“Nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My suite was not very clean with what looked like spilled coffee on a few different surfaces. I turned on the bathroom sink to find brown water coming out. I called the desk and was told, “Oh yea…I know they were working on the pipes…so…” I was told to run the water for a while until it ran clear, or I could take a smaller room on a different floor. It finally ran clear, but turned brown again before my shower the next day. Breakfast was supposed to open downstairs at 6:30, but I stood there waiting until 6:45 both days. A server, who was late and still getting dressed on his way in, made inappropriate comments to me about my legs while I waited for the food to come out. It was one of the worst business travel experiences of my life. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Not a good choice for business travel if you want a clean room, clean water or breakfast on time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Earl R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Kelley S.

I am very sorry you had such a poor experience at our Hotel. Your experience is certainly not consistent with what we do hear from our customers. Nevertheless, we take every guest comment very seriously. Rest assured we will review your comments and experience with our entire team.

I would appreciatte an opportunity to show you our real side. If you have an opportunity to return to the Rockville area, I will provide you with a complimentary one night stay and personally inspect your room prior to arrival and ensure you walk away with a completely different perspective on our Hotel.

Please contact me at your convenience and I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements

Earl Raven

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had an event there two times and the hotel is very clean, beds very comfortable. Staff great. Eager to help in any way. I have stayed at the hotel several times and each time treated with respect and caring. Good restaurant too. Wait staff excellent. Food good.

Room Tip: They have suites too, so if you are staying for a long visit, ask for a suite. Very comfortable, bu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I conducted a seminar at this property and was highly impressed with the level of service I received. My banquet server was Dario, who went above and beyond ensure my event was a success. His attention to detail was much appreciated!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

While staying at the hotel with a group of exceptionally well behaved students at this hotel, the staff treated my group very poorly. After eating a buffet breakfast all students cleaned up after themselves, sorting dishes and throwing out trash...and then they were trying to take a picture in the lobby and were told they were interrupting the other guests and needed to now immediately. They were then told they were only to exit the hotel through the conference center exit ONLY because it was a "disaster area" with the students exiting the front of the hotel. We would not have been treated this way if we were not in matching uniforms for performances. I am completely dissatisfied with personally being spoken to this way as a human being, let alone a guest! Hoping this improves as our stay continues. They are not capable of handling groups of people.

• Stayed April 2013
Amit P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Tripadvisor on Crowne Plaza Washington D.C - Rockville!

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us. As we share your feedback with our hotel team, we assure you that we'll take all necessary steps to make your next visit memorable one.

I do hope that we will see you back at our hotel soon, so as to provide you with our legendary services for which we are known.

Best,
Amit P.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

While working in the Rockville area, my husband has stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel during the work week and traveled home on the weekends. He has done this for over a year. The beds are comfortable, the fitness room is well equipped, and it's convenient to the Metro (free shuttle) and the Rockville area. The restaurant has a great menu and we especially enjoy the breakfasts. The staff has been truly amazing to our family. We have gotten to know them individually, and can't say enough about the professional and kind treatment that we've received. They are so very attentive to my husband and also to our family when we visit; if they know of a need - they will strive to meet it!

Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and i stayed in this hotel for four days-13th to 17th of April 2013. Very cool and serene environment. We found the staff at the reception desk very friendly, the lobby is very spacious, with ample sitting arrangement were one can receive guests. The rooms are good and spacious, the bathroom was clean and all the facilities were good working condition. The bed is good size and comfortable. However i noticed that most of the house keepers do not understand english language and communication was a bit difficult. I must confess that i found this strange. The lift was a bit sluggish, though that was no problem as the hotel had only three floors.
The hotel is about 6 minutes drive to Rio washingtonian Center, a wonderful shopping centre and the hotel provides shuttle services. We really enjoyed our stay. We also visited the Montgomery Mall, about 15 minutes drive, and a lot of other interesting places in Washington DC. The hotel management has to do something about the hotel sign board. It is not visible to first time visitors to the hotel. The Taxi that brought us the first day found it difficult to locate the hotel. Two separate visitors i had subsequently also found it difficult to locate the hotel. However it was a memorable visit and i would recommend the hotel to any one who wants some where quiet to spend some days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Earl R, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest

We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and found it very relaxing.

All the best

Amit Puri
Oceanside, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel checked me out a day earlier then they were suppose to. In doing so they cleaned out my room not checking with the front desk or calling me. Being I was doing my laundry (i guess they looked in my draws) they decided to take my toiletries and my $225.00 sunglasses. Then the manager just doesn't get that they should not have emptied my room a day early and refused to make good on the glasses. Long story short don't leave anything in your room that your worried about having when you return!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Earl R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Sir,
First and foremost I do apologize for any inconvenience with your room status
I would like to take a moment and refer to our personal conversation regarding your room.
As we had discussed, when the Room Attendant went to service your room, she did not see any of your personal belongings. She began to clean the room. Our Housekeeping Inspector Vicki Dalton came to the room to check on its status. At that point Vicki verified that the room remained on reservation and the room was thouroughly serviced. As the Inspector, Vicki Inspected the room upon arrival and did not notice any personal belongings in the room or Sunglasses. After your call we did further investigations; we did a lock interogation and interviiewed both Vicki and the Room Attendant. Our internal investigation did not indicate anything other than as I mentioned. Both people have been very good long standing employees. Unfortunately, I cannot take responsibility for an item we did notice when we serviced and or inspected the room.

I do wish you the very best and if you decide to return to Rockville, Md. I would appreciatte an opportunity to serve you and I will provide you a 50% discount on your room as a good will gesture

Regards

Earl Raven

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!