“Wonderful Hotel Staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia
“Wonderful Hotel Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I attended a three-day conference held at the hotel. The hotel staff was very courteous, friendly and always willing to help. I stayed in a Suite which was very nice, roomy, and comfortable, but a little dark. The price of the room was very reasonable. Adding to the value of staying at the hotel was free internet throughout the hotel and free parking, The meals at the hotel were good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were here about a year and a half ago and had a lovely time, not so this time. Had to talk with event planner to get our room and rate corrected. Moved to a lovely suite like we had previous visit only to find ants in the bathroom that were never fully eradicated. Room was large and comfortable, and like a small apartment. Food service in the restaurant was confused in that they could not remember who got decaf or regular and were dismissive of difference. Served soup spoons as tea spoons for coffee, we could have used them to row down the Potomac. Last day we wanted a regular breakfast and they only offered a buffet due to staffing shortage, we got up and walked out. Food at the family reception was not as good as last time and I chose not to eat it. All in all I would not go back. (They did make a correct to our room charge and the front desk staff and manager were courteous.) When I tried to list these issues with the Holiday Inn Site they rejected my comments saying there were either inappropriate or irrelevant if memory serves me correctly. Next stay in Rockville, Md will be back to a Marriott property.

Room Tip: Make sure you book directly with hotel and get confirmation of a suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your very detailed review. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations and our own standards but we will certainly learn from your valuable feedback to improve for current and future guests. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or the Manager on Duty.

Amit P
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

It's a nice place, very clean. Staff was polite and helpful, Maxime helped me a lot at the front desk. Internet and parking are free, which actually saves a lot of money. The pool is kind of small, but the little kids with me still enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the service you received from our staff with the Tripadvisor community. Maxime is a great associates and will make sure she is recognized for her efforts. We hope that if your travels bring you back into the area that you will choose to stay with us. If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Katonah, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed at hotel for memorial day weekend. In town for soccer tournament.

The hotel appears to have been an old office building converted into a hotel. It was located in an office park.

The hotel lobby, atrium, halls and rooms were way too dark.

The room was fairly large and the bathroom a good size.

Many hotels in area and would chose to stay elsewhere next time in area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Regretfully we took note of your comments on your recent stay with us. We apologize for not being able to meet your expectations.

May you need any further assistance in planning your trip to Rockville, please do not hesitate to contact us.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Yup. ANTS! I prefer to only write positive reviews. However, giving travelers a heads up on this place is important.

This location looks and feels old, outdated and musty. The side door had a sign saying it was locked at night..it was not. The hotel staff needs to be trained on how to listen rather than just telling guests the way they personally feel. When I shared with the front desk staff the ant issue they seemed to be aware of the ants in the hotel. They were just not able or willing to do anything about them. Bottom line for $165 per night tons of ANTs in the room and in the bathroom too is just unacceptable. (My room was #227, not even on the first floor.) They did offer me a free breakfast because of the ants in my room, however, I turned it down because I just wanted out of there and could not even consider eating there.

There are many better hotels in the Rockville area to stay at than this one.

Room Tip: If you must stay here avoid the ANTs in Room #227.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the ants in your room! Rest assured that this is not an ongoing problem for us, we do have pest control procedures in place and I can confirm that the accommodation you occupied during your visit is now ant free. While I'm glad you spoke up about it, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations.

We value your feedback as much as we value your business; please know that we're listening to what you have to say. Kindly email me at amit.puri@cprockville.com if I can be of assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail. We look forward to seeing you again and we do hope that this experience does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

If it wasnt for my points on HIG i would not stay here. I first enter the hotel it stinks smell like old carpet. I walk thru the side of the restaurant which is inside the hotel the restaurant door is open and smell like sewage that turns me off to eat in there resto. The price that i paid is not worth for this kind of a hotel

• Stayed July 2013
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Rockville area; so as to provide you with our legendary services for which we are known and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Please contact me directly for any assistance.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on July 19th for 1 night. I was a little worried about how the inside might look because the outside looks dated (circa late 80's/early 90's) but the inside is nice and very up to date. The people at the counter were very friendly. The room was very clean. The only thing that wasn't great was the 2 elevators. 1 wasn't working and the other one was really hot and humid inside which was strange. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Tripadvisor on Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your one night stay and we did meet your expectation.

I do however apologize for the elevator issues you had when with us. We are always looking for ways to help boost our guest morale. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Once again thanks for your review.

Amit P.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!