“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on July 19th for 1 night. I was a little worried about how the inside might look because the outside looks dated (circa late 80's/early 90's) but the inside is nice and very up to date. The people at the counter were very friendly. The room was very clean. The only thing that wasn't great was the 2 elevators. 1 wasn't working and the other one was really hot and humid inside which was strange. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Tripadvisor on Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your one night stay and we did meet your expectation.

I do however apologize for the elevator issues you had when with us. We are always looking for ways to help boost our guest morale. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Once again thanks for your review.

Best,

Amit P.

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

As is standard with the Crowne Plaza name, this location delivers what you would expect from the IHG brand. A well-decorated, well taken care of establishment that is the perfect place to stay if you are hanging around the DC area.

This location is only a five-minute drive from the Shady Grove Metro Station which will connect you with downtown Washington DC after a 35 minute train ride. Utilize I-270N toward I-370 to access the two large parking garages on the East side of the station. The hotel operates a shuttle which may be useful to you.

It is located in a commercial park, so it will be difficult to walk anywhere. However, there are extensive dining options within a mile drive; don’t be afraid to explore.

I will always stay at this location when I need to get to DC for business or fun due to the outstanding quality of the hotel and proximity to one of the more convenient metro stops in the entire system.

• Stayed July 2013
Whitesboro, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I travel to the DC area every 6 weeks or so and have stayed at the Crowne Plaza before, as well as other local hotels. On my last trip which lasted a week, I stayed at another hotel only to have horrible housekeeping. I moved out of the hotel and went over to the Crowne. I had forgotten what a good hotel it was. From the time I checked in, by an extremely nice and courteous young lady until the time I checked out, I had nothing but a pleasurable stay. Excellent room, clean and nicely furnished. I will definitely be staying at the hotel on my next trip. I highly recommend it when staying in the Rockville area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NYC, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really mediocre hotel - but also not very clean - the make up mirror in my bathroom was so dirty I could not use it. Breakfast included but it is not very good. Definitely find a better option if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on our guests, to know how we are doing and how we can better meet their needs.

We at Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville aim to consistently achieve highest level of Guest satisfaction through quality services and hospitality.

Please be assured that your comments have been seriously reviewed with all department heads concerned and all possible corrective actions are in place to address the issue.

All of us here sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and provide you the true Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville experience expected from us on your next visit to Rockville (D.C area).

Thank you once again for taking the time in writing your experiences.

Amit P.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm in the hospitality industry myself so I know a thing or two about customer service. The Crown Plaza delivers it in truckloads. From the second you walk in the door till the second you check out, they do their utmost to put a smile on your face and make your stay a joy. When you're there make sure you stop The Atrium Cafe next to the lobby. Their menu is incredible and their wait staff is 2nd to none. Especially Rich from Boston who is phenomenal at what he does. He and the rest of his wait staff make you feel like family and treat you like royalty every time you show up for a meal. I highly recommend you grab at least a meal or two there. Coming from Miami, where customer service seems to be dead & a long forgotten concept, this was truly a refreshing experience. -Doc

• Stayed June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff is professional and courteous. They are ready to help with any concerns you might have. I found the room to be clean and spacious. They have drivers ready to take you and pick you up from the Metro train line. I was greeted by a smile whenever I went to the front desk with questions. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book a suite. It does not cost much more and you have plenty of room to relax in.