“definitely better options in the area” 3 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC, NY
“definitely better options in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really mediocre hotel - but also not very clean - the make up mirror in my bathroom was so dirty I could not use it. Breakfast included but it is not very good. Definitely find a better option if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on our guests, to know how we are doing and how we can better meet their needs.

We at Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville aim to consistently achieve highest level of Guest satisfaction through quality services and hospitality.

Please be assured that your comments have been seriously reviewed with all department heads concerned and all possible corrective actions are in place to address the issue.

All of us here sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and provide you the true Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville experience expected from us on your next visit to Rockville (D.C area).

Thank you once again for taking the time in writing your experiences.

Amit P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm in the hospitality industry myself so I know a thing or two about customer service. The Crown Plaza delivers it in truckloads. From the second you walk in the door till the second you check out, they do their utmost to put a smile on your face and make your stay a joy. When you're there make sure you stop The Atrium Cafe next to the lobby. Their menu is incredible and their wait staff is 2nd to none. Especially Rich from Boston who is phenomenal at what he does. He and the rest of his wait staff make you feel like family and treat you like royalty every time you show up for a meal. I highly recommend you grab at least a meal or two there. Coming from Miami, where customer service seems to be dead & a long forgotten concept, this was truly a refreshing experience. -Doc

• Stayed June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff is professional and courteous. They are ready to help with any concerns you might have. I found the room to be clean and spacious. They have drivers ready to take you and pick you up from the Metro train line. I was greeted by a smile whenever I went to the front desk with questions. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book a suite. It does not cost much more and you have plenty of room to relax in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I travel a lot for work and therefore need to stay at a safe, clean quality hotel. My hotel visits are usually filled with stories of bad food, poor service or dirty linen....This was not the case at the crown plaza. My business trip lasted a little over 6 weeks and I was incredibly impressed with the professionalism of the staff. Everyone who works at the crown plaza is courteous and friendly. The staff go above and beyond to ensure that you are happy and have a pleasant stay. Richard and the other restaurant staff made sure that I felt at home every morning at breakfast and the food was excellent. The front desk staff ensured that I had everything I needed at all times and most importantly the manager Earl Raven did not treat me like a number, he took the time to get to know my name and ensure that my stay was pleasant. I have stayed at several hotels in the rockville Gaithersburg area, however this is the only hotel that I have told my company I now want to be booked in everytime I'm in MD. GREAT HOTEL...LOVE IT!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

As a Director of Programs, I travel a lot and I understand the true significance of customer service. With that said, I felt it absolutely necessary to recognize the Crown Plaza and its wonderful staff. Thanks to their exceptional service they made my extended stay (30 days) a breeze. They were very professional, greeted my co-worker and me with a smile each day, and they always went out of their way to ensure we had the amenities to feel right at home. The General Manager was even out-and-about greeting everyone to guarantee customer satisfaction on a daily basis—for that I must really commend him!
The hotel is not brand new; however, it is a beautiful relaxing place to stay. There is no doubt this will be our corporate location (not to mention my family hotel spot) anytime I return to the to the Gaithersburg/Rockville area. There is no comparison for the price, elegance, and customer service for this place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings! Thank you for the superlative feedback. We are not only delighted, my team is very excited and pleased with such great words of appreciation from you. We deeply appreciate your taking time off, and write such a detailed feedback on Tripadvisor on Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville! My team and I look forward to your future visits, and assure you that we will continue to strive to live up to your expectations.

Best,

Amit P.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The location is good but quite a distance from downtown DC. The hotel itself is quiet. The staff are fantastic and Maxime ( and the other lady ) took great care of me. The room is large and comfortable. The exterior looked industrial but the interior is elegant and tasteful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in 328 and rooms along that corridor are nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

First impressions are everything. I checked in May 22nd around 1:30 pm; the lady at front desk was very cold,rude and not welcoming. I asked about a mini fridge for room, she responded we don't have those here. On my way to room, what do I see outside another room a mini fridge. Basically, the desk clerk lied to me. Thanks priceline! I made another request for a fridge; however, this time it was $20/night. Give me a break, first you charge for coffee now 20 bucks/night for a fridge- that's unheard of at other hotels. Anyway, the hallways are dark and very loud at night, wi-fi doesn't work- luckily I had cellular service on my IPAD. As far as restaurant, food is ok. The lounge staff is very helpful ie Richard, Ace, Jose and
Filipina bartender were all very customer friendly and professional. Food and drinks are pricey, then again, I expect this at most hotels. In a nutshell, I placed a bid on priceline, so that's how I landed at this hotel. I agree with others, it's a 2 star hotel at best. I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: If you are brave enough to stay here, do not stay in rooms facing the atrium- it's very loud at...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

I do apologize for the inconvenience and lack of service that you faced during your stay with us. Whilst we spend a lot of time training our staff, feedback such as yours only means we need to try harder and prevent such feedback from reoccurring.

Once again, please accept my and the team’s sincere-most apology for the obviously distasteful experience you have had, we promise you things will not be the same when you visit us again.

Looking forward to another chance of setting things right.

Please contact me directly for any assistance, I remain

With warm regards,

Amit P
Front Office Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!