“"I will advise Management"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Piccard Dr, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Pass Christian, Mississippi, United States
“"I will advise Management"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Upon checking into this hotel I thought this was going to be an excellent stay but was very disappointed! My first issue happened with the Heater/AC unit that rattles and chugs all night long even though the unit is turned off! I advised the desk on my way out that morning of this issue and that I needed it looked at because it was preventing me from getting a sound sleep. Upon returning to my room I noticed that it was still making the same noise and called the front desk to again ask if I could get someone to look at my Heater/AC unit and the front desk advised me that he would send someone right up! Well I waited and waited after 40 minutes I called back down to the front desk and was going to advise them that I was going to the gym and that I didn't have a problem with the Maintenance coming in and imagine my surprise, when the front desk person advised me that the maintenance man came up to my room and couldn't fix my unit because it was a "Deeper issue, that would take longer to fix!" Now mind you I was in my room the whole time and no one ever came to my room! When I confront the Front desk person they quickly apologized and advised me the hotel was sold out and he would "Advise Management" of the situation!

My next venture was in the business center when I tried to print out my reports for a project I was doing but the computer had older software then what my document was created with so it couldn't open any of them. So again, I went to the front desk and advised them of the issue and was told "Management was aware, but she would Advise them again!". Anyone seeing the pattern yet?

Well the third and final issue that caused me to write this review was when I went to the front desk to get change to use in the Guest Laundry Room and also purchased detergent, while the whole time chatting with the front desk staff did he once advise me that out of four washers only one was working and apparently everyone in the hotel was trying to use that one washer because there was a line of dirty close in front of it! I was a little angry to say the least when I went back to my room and again called the front desk to advise them of the situation and was told, "Well, I knew there was two out but didn't know another one was down." wait for it, yep "I will Advise Management! Really???? Not to my surprise if you notice on a previous review there was a report of two washer being down!

This hotel's rooms aren't spectacular but there not bad either! What really makes it bad is that all of the amenities you need are broken and nobody cared! This caused my stay to be dismal at best, instead of the excellent one I expected! I will not stay here again!

Al S, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations this time, but next time we will. We are doing all that we can to improve our services to keep our guest happy and be best in class. Thank you for staying with us, your next stay will be flawless!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Have stayed many time over the last 2 years on weekend trips to see family, the room is alway clean and the staff gets me on 1st floor. This trip the rug had a big rip like it was caught moving refrigator out. stayed 2 day very quite room being within viewing range of 270. I was upset that they took away free breakfast when they are charging over $100.00 per night. they charge $2.99 per person and the same for kids. I do not mine having to pay but when you have to wait on food to be brought out on a buffet line and I have to pay that is not right. The staff that worked the food area acted like the did not understand you when you asked for something, International employees that work in public areas should know the language. The gentlaman that came around and asked for our breakfast tickets could not speak a lick of english, but sure could speak spanish to the other employees.

Room Tip: In the winter ask for an outside room less wind
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Al S, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
We will improve communication with our guest regarding the breakfast charge. Children up to the age of 12 years old will continue to be complimentary. Thank you for staying with us, and please let us know when you will be back, we will make sure to meet all of your expectations next time!
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel with a large group of 50 people. The double room was ok. Nothing more than an average american hotel, but fine. Breakfast was not as good as we expected, but they were announcing that it would be charged from the next week on, by Nov 2nd, so I hope it gets better. The hotel staff was polite and helpful, although they didn't appear to have much resources available. For instance, during my check out I requested for a luggage cart and after waiting for 15 minutes I gave up and carried my luggage by myself,

Congers, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for one night when we needed to be in the area for an early meeting. We were getting in late (11:00 pm) for a morning appointment, and knew that we would really just need a place to sleep, and not spending any time at the hotel. Based on price and reasonable TA reviews, I decided on this hotel. Overall, it's average.

LOCATION: The motel is located in an industrial / office park, so it's relatively quiet in off hours. It also backs up to Interstate 270, so I would have to assume that rooms on that side of the premises would be noisy with traffic sounds.

ROOM: The room itself was okay. The queen room we chose had a fairly recent update (maybe 5 or 6 years ago?) in the bedroom and counter area, but bathroom hadn't been updated in longer than that, and it showed. Although it does look like they've tried to maintain it, the bathroom tile had evidence of mold, and needs to be replaced by now. The bathroom exhaust fan rattled and needed to be replaced. Overall, it was pretty clean, and the bed sheets were good. I was awoken, however, in the middle of the night by a cell phone going off in a neighboring room, so walls are pretty thin. Lucky that I have an easy time gong back to sleep.

SERVICE AND AMENITIES: There is an outdoor pool on site, which was already closed for the season. Check-in and out at the front desk was efficient and friendly, and we were asked if everything was okay during checkout.

BREAKFAST: Upon check-in, we were informed that breakfast was not included as part of our room rate, but could be added for $3 additional per person. We opted for their breakfast, which was okay. Chafing buffet dishes included powdered eggs and sausages, your usual carbs (muffins, croissants, etc.), hard-boiled eggs, sliced oranges, cold cereals and waffles. I guess for $3 it was more than adequate. Missing, though, we decaf tea. I settled for orange juice instead.

VALUE: At less than $90 for the night, including the breakfast, the price was right. Probably one of the cheapest places we've stayed in in a long time, but it showed. Low cost equaled average experience.

All in all, this was just okay. I would only stay here again if in a similar situation, and needed a place for sleeping. Otherwise, I prefer to stay in nicer places for my money, even if I have to pay a little more.

Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is one of the worst places I have stayed. I booked a room for a month while waiting to complete my home purchase. The room they promised was not the room we got. They informed us (the day we moved out of our rental and was in route to the hotel) that our room was not ready and would not be ready until the next week. After complete panic and argument we were put in another room on the bottom floor which was dirty with the wall paper pealing off of the wall. The carpet looked like it had not been cleaned in forever. The walls were paper thin and you can hear everything from your neighbors. You have no control of changing from AC or heat - which neither worked when we checked in - you can ONLY have either AC or Heat - forget if its 80 degrees in the day and the temp falls at night! You have to beg everyday for wash cloths and towels. The laundry room has 4 washers and 4 dryers two of each do not work! After checking into the room with the hopes to be in the room we wanted in one week we were then told our room would not be ready for TWO weeks!! This place is awful!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Here is the breakdown in simple terms. All opinions are unbiased and completely free of any political influence and hatred.

Pros:
1. Friendly customer service
2. Breakfast (Not Free)
3. David the manager was friendly and accommodating
4. Flat-screen televisions in the rooms with DVD player
5. MP3 Player and mini sound system
6. Outdoor pool (Did Not Use)
7. Cable plus additional channels
8. Easy access to Point of Interests in the Area like Corporate Offices and Restaurants
9. In Hotel Grill
10. Mini Mart in Hotel

Cons:
1. Old Worn Out Room Structure
2. Bathroom Needs Grouting and Caulking around Tub-Surrounds and Toilet Base
3. Chipping Wallpapers in Hallways and Guestrooms
4. Missing Items and False Advertising on Hotels.com Under "All Included In the Room" Section
5. Old in Room A/C & Heat Unit Looks Worn Out.
6. Confusing Exterior Corridor To Getting Into and Out of the Rooms
7. Orange-Brown Rusting in Tub
8. Chipping Microwave in But Clean Refrigerator
9. Hair on Bed But There Was Only One.
10. Uncomfortable Mattresses Lost My Sleep. :(

Not the best hotel in Maryland but only good for two days. Otherwise all up to you ladies and gentlemen. E. Ratanji

Room Tip: Choose Rooms In The Back For A good Night's Rest. Pool Side is Also Okay
Preston, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for just 1 night for business......"T. Bone" and Natallia greeted me with smiles and pleasant attitude. That was a great 1st impression after driving a 1 1/2 hours :) I enjoyed my wings & beer in the Rock Griile & Bar before I turned in for the night. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and my wake up call was right on time. Oh, thanks T.Bone for the use of your charger!! I returned it to the front desk during check out.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room in the back of the hotel - you can hear the noise from the traffic A...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!