“5 Star Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Piccard Dr, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Toledo, Ohio
“5 Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at a suite on the first floor. Best value for the price! Suite was much more than we expected as was the staff, the cleanliness, the breakfast and the shuttle service to the metro! The metro stop at Shady Grove is about a half hour ride into DC which is a small price to pay when considering hotels in the downtown DC area cost 1-2 times as much. The ride back to the hotel gave our feet a chance to rest!! Will stay here again and will recommend it highly to anyone visiting the DC area!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your feed back. We are thrilled you enjoy your stay with us and appreciated your time in our Nation's Capital!
We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Several ups and downs during this stay. The suite itself was wonderful, it had plush white bedding, not the foul orange color as shown in photos. The windows opened about 6 inches, the place was huge with everything needed for an extended stay. Only complaint about the room is that the water temperature fluctuated from scalding to icy without adjusting it, so showers were not that great. The hotel is backed up onto a major highway with nothing between but a chain link fence. The traffic was exceptionally loud, and I did have trouble getting to sleep. Forget going outside at all, it was deafening. The staff was extremely rude upon check-in, but exceptionally nice at check-out, so I guess it depends who you get. The breakfast buffet was huge with many hot dishes but the tea was picked out and the juice had run out. Staff was aware and didn't seem to care. I will probably stay at one of these in another location, but not at this one again, the traffic was just way too loud and the staff was too questionable.

Room Tip: Request a room in the front of the building, as far away from the highway as possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michelle D, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear guest,
We are sorry sorry about the issues you encoutered during your stay. We would live to contact you personally to discuss the staff comments.This would give us a chance to improve our service rapidly. Please contact David at fos@qualitysuitesrockville.com
Thank you again!
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and family have stayed at the Quality Suites in Rockville for short term stay and long term stay. The Quality Suites in rockville offers a real suite not a hotel room, the bedroom space is just like our home bedroom, the kitchen is a full kitchen everything we have at home, and the BIG FULL BREAKFEST IS SECOND TO NONE!!! They also offer a round the clock shuttle that allows my wife and I to park the car and relax, because that's why we continue to come back, VERY RELAXING JUST LIKE HOME. THE SMITH FAMILY:)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We have enjoyed having you and your family stay with us! We just hope to se you back at Quality Suites Rockville very soon!
Please do not hesitate to share your exeperience and to like us on Facebook or/and to follow us on Twitter where you will find our special packages and new saving opportunities.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a King kitchenette room and were very impressed from the check in. The desk staff was excellent, great service and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very well done. Best room value we have experienced yet.

• Stayed March 2013
On behalf of the management and the staff we want to thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. We would love to see you again at Quality Suites Rockville!
Please do not hesitate to to share your experience and to like us on Facebook or/and to follow us on Twitter where you will find our special packages and new saving opportunities.
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Cost of a suite is cheaper than a regular room in nearby hotels, Taking advantage of either AAA rates or advance-purchases results in a reasonably low rate. Rooms vary significantly in style and level of refurbishing, but overall the quality and cleanliness is very good. Have stayed here multiple times with very few issues. Staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: The King suite with two full rooms is the best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments. We would be delighted to have you back soon to Quality Suites Rockville and will take pride in delivering consistent service and value.

Do not hesitate to share your exeperience and to like us on Facebook or/and to follow us on Twitter where you will find our special packages and new saving opportunities.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I came to Quality Suites based off the reviews that I read and the price. When I arrived at the hotel, the guest service representative who checked me in was very friendly but my surprise came when I got to my room because it was not what I expected at all. The room was outdated (room #145) and I was shocked at that because the pictures that I viewed on here told a totally different story. In the kitchenette, the cabinets and appliances were old, the bathroom was ok but there was what looked like mold or very bad hard water stains on/in the shower head and the bathroom sink was not in the bathroom but outside of it and had an outdated vanity. The way the hotel is laid out and where my room was positioned, you couldn't get to breakfast without driving around to the front and when I wanted to get water and ice to drink, I didn't know where to find that. The business center was located right behind the front desk and the manager's office was also located in the same area which I think is tacky. I think the only thing that was ok was the LG flat screen TV, the comfort of the bed and the size of the room. I was able to glimpse in at the room two doors down from me (on my attempt to look for ice and water) and it was great! That room was updated and I was very disappointed that I got the room I did when I saw it. It made me feel like because I wasn't staying there past 2 days that I was entitled to that kind of luxury. Thank God I was only there for a very short stay but take it from me, if you are to stay there at anytime, make sure you inquire about the room first and that you are getting the "Quality Suite" you will be paying for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Below is an excerpt of an email that I sent to the hotel manager after my stay. It took him a week to respond back and he offered to comp my next stay - no thank you.

Prior to my arrival and also at check-in I had requested a room close to or adjoining my sister's family. I understand that this was a special request but to put our rooms down the corridor from each other when the hotel was fairly empty did not make sense. I based this on the parking lot being close to empty (I was able to park directly in front of the hotel both nights, the breakfast crowd was light both mornings, and the hotel staff said there weren't too many guests).
When we entered the room and started to unpack I was surprised to see the dresser was positioned in such a way that it was unusable. It was so ridiculous that I took a picture (see attachment) because I am sure no one would believe me. When I told the gentleman at the front desk later that afternoon he also laughed when I showed him the picture and then nodded when I told him what room we were in, as if he knew about it. It must be the joke of the hotel staff.
Also, the light between the 2 beds was not working. It was unplugged but I couldn't find an outlet to plug it back in. I also mentioned this to the gentleman at the front desk and when we returned, someone must have come in to find the plug because it was on.
The toilet had urine stains on the back near the tank. I left it thinking housekeeping would catch it the next morning but it was there throughout our stay. The same for the small puddle of water below the shut-off valve on the tank. Clearly it was dripping but the same puddle was there so I guess housekeeping did not mop the floor.
Sunday morning a housekeeper knocked once and proceeded to open the door without announcing herself or giving us a chance to answer the door. This occurred at 8:50 am. While I did not have the "do not disturb" sign on the door it is still rude to knock and open the door at the same time.

Room Tip: Go to the Sheraton around the corner
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!