“Good Hotel in Rockville” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Good Hotel in Rockville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The location is good but quite a distance from downtown DC. The hotel itself is quiet. The staff are fantastic and Maxime ( and the other lady ) took great care of me. The room is large and comfortable. The exterior looked industrial but the interior is elegant and tasteful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in 328 and rooms along that corridor are nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

First impressions are everything. I checked in May 22nd around 1:30 pm; the lady at front desk was very cold,rude and not welcoming. I asked about a mini fridge for room, she responded we don't have those here. On my way to room, what do I see outside another room a mini fridge. Basically, the desk clerk lied to me. Thanks priceline! I made another request for a fridge; however, this time it was $20/night. Give me a break, first you charge for coffee now 20 bucks/night for a fridge- that's unheard of at other hotels. Anyway, the hallways are dark and very loud at night, wi-fi doesn't work- luckily I had cellular service on my IPAD. As far as restaurant, food is ok. The lounge staff is very helpful ie Richard, Ace, Jose and
Filipina bartender were all very customer friendly and professional. Food and drinks are pricey, then again, I expect this at most hotels. In a nutshell, I placed a bid on priceline, so that's how I landed at this hotel. I agree with others, it's a 2 star hotel at best. I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: If you are brave enough to stay here, do not stay in rooms facing the atrium- it's very loud at...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

I do apologize for the inconvenience and lack of service that you faced during your stay with us. Whilst we spend a lot of time training our staff, feedback such as yours only means we need to try harder and prevent such feedback from reoccurring.

Once again, please accept my and the team’s sincere-most apology for the obviously distasteful experience you have had, we promise you things will not be the same when you visit us again.

Looking forward to another chance of setting things right.

Please contact me directly for any assistance, I remain

With warm regards,

Amit P
Front Office Manager
Saint Robert, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is a hidden gem. The outside seems a bit suspect and industrial, but as soon as you walk through the doors of the Rockville Crowne Plaza, you are amazed at its inner elegance. Everything is beautifully renovated. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and very affordable. It's the perfect locale for a wedding as you are right in the middle of EVERYTHING. There is a metro station less than two minutes from the hotel, so you can hop on the metro and go in to the city so you don't have to worry about parking. There is a lot to do in Rockville, Gettysburg and historic Frederick are each 20-30 minute drives....wonderful!

I had my wedding reception there and the staff was FABULOUS - particularly Laura Tinsman, the wedding coordinator. We found the hotel a year out from my wedding, and I literally had to worry about NOTHING, aside from finding a florist and photographer. Laura and the hotel staff took care of EVERYTHING. My wedding week and day were totally stress free. The reception hall was beautifully decorated. Laura coordinated between all the various vendors to make sure things ran smoothly. The food was fantastic . It's two weeks later and my guests are STILL contacting me to tell me what a wonderful time they had. I would recommend this hotel and Laura Tinsman to any traveler/bride who is thinking about using this hotel.

Absolutely WONDERFUL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We began planning this wedding a year out. While planning weddings is inherently difficult and complex, this wedding was even more so, as we had to do it from afar. As a military family, the parents were trying to plan the wedding in Maryland, from Texas. The bride and groom were stationed in Missouri, and the guests came from across the globe. Laura Tinsman was the wedding planner. She was nothing short of superb. While we visited many hotels in a wide area from Dulles to DC, none exhibited the professionalism, the knowledge, the experience or the motivation to assist us in a very difficult wedding schedule that Laura provided. She handled everything from the rooms, to the wedding set up, to all the ancillary, yet critical details. In the areas where she was not directly responsible, she provided a list of exceptional vendors. Laura "cared" and treated us as her own. The hotel staff was friendly and extremely accommodating in every way. Simply outstanding, in every area. A wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Do not be dissuaded by the exterior of the hotel. While the exterior seems to be old and dated, the...
Friendswood, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although my husband and I live in Texas, my daughter was getting married in Maryland. So after looking at many, many different hotel venues, we chose the Crowne Plaza in Rockville. That was the absolutely best choice we could have made! Every aspect of the hotel was done with the highest quality and professionalism! Their event planner is top-notch and not only met all of our needs, but exceeded them! Even before we knew we had a need, she could foresee them and solved all! The rooms were very nice! Clean, spacious and decorately beautifully. Also, the location is great because you are just 5 minutes from the train into Washington DC. I highly, highly recommend the Rockville Crowne Plaza and give this entire hotel and their staff an A+!

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor adjacent to the highway and I never heard a sound! The bed was extre...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We held our daughters bat mitzvah here a few weekends ago. We had about a dozen guests who stayed at the hotel and enjoyed the clean, spacious guest rooms. The front desk clerks were friendly and efficient. The bat mitzvah itself was lovely. We had 150 people at the event. Laura who is in charge of the events planning was amazing and took care of every detail. Chef Bud and his assistant Dario did a fantastic job on the food. Everybody who attended the event was extremely impressed. From the cocktail hour and appetizers to the sit down luncheon, everything was well done and immaculately prepared. We will definitely hold our next major event at the Crowne Plaza and we have already referred other people to the hotel both for events and to stay for a few nights. You will be thrilled with this hotel!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well Located Hotel with Van Access to Metro. Located in Business area---very quiet. Rooms were spotless and were very nice overlooking main atrium of hotel. Parking is easy and free. Restaurants were very good and reasonable priced. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!