“Broke Down Nothing worked” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Piccard Dr, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Rockville
King County, WA
“Broke Down Nothing worked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First thing I noticed was construction debris in the walkways and broken concrete. Then when I went to plug in my CPAP Machine (there were too little outlets) the outlet behind the bed had no cover and was not even screwed into the wall, it was just dangling. Then we noticed the Air Conditioner would not turn off and was putting liquid all over the floor of the bedroom. The tub had rust stains and there were chips in some of the tiles.The door had to be slammed in order to "latch" which seemed a bit of a security hazard if you weren't paying attention. Also when you entered the room, you had to wiggle the key card and handle to get it to go green instead of yellow to get in. The final straw was when the door didn't work properly for the cleaning staff and they did not clean the room and left us with no toilet paper. But didn't bother to notify Management or us as to why our room was not cleaned and we were left without toilet paper. When we informed the front desk the first day they sent someone and fixed the outlet but did nothing about the A/C and even though the room was cleaned and the cardboard roll taken off the toilet paper holder there was STILL no toilet paper, they simply left the kleenex holder on the edge of the tub (which is what we used until we could get toilet paper). The Manager, David, suggested I switch rooms because they were unable to fix the problem with the air conditioner...no small feat with 2 nine year old boys. But we did... I received the keys for the room next door, and walked back to the far end of the hotel where our room was (I had told the MGR I had blisters on my feet as well and was not looking forward to moving everything). The door would not open with either Key. I walked all the way back to the front desk and the Manager redid the keys and came with me to assure they worked this time. We switched rooms. The coffee table in the room had a large piece broken off of it, but was serviceable. They offered me "free" breakfast for the next 3 days which would equal to $9 for my "inconvenience". In the new room the doors to the bedroom would not close completely and when we woke the next morning everything we had put in the refrigerator had frozen solid. When I went to the front desk again to ask them to fix the problems and that I hoped they would be doing something to compensate me for all of this, the lady first said we could switch rooms, which I was NOT willing to do as I had already moved once. I said she would need to get someone to fix it. We got in late and just went to bed...nothing seemed to be fixed. The next day was check out. I got the same lady who said that the maintenance man had said that, that was how the refrigerator worked. Not bloody likely...they do no freeze food solid. I even had brought in the grapes that were hard as a rock to show her what it had done to all of our food, though I wish I had thought to take more pictures before we threw away all the food, but I thought showing her the grapes would prove my point. . We had gotten a suite so we could save money by eating in our room...instead we lost over $50 worth of food and had to eat out any way. I said I would like some compensation for this. She said she could take 20% off of our entire visit. I reluctantly said OK, I would be OK with that. She then switched it, and said all she could take off of our week long visit was $20. That did not even cover the food that was destroyed, much less all the inconveniences. I was very unhappy with this and she said she was sorry but that is all she could do and that I would have to speak to a manager...who was of course not available.

My over all impression of this place is they offer a lot...then take it back or don't deliver. Online it says their breakfast is free... but once you get there the breakfast is $2.99 per person and they don't offer anything more than what you can get at comparable hotels as part of your stay for free. Also the pictures show a newly renovated hotel and when you get there it seems to be still under renovation (I have pictures). They only seem to work on something if you point the problems out and they may or may not fix the problem even then. The answer seems to be to continuously make you change rooms until you find one without a problem. Then when they do offer you something for your inconvenience, they go back on what they say they can do.

This hotel has great potential...IF their maintenance, housekeeping, and staff put forth more effort to the needed repairs, and serving their customers... the hotel is in a great location, is reasonably priced, and has great sized rooms for a family to use when traveling. This is the ONLY reason I am giving it a poor rating instead of a "terrible" rating though. You guys really missed out on this one.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Youngstown, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

this place is ok if you are a guy and need a long term stay. the room had shabby carpet & the bath tub had rust stains not just a few. one of the reasons we chose this place was because of the kitchenett; however the frig was out of order, but received a replacement the next day. the main downfall of this motel is the cleaning staff. had to go down to front desk to ask for towels, we stayed for 5 nights & sheets were never changed, it appeared that maids made beds & picked up the dirty towels no cleaning of room. this is not a place for families, maybe if you are just passing thru & need to shower, rest & go. just be ware the service is verrrrry poor.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here for 5 weeks while doing a rotation at Walter Reed in Bethedsa. I stayed in a king suite and I had no issues with my room. It was decent sized, and probably the cleanest I have every stayed in. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. The wifi was fast and I had no issues with connection ever. The staff was very nice and helpful, especially TBoy! The only downside was that the shuttle to the metro only ran every hour, but it's not that bad of a walk to the metro, or the safeway if you aren't in the mood to wait for the shuttle to drive you there. The area was nice, the street the hotel is located on is nice and quiet. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed at this hotel a few times. The staff is awesome albeit a bit disorganized. It was one mistake after another with my reservation and room. Requested a top floor room away from the lobby and pool and ended up with a room next to the lobby overlooking the pool. TBoy and crew are just the sweetest, but there seems to be problems with organization. The bottom line is comfort, though. Even though I agree that the hotel needs some renovation etc., I always am just so incredibly comfortable here. This stay was part of a very long road trip, and it was the only hotel where I slept like a baby. Having the kitchen and lots of space in a suite is fantastic and saves money. Although my room looked out over the pool, it was not disturbing. Super clean. It's hard to explain, but I love this place, and will always stay when I am in the area. Not to be redundant, but there is just an aspect of indefinable comfort here.

Room Tip: Top floor...Overhead noise can be very loud.
Suffern, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff seems nice but not able to do more.no remote in fitness room & 2 broken machines. sorry we'll fix it tomorrow doesn't work when u booked reservations asking for a fitness room & you must leave tomorrow. I took 2 rooms.one ok ,one smells & the room closes with glass doors so you dont feel safe.
No smoking rooms clearly had smokers : some rooms have terrible odor.
To get to rooms step on broken concrete near outdoor pool. Noisy parties keep you up at night.
pictures show only parts of hotel so this is False advertising.
I booked reservations for my family members and I'm embarrassed.
How can I tell them in morning that they'll nickel /dime you for the advertised complimentary breakfast?
They're charging $3 for what choice privileges says is free? Yikes

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service was quick, thorough, and friendly. The appliances in my suite were easy to use. I slept wonderfully. With the pool outback and a grocery store within walking distance, I wish I booked longer!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights in mid July with two boys, 14 and 4. We had the standard non-smoking double bed room. To our surprise it looked like a suite. The bed room had double doors to seperate from the living room. There are two TVs one in the bed room and one in the living room. This is great when family members want to watch different shows. The TV in living room also equips with a DVD player, we brought our own movies and it worked fine. There is a fridge, hanging microwave/oven and lots of plates, cups, bowls and utensils. This makes it easy for us to warm up the take-out food. It is close to major streets with lots of restaurants and convenience stores. The beds were comfortable and the rooms are clean. We were very happy with the conditions.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!