“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Hotel was very neat and the rooms were quite large. Bed was so comfortable that it was hard for me to wake up in the morning. Abdul is awesome and went out of his way to make our stay very comfortable. The rest of the staff were also very nice and attentive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Earl R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team we would time to thank you for your kind remarks. Rest assured I will share your comments with our entire team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked this trip through a pet=friendly hotel service.
This USUALLY means the hotel is pet FRIENDLY. We paid a LOT to bring the pets, and the reason we booked a hotel was to be able to have them sleep in our room - and LEAVE THEM in the room when we were out.
We checked in, and the front desk kindly recommended a restaurant. No mention of pets.
We went out, assumed they made some noise at first, but they always quiet down within a short time. Nothing was said when we returned, nor any of the times we walked the pets outdoors.
First night - a lot of noise - we were right across from the elevator - which "dinged" every time the door opened which was hundreds of times during the night. It seems a bunch of young people were having fun literally running up and down the halls, taking the elevator, yelling, etc. well into the wee hours. We had no sleep.
We went out early for business [5:30 a.m] and returned at 9 a.m. No complaints about the pets. Got ready, left for the day, leaving the pets behind. This was at 10:30 a.m. The whole reason we paid for a pet-friendly hotel.
Within minutes - before we even arrived at the work location, the hotel called and complained about the pets. We had just left, and the maid was on the floor, and had disturbed our pets. Between going back and forth in front of the door, and the elevator... they were making noise. They had complaints and asked us to come back and pick them up.
Imagine going to a business related event with your pets?! All day!
My husband returned and got them. We were pretty annoyed...why did we pay for a room if they weren't allowed in it?
After an exhausting work day, we returned, and couldn't wait to go to bed. Our room not only faced the elevator on one side, but the indoor courtyard on the window side. We had heard noise from the kids the night before, but not that much. On this night, however, there was a big, loud, boisterous party was going on [I thought Prom?] and the thumping music was so loud, the kids were running around the courtyard, screaming [they were having fun... fine] - and of course, riding the elevators [ding, ding, ding].
We finally called to find out what was going on. My husband was told it was a party. They would not tell them to "keep it down" or turn the music down because no one else complained. They also said this party had paid the hotel to have the party there [Didn't we pay to SLEEP there?] and they were not going to do anything. My husband asked if they knew about the party ahead of time, and couldn't they have put us in a quieter room? No.
So, we complain at 11 p.m. at night about noise, and we get NO service... one person complains at 10:30 a.m. and we have to pick up our pets. I am infuriated that the manager did nothing to accommodate us over several hours of loud music, didn't offer an apology and didn't give our pets 5 minutes to calm down after people were already awake.
I am furious!

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator and away from the courtyard if you want some sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear schimmelart,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. Your comments tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.

Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects. Nevertheless, I want to assure you that the points you've raised in this review will be looked into.

Your feedback is very helpful to us as we establish our best path to providing successful guest satisfaction.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been a user Crowne Plaza Washington DC Rockville. The staff and everyone out here are excellent. I wanted to mention the name of Rizwana in particular. She is very courteous and professional in her dealings.

Thank you all for making your hotel, a home away from home!

regards
Saju Skaria

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My suite was not very clean with what looked like spilled coffee on a few different surfaces. I turned on the bathroom sink to find brown water coming out. I called the desk and was told, “Oh yea…I know they were working on the pipes…so…” I was told to run the water for a while until it ran clear, or I could take a smaller room on a different floor. It finally ran clear, but turned brown again before my shower the next day. Breakfast was supposed to open downstairs at 6:30, but I stood there waiting until 6:45 both days. A server, who was late and still getting dressed on his way in, made inappropriate comments to me about my legs while I waited for the food to come out. It was one of the worst business travel experiences of my life. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Not a good choice for business travel if you want a clean room, clean water or breakfast on time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Earl R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Kelley S.

I am very sorry you had such a poor experience at our Hotel. Your experience is certainly not consistent with what we do hear from our customers. Nevertheless, we take every guest comment very seriously. Rest assured we will review your comments and experience with our entire team.

I would appreciatte an opportunity to show you our real side. If you have an opportunity to return to the Rockville area, I will provide you with a complimentary one night stay and personally inspect your room prior to arrival and ensure you walk away with a completely different perspective on our Hotel.

Please contact me at your convenience and I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements

Earl Raven
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had an event there two times and the hotel is very clean, beds very comfortable. Staff great. Eager to help in any way. I have stayed at the hotel several times and each time treated with respect and caring. Good restaurant too. Wait staff excellent. Food good.

Room Tip: They have suites too, so if you are staying for a long visit, ask for a suite. Very comfortable, bu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I conducted a seminar at this property and was highly impressed with the level of service I received. My banquet server was Dario, who went above and beyond ensure my event was a success. His attention to detail was much appreciated!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

While staying at the hotel with a group of exceptionally well behaved students at this hotel, the staff treated my group very poorly. After eating a buffet breakfast all students cleaned up after themselves, sorting dishes and throwing out trash...and then they were trying to take a picture in the lobby and were told they were interrupting the other guests and needed to now immediately. They were then told they were only to exit the hotel through the conference center exit ONLY because it was a "disaster area" with the students exiting the front of the hotel. We would not have been treated this way if we were not in matching uniforms for performances. I am completely dissatisfied with personally being spoken to this way as a human being, let alone a guest! Hoping this improves as our stay continues. They are not capable of handling groups of people.

• Stayed April 2013
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Tripadvisor on Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville!

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us. As we share your feedback with our hotel team, we assure you that we'll take all necessary steps to make your next visit memorable one.

I do hope that we will see you back at our hotel soon, so as to provide you with our legendary services for which we are known.

Best,
Amit P.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!