like I said I was looking farward to this evening but it did not turn out so great. I still let $10 for the maid. Wasnt their faults. Mary /// mjordan55@gmail.com

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Trip advisor on Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville!

We are very disappointed to read about your experience and we do apologize for the late night disturbance and fire alarm. Unfortunately when a fire alarm is activated our primary concern is the safety and security of our guests. Fortunately the alarms proved to be false but we can never under react to this event. We take the safety of our guests very seriously and we have a very comprehensive set of fire and safety procedures that we follow in the case of fire alarms.

Our sincere apologies for the disruption these procedures caused you during your stay we appreciate your understanding. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and would be delighted if you were to contact me or the Manager on Duty directly, so that we may overlook your booking personally. We look forward to speaking with you in due course.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stay here once a year and have always had a great experience. The hotel is very clean and that is super important to me. Add to that great customer service and you have the perfect package. We have probably stayed on every floor of the hotel and never had a bad room. Love that the hotel has gone pet friendly!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel is write off the interstate. It was tucked away a little but great location. Rooms were very clean. Staff was nice and helpful. Although we didn't eat at the hotel they do have food and a bar. Rooms were very spacious.

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a very nice place with friendly staff always available for us.
Very spacious room with very fast wireless internet connection which is appreciated when it's time to complete some work after a long work day.
Restaurant offer good food in a good variety. My suggestion: the filet... Delicious!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!