“A value for money stay to feel @ Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Piccard Dr, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A value for money stay to feel @ Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Was recommended this hotel by a colleague who had stayed earlier. Being closer to the freeway it was the first choice to circumvent the city traffic and travel to DC.
Arrived at the hotel without a reservation. Check-in was smooth. However based on the length of my stay or Choice Loyalty status, the front desk team did not proposition any special rate, offering or upgrade. Possibly the team is not empowered for the same.
Spoke to Ms.Lee from the hotel and was in a position to obtain special rates for my colleagues who were to arrive for a long stay.
The renovated rooms are excellent. Well furbished with all necessities including an oven, heater , dish washer etc.
Bathroom was impeccably clean. However , I must point out that the housekeeping would not replinish the toileteries even if there was an empty bottle lying around...until told to do so. Carpets are a bit tard... need to be replaced with a quality that can take heavy usage...
My special appreciation for TBOY from the front desk team. He goes out of his way to assist and ensure that the guest has a non worry stay at the hotel
The hotel has a shuttle every hour that takes guest to the nearest grocery or shopping venue. Give the hotel a call and they would pick you up from the same place or metro station anytime.
The metro is not far... around 5 mins drive.... The freeway is adjacent to the hotel....
The best part of the hotel is the parking lot.... park your vehicle and walk straight to the room without compulsorily passing through the reception foyer...
Breakfast is not very elaborate. Only the necessities- eggs, croissants, breads, and sausages with tea/juice. For $3 it is a steal. But for the price of the room..it does not matter. However I observed most other hotels offer free breakfast.
Check out was smooth. No long queues or wait times.
Stayed for more than 3 weeks. Enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: Tey to opt for rooms facing the inner courtyard. Rooms on the exterior of the building facing the Fr...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a nice place to stay. The Staff Is excellent and responsive, but the facility needs lots of work. Many plumbing and A/C issues, hallway ceilings were falling down.
There is only so much the staff can do with a very old building in poor shape.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lousville, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Have been here before, but really downhill this time.
Heater in room not functioning correctly - no one ever came to address. Lamp bulb broken off in lamp in main room - never fixed/removed.
Hostile staff attitude about bringing dog on stay, despite being >ON THE RESERVATION< AND TOLD THEM ABOUT IT ON CHECK IN - acting as if we were pulling something over on them, by not paying. BUT, I ASKED to pay on check in, and they said they would take care on it later!
Ridiculous charge for skimpy breakfast - even less food offerings than prior stay - we went to Safeway!
Foolish to make patrons leave the hotel on cold winter day to get food when you are too cheap to have free breakfast, LIKE NEARLY EVERY OTHER HOTEL!
Staff attitude is POOR - see your TripAdvisor ratings, and your attitude is ARROGANT, and your breakfast charges are PENNY-WISE and POUND FOOLISH.
Might I stay elsewhere next time - perhaps...but perhaps NOT, IF YOU: Make breakfast free again, and act like a SERVICE INDUSTRY by serving the customer with a smile and kindness!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Al S, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation this time, but I am sure that next time we will! The Quality Suites is a pet friendly hotel, however, there are policies and procedures in place, and it seems that there was a breakdown in communication regarding your pet upon the initial check-in. We encourage all of our guests to inform us about their pets before check-in so that we can make the appropriate preparation. The changes in breakfast are in place to give a better chance for continuous improvement. I am glad that one of my managers was able to reach out to you, in order to address your concerns.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Location is right off the freeway, but far enough removed that you don't have to deal with traffic. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable; I'm not certain what they all look like, but mine seemed to recently have been renovated/remodeled.
The staff is what made the stay; David at check in was so helpful with dining options, directions and just a overall friendly guy. The gal working the desk at check out Monday morning was also very friendly. My apologies, I did not get her name. The GM was even available and asked how my stay was.
Overall a great property!!! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had stayed at the Quality Suites formally known as Chase Suites several times over the past years and had chosen to stay for an extended stay while my new residence was finish remodel. I had chose QS for several reason including their free hot breakfast which come to find out they no longer offered, yet I was not informed until I proceeded to breakfast on my first morning present. After that everything seemed ok until a week after I had been there. I had requested a switch in rooms and was told I didnt need to pay for the room until I checked out. The monday I had intended on checking out I was then informed that I had to pay a balance as well as pay upfront for any extension I planned on making. He then informed me that they had made an exception up check in and that I intially should not have been given previously mentioned grace period which to me was my first hearing of such being that I had offered payment upon my request to switch and further extend. I was simply told payment was not needed until check out. Once that issue was resolved I was paying day to day because I was still waiting on my home to be finished and did not want to lose any money by extending for a set amount of days if all days werent needed. On the final day I wanted to extend I went to the front desk to inform them that it would be my last night extending and at that point I was told that I in fact had not been extending day to day but instead I had been simply paying off a balance. First I had heard of such, I was then informed that " they knew I was aware I was doing this because I had spoken with a manager whom emailed everyone that I knew what was going on" This manager was named "TBoy" and I had never spoken with anyone by that name . In fact the only 2 male employees I have ever spoken with were the Manager David and a Front desk associate by the name of Brandon. Upon all the findings I simply asked for some clarity and the manager David at that point rudely proceeded to rush me off the phone as if i was annoying him in some way, or maybe I was a bother. None the less I felt that my business ( I stayed here for 2 wks) was not appreciated. All the employees follow their own rules and guidelines and as a business professional that is not how a establishment should be run. Everyone should be on the same page at all times and should follow all the same guidelines with each and every guest. I never asked for special treatment and didnt care for any. I cared to stay in a Quality establishment handled by professional individuals who care about guest comfort and experience. I dont think I will ever be returning to QS in Rockville. I will gladly take my business to any of the other surrounding hotels whom will match your price interest if you do your appropriate research.

Room Tip: Do your research this hotel might be the cheapest in the area but you honestly pay for what you get...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Pass Christian, Mississippi, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Upon checking into this hotel I thought this was going to be an excellent stay but was very disappointed! My first issue happened with the Heater/AC unit that rattles and chugs all night long even though the unit is turned off! I advised the desk on my way out that morning of this issue and that I needed it looked at because it was preventing me from getting a sound sleep. Upon returning to my room I noticed that it was still making the same noise and called the front desk to again ask if I could get someone to look at my Heater/AC unit and the front desk advised me that he would send someone right up! Well I waited and waited after 40 minutes I called back down to the front desk and was going to advise them that I was going to the gym and that I didn't have a problem with the Maintenance coming in and imagine my surprise, when the front desk person advised me that the maintenance man came up to my room and couldn't fix my unit because it was a "Deeper issue, that would take longer to fix!" Now mind you I was in my room the whole time and no one ever came to my room! When I confront the Front desk person they quickly apologized and advised me the hotel was sold out and he would "Advise Management" of the situation!

My next venture was in the business center when I tried to print out my reports for a project I was doing but the computer had older software then what my document was created with so it couldn't open any of them. So again, I went to the front desk and advised them of the issue and was told "Management was aware, but she would Advise them again!". Anyone seeing the pattern yet?

Well the third and final issue that caused me to write this review was when I went to the front desk to get change to use in the Guest Laundry Room and also purchased detergent, while the whole time chatting with the front desk staff did he once advise me that out of four washers only one was working and apparently everyone in the hotel was trying to use that one washer because there was a line of dirty close in front of it! I was a little angry to say the least when I went back to my room and again called the front desk to advise them of the situation and was told, "Well, I knew there was two out but didn't know another one was down." wait for it, yep "I will Advise Management! Really???? Not to my surprise if you notice on a previous review there was a report of two washer being down!

This hotel's rooms aren't spectacular but there not bad either! What really makes it bad is that all of the amenities you need are broken and nobody cared! This caused my stay to be dismal at best, instead of the excellent one I expected! I will not stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Al S, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations this time, but next time we will. We are doing all that we can to improve our services to keep our guest happy and be best in class. Thank you for staying with us, your next stay will be flawless!
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Have stayed many time over the last 2 years on weekend trips to see family, the room is alway clean and the staff gets me on 1st floor. This trip the rug had a big rip like it was caught moving refrigator out. stayed 2 day very quite room being within viewing range of 270. I was upset that they took away free breakfast when they are charging over $100.00 per night. they charge $2.99 per person and the same for kids. I do not mine having to pay but when you have to wait on food to be brought out on a buffet line and I have to pay that is not right. The staff that worked the food area acted like the did not understand you when you asked for something, International employees that work in public areas should know the language. The gentlaman that came around and asked for our breakfast tickets could not speak a lick of english, but sure could speak spanish to the other employees.

Room Tip: In the winter ask for an outside room less wind
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Al S, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
We will improve communication with our guest regarding the breakfast charge. Children up to the age of 12 years old will continue to be complimentary. Thank you for staying with us, and please let us know when you will be back, we will make sure to meet all of your expectations next time!

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!