“Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Highland Lakes, New Jersey
“Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Although the outside of this Hotel is very unimpressive, the rest of the facility is very nice.
The lobby is very nice, with an atrium like design in the middle of the Hotel.

The rooms were a nice size, the bathroom was nice, and the bed was very comfortable. Everything was clean and fresh.

My Wife was a big fan of the Toiletries.

Our use of the services was limited, but the service was very good.

We did not use the other amenities so I cannot comment.
Only complaint is the loud room heater / air conditioner.
Free Parking is a plus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Harrisburg, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stated here for 4 nights recently with my family to tour DC and visit my son-in-law. Upon arrival the young lady at the front desk was so friendly and courteous. Our room was wonderful and very clean and housekeeping was perfect. The beds were very comfortable and towels were thick and of good quality. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. They have a shuttle and our driver Alan was so helpful and I never had to use my car. He took us to the metro and picked us up and back to the hotel. He took us to the restaurant we ate at and picked us up afterwards. He even took me to a supermarket and to Krispy Kreme for doughnuts. I would definately stay there again my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mandjinva
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this property over Spring Break - found it from Priceline. It was marketed as a 3 1/2 star property - I feel like that was overly generous. The room was run down - the security lock on the door was broken, holes in the door to the bathroom, the base for one of the beds was broken. We only paid $90 per night - given the room was overpriced. A couple of months earlier we stayed at a nearby Marriott for the same price, and even though that property was under-construction, it was a much better deal

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear mandjinva,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we are truly sorry we did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your comments regarding the conditions of the room you received and have shared these with our maintenance team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia Beach, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC, Rockville, MD for a several days in March/April 2013. I did Priceline bids only on a 3.5* hotel in this area, because it located near family. I paid $72 per night plus taxes and fees, for a total of $84. The hotel is located in a business park and has free parking. The staff was good at check-in and throughout my stay. The room was large, clean and smelled fresh. The furniture was modern, nice and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and in good shape. The free wireless Internet access worked fine. I did not hear much noise from other rooms. However, the room faced the atrium, and we could hear noise echoing from below. It wasn’t too bad. They have a free shuttle to the Shady Grove Metro station, which saves the $5 Metro parking fee.

We ate the breakfast buffet one time during our stay. It was about $11 each. It didn’t pay to order off the menu, because most drinks were about $2.50. The buffet was good. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, juice, fruit, coffee and tea. The food was good.

The only negatives in our stay were the noise from the atrium, and we couldn’t keep the curtains open for lack of privacy.

Overall, I had a good stay and would stay there again. The hotel was above average, and has free parking, free internet, convenient to the Metro, and the price was ok for the DC area. I would recommend you request a room with the window facing outside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here for one week while visiting Washington DC -was met at front desk by courteous,helpful staff (particularly Amit) and found suite to be clean, spacious and comfortable. Hotel provides shuttle (personable drivers) who transport to Shady Grove Metro-if heading into DC it is the starting point so you are virtually assured of a seat-found it to be convenient and so much easier than trying to drive in and navigate traffic and hunt for parking. The hotel is located in an industrial park area but we found it to be quiet-did not eat here so I cannot comment on food-there are restaurants and grocery stores located on Shady Grove road (not far by car) Would book here again for next trip to DC area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night, March 30-31, 2013 while visiting the cherry blossom festival in DC. Hotel is easily accessible by car just off I-270, and Shady Grove station is about 5 minutes away. You can tell from the outside that this is an older property, but the rooms have all been recently renovated and is very spacious and comfortable with good furnishings. I stayed at the Sheraton Rockville a couple weeks ago, and my room at the Crowne Plaza is noticeably larger and decorated just as nice. Did not try the restaurant so can't comment, did not use the shuttle either since I park at the Shady Grove Metro station (free parking on weekends).

Very enjoyable stay, and would not hesitate to stay here again next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the outside. Some of the interior atrium facing rooms look out onto a big ter...
southern illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you want to see the sights in DC, dont stay here. It is at the end of the RED line. It is a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the train to the hotel. Typical taxi cost $10-$15 -- one way. The hotel does offer a shuttle, but it not available late at night or early Sunday morning. They gave us 1 free breakfast ticket. The food was just ok. Nothing great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear stl2570,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our location. I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!