“Excellent As Always - Riz is always so friendly and helpful!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rockville, Maryland
“Excellent As Always - Riz is always so friendly and helpful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Rockville, MD over 100 times over the past two years and always have a great experience due to the location, accommodations, staff and the very reasonable rate for DC area hotel.

Riz is always smiling and warm, passionate and professional about her work and her desire to make sure I always have a perfect stay.

Would recommend to anyone planning a business trip or a family sightseeing trip to DC.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quite nice and reasonable
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Missoula, Montana, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had a single overnight stay and this was a close hotel. The check in was friendly. The after hours "pantry" charged $0.50 for a cup of hot water (I brought my own tea)...that was unexpected and unfriendly. The room was clean and expected ammenities were there. The bathroom was a little worn and the shower curtain and rod have seen better days. The hotel has a central atrium area that my room was on the same floor with so when I got to my room I was startled by a man walking past my window. That was creepy and made me recheck all of the window locks. Breakfast was very good (but not included). Met my expectations for a quick business trip.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the atrium floor... 3 I think it was.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, the amenities and the breakfast. Please note that we do offer breakfast inclusive rates online at www.ihg.com. I do apologize that the after hour service, the bath and the public areas were let downs during your stay. We strive to be the preferred hotel for both of business and leisure travelers in the area; please reach out to me at amit.puri@cprockville.com as we would like to address any concerns you have regarding your stay. Thanks again for your review!

Best,

Amit P
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I initially visited this excellent hotel and bistro in early July 2013, spending the night on a business trip in the Rockville area. The Bistro offered an excellent dining experience for dinner and an excellent breakfast buffet in the morning. Based on my excellent experience. I continue to visit the CP Rockville Bistro regularly, three days a week with my laptop, sitting in its large, impressive atrium hall having lunch and connecting. I am continually impressed by the friendly, highly competent management team and the fantastic staff. The Bistro area is exceptionally beautiful, with a sunny, elegant décor. Pleasant interaction with the management team and excellent staff; including John, Bud, Gracie and Tia to name a few, is always the norm. I will continue to recommend this excellent hotel and bistro to my business partners, friends and family. Kudos to the all that make coming back to CP Rockville a welcome and satisfying experience. – Kind regards, Douglas Winkler, PMP

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ocean View, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The courtesy and professionalism I experienced from Front Desk Clerk Riz was outstanding. I am in Rockville on business. I often arrive tired after a long trip. Riz's smile and good nature will assure that I will return to this hotel often. The hotel is in a very convenient location. The parking availability is excellent. It also has a great workout facility. Bob M

Pismo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Good location near the freeway. Large rooms with comfortable chairs, you don't need to sit on the bed. Nice décor and furnishings. The atrium and the hotel public areas are nice, too.. Shares a pool with the next door hotel. No hot tub. We stayed for five nights for a conference and found the hotel staff very eager to please. It was a great stay, and we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We travel at least 3 times a year to Maryland. Our experience with Crowne Plaza is excellent.
Any dissatisfaction, no matter how little, Mr. Amit Puri was there to make sure that everything
ran smoothly.
I would highly recommend Crowne Plaza and without doubt rank Mr. Amit Puri as a manager who knows the hotel business and can make a difference to us customers away from home.
Mr. Puri is another addition to the value of Crowne Plaza.
Thank you Crowne Plaza for your friendliness and a comfortable stay.
We will be back soon.
Rita and Adriaan

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great staff
Had a long drive from Buffal ny to reach this hotel
Was warmly greated by Riz who just took the edge off my long trip
She loves her job and it definitely shows with her genuine enthusiasm she definitely is a keeper
This hotel with plenty of convienant parking and has a pool
This has a great location and was right in the middle of all my meetings and dinner engagements
Th staff knew the location and directions to my nearby destinations including a us post office, which I desperately needed
I would definitely come back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the service you received from Riz. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature.

It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our team's efforts and takes the time to write about it. Your comments will be shared with our entire team, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make us a leader in excellence.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Amit P.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!