“nice size rooms , convenient location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Piccard Dr, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
israel
“nice size rooms , convenient location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

on a recent trip to DC i stayed at the qulaity suites. the room was comfortable and worth the price. the living room-kitchen part of the suite was spacious however the bedroom area was a bit crowded. the bath room was a little outdated and the safe in the room did not work. my biggest issue is that i did not realize this is more like a motel than a hotel.. there are no inside corridors and and all the rooms are accessed from the outside. this was problematic since my travelling companions and i were in separate rooms and we needed to bundle up ( it was below freezing) each time we wanted to go from room to room. i was uncomfortable with the fact that the windows of the room were very low and easy to open, since there is direct access from the parking lot, in theory anyone could get to the room s and with ease open the window and come in. i was a bit nervous because it did not feel secure.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
David M, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Redappel
Thank you for being our guest at the Quality Suites Rockville. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments and suggestions. While our property is an exterior corridor property, rest assured that we have 24 hour security on property.
I will share your comments with my team and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times for business September-November 2014. It is far better than the Extended Stay America that's in the same area. AREA: I know the area well and have had my car (free parking), so I haven't needed a hotel that is in easy walking distance of restaurants, etc. If you do, this hotel isn't the best for walking only because it's on an "off/side" street, but not because of safety. This is a very safe area. At the end of Piccard, there is a bike share station. You could get a bike there and easily go to Falls Grove, Rio, or King Farm to find restaurants and shopping if you don't have a car. There is a metro shuttle that I've never used, but I'm sure it's convenient for anything you'd want to do in DC. It takes about 25 minutes to get downtown from the Shady Grove metro stop on the red line. The ride to the metro would probably take about 10 minutes from the hotel. STAFF: The staff is very nice (especially Chris), but the hotel is understaffed. I waited 40 minutes one morning for housekeeping to bring a hairdryer, and finally had to leave. (They didn't have one at the front desk.) ROOMS: I've paid anywhere from $65 per night to $115 per night, depending on the date and whether I booked a nonrefundable room (the cheapest option). The rooms have been recently updated and are nice and fairly modern. The beds are very comfortable/firm and the kitchenettes are well-equipped. In all three rooms I've had problems with the televisions, but have been able to get them fixed with a call or by some finagling of my own. Two of the rooms I've stayed in have had loud AC/heat systems. I don't think that can be fixed because the hotel is old even though the rooms are updated. In one room, the heat didn't work at all, but they brought me a space heater for the night until it could be fixed the next day. When they fixed it, it stayed on one temperature, but at least I had heat. The complimentary room coffee is terrible/cheap. Bring your own for the 4-cup pot they provide in the rooms. My suggestion would be to check the room as soon as you get there, and if there are problems or anything missing, let them know right away because it may take a while for the problem to be addressed. That said, the rooms are nice for what you pay.

Room Tip: Join the rewards program and book online through Quality Suites rather than online booking sites. Yo...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kelly B
Thank you for choosing to be our guest and posting this review on Trip Advisor. We love to hear from our repeat travelers, and use their comments as an opportunity to improve. I will share your comments with my team, and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future !
Marion, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

The hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the Shady Grove stop on the Red Line of the Metro. There is a large parking lot there. The hotel also runs a complimentary shuttle to the Metro.

This is an old hotel that has been renovated. The rooms open onto outside corridors. There is an inner courtyard (outside) and rooms there are quieter than on the outside because they are away from the parking.

We got there about 7:30 PM and checked in. we had reserved a room with one queen bed. The TV did not work (cable problems) and the heating unit was making a loud noise. I called the desk and asked for a different room. By the time the manager came, confirmed the problems,and moved us to a different room about 40 minutes had elapsed. That should have been accomplished far more quickly.

They upgraded us to an efficiency suite which was very nice. It had a full kitchen and sitting area with TV, and another TV in the bedroom. There were still signs of maintenance issues - like the broken light switch, but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the highway as possible due to road noise.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
David M, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Marilyn W
Thank you for being our guest at the Quality Suites Rockville and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. As you have noted, the Shady Grove metro stop is very close to the property, and makes trips into Washington a breeze. I regret that you experienced an issue with your first room, but am pleased that we were able to accomodate you with an upgrade to one of our suites. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you !
Plano, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Hotel itself is average, room was very large. Was hoping for a room with an oven.

The staff is what made this hotel! Everyone was very cheerful and helpful! We went to the grill they have twice and it was very affordable and good. My boyfriend actually left a pair of expensive jeans in the room on our first visit, and they luckily had them and returned them by our second visit. I loved this hotel and would stay again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Carli N
Thank You for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Its always great to hear from our repeat guests. We are truly fortunate to have a team which embraces the value of providing the best possible guest service. We are here to serve you, our guest, you are our #1 priority !
We highly value guest comments on Trip Advisor since it provides us a report card on how we are doing. We know we provide a Great lodging option at an outstanding Price, but are constantly seeking ways to imporove.
Thank You for being our guest and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future !
Andrews, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

After seeing the reviews of this place on Trip Advisor and my wife booking it on Priceline, I had real concerns about this place prior to our arrival. However, my concerns were for naught as this place was perfect for our week stay in the Washington DC area. The two room suite was perfect with two TVs, a kitchenette, large King size bed, and a sofa in the living room. It was quiet, clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The only complaint is the shuttle to the Metro station which only runs on the top of the hour. It is difficult to line up your return trip to concide with that schedule. We tried the breakfast for $3 each on our first morning. It was not bad but we decided to grab some things at a local diner to prepare in our room. Another thing to consider is that Rockville appears to be an upscale community so no matter where you stay, it should not be a problem area. In summary, I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to avoid the fast pace Washington area for something a little more quiet and slower paced.

Room Tip: Room 116 allowed us to park near our room with a spot available each night.
Dear William J
Thank You for choosing to be our Guest at the Quality Suites Rockville ! I am glad that you found our 2 Room Suite perfect for your needs. Our rooms are truly spacious and our kitchens add to the convenience, especially if you are staying more than one night. While located just off exit 8 on Interstate 270, we can provide ample free parking and a stress free suburban location. I apprecaite your comments and will gladly share them with my team. It was a privilage having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you on your return. Feel free to contact me at anytime, I enjoy speaking with our guests and getting feedback on how we are doing.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

The suites with kitchen are really very large. Beds are very comfortable. Unit is very clean. The towel rack fell down the first day, we reported it but management never came to fix it. The bathtub faucet has seen better days. We got plenty of hot water. Hot breakfast buffet for $3 was a good deal; different choices each day and those waffles are irresistible! The hotels Shuttle service to the metro runs once an hour; also goes to grocery store and the nearby Outlet centre. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful. Yes, the HVAC system is noisy, actually it sounds like a shower running all night and it shudders and shakes when it cycles off. Learned to sleep through it easily, but if the management could fix that, this place would get a much higher rating. I would return as the price was right and the atmosphere friendly. Lobby is very nice place to relax and it has a piano!

Room Tip: We were in 202. Room extra large. On the front but no traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rainbow Traveler
Thank You for being our Guest and posting your review on Trip Advisor. Im am glad you found our spacious rooms accomodating, and that our Breakfast was tasty and a great value.Our proximity to the Shady Grove metro is a real plus, especially if traveling to DC or points closer in.
Our Lobby and Public areas are spacious and provide a welcoming first impression. Not only do we provide Breakfast, but our Bar and Lounge Area make a great place to unwind and catch your favorite game on one of our Flat Screen TVs.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future, and appreciate you spreading the word about us to family and friends.
Sincerly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

We had booked for 4 nights at this hotel. We checked TripAdvisor as we always do, and we read some of the comments, but felt that some people are picky and hard on hotels so we decided to stay at the Quality Suites because of pricing. W e were wrong to choose this hotel. Arriving late we had no other choice but to stay. We felt as long as the room was clean, no problem. The front staff were very nice. The hotel is old and large with the rooms entering from the outside. It is not handicapped friendly. In the morning we saw that the carpet was all stained, the tub was old, paint job was horrible, no decor at all. The couch.... You wouldn't want to sit on it because of its age, it was gross. The bathroom sink is located outside of the bathroom in a dark area, but the light switch had been broken off and you couldn't turn it on at all. We had to un plug a lamp and plug it in near the sink to see. Looking under the bed you could clearly see that the housekeeping is terrible. There was money, paper and dirt under the bed. Dusting, I'm not sure if they know what that is as the headboard was so dusty and gross. There was blood stain on the sheet, my husband found a large bug in the bed in the morning. We travel a lot and have stayed in older hotels, but they are clean and taken care of. Not this one at all. In the morning we immediately checked out. They wanted to give us another room but we said no. The manager was kind enough to give us a full refund, even for the night we had stayed.

Dear Joanne B
Thank You for being our Guest and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. Even though you were not pleased with your stay, Management values your comments and has taken action to ensure future guests do not experience the same issues.
We pride ourselves on our high level of service and cleanliness, and believe your experience was not representative of our usual stay. Please give us the opportunity to show you that the Quality Suites Rockville is a fantastic hotel, and that our team truly values each and every customer. Contact me at your ealiest convenince so that we i can make the necessary arrangements for you.
Dave Monroe

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!