“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Piccard Dr, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Below is an excerpt of an email that I sent to the hotel manager after my stay. It took him a week to respond back and he offered to comp my next stay - no thank you.

Prior to my arrival and also at check-in I had requested a room close to or adjoining my sister's family. I understand that this was a special request but to put our rooms down the corridor from each other when the hotel was fairly empty did not make sense. I based this on the parking lot being close to empty (I was able to park directly in front of the hotel both nights, the breakfast crowd was light both mornings, and the hotel staff said there weren't too many guests).
When we entered the room and started to unpack I was surprised to see the dresser was positioned in such a way that it was unusable. It was so ridiculous that I took a picture (see attachment) because I am sure no one would believe me. When I told the gentleman at the front desk later that afternoon he also laughed when I showed him the picture and then nodded when I told him what room we were in, as if he knew about it. It must be the joke of the hotel staff.
Also, the light between the 2 beds was not working. It was unplugged but I couldn't find an outlet to plug it back in. I also mentioned this to the gentleman at the front desk and when we returned, someone must have come in to find the plug because it was on.
The toilet had urine stains on the back near the tank. I left it thinking housekeeping would catch it the next morning but it was there throughout our stay. The same for the small puddle of water below the shut-off valve on the tank. Clearly it was dripping but the same puddle was there so I guess housekeeping did not mop the floor.
Sunday morning a housekeeper knocked once and proceeded to open the door without announcing herself or giving us a chance to answer the door. This occurred at 8:50 am. While I did not have the "do not disturb" sign on the door it is still rude to knock and open the door at the same time.

Room Tip: Go to the Sheraton around the corner
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edina, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The good- our big family gathering had several rooms here, including some suites. The beds were the best part of the rooms. Very comfortable and nice beds. Kitchen suites were updated and spacious with all the amenities. Staff was nice and friendly, for the most part.

The bad- the breakfast was AVERAGE... gross eggs, standard waffles, muffins, and had to ask repeatedly for food to be replenished. Finally, stopped eating it and made breakfast in our suites. Housekeeping was disappointing. We had to repeatedly ask for things to be replenished and then the staff would forget half the stuff we asked for. No extra toilet paper rolls in room so when the one roll would be gone we had to call down and ask someone to bring another. Our room would be cleaned and only one washcloth would be left (our reservations stated 5 people to a room). One of our rooms was cleaned twice over 2 days, but never replenished with towels, washcloths, or coffee. One morning, I was staying in a regular room for one night only and then checking out at noon the next day. At 11 am I was packing my stuff and showering when the housekeeper walked into the bedroom. I had just gotten out of the shower and was not clothed. I told her I"m checking out soon and to please leave. When I mentioned this to the front desk, the man argued with me telling me I should of heard her knock (I was in the shower though?) and continued arguing. I guess when she came in the room she didn't notice the lights on, tv on, all my luggage out, and the noise of the shower/fan running.
In the end, his response was worse than being caught in the nude by the housekeeper! Our family members also had a wide variety in prices. we booked rooms two months in advance and of the suites, the price ranged from 79.00 to 119.00 per night. So shop around and check online for deals. Just an average experience, wouldn't go back unless I really needed a kitchen.

Room Tip: Room 139 had a great kitchen, rooms facing the freeway were noisier. Some rooms had loud pipes makin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The good- this all suite hotel is near both the metro and 270 and it is pet friendly. If it is raining the 3 storeys of covered walkways around the property make a super morning 'walkies'. The staff are awesome. They dealt with questions promptly. They also were able to accommodate special requests by moving my room and allowing a very late checkout with a half day fee.

The bad-located close to major traffic arteries means you are surrounded by traffic noise. Rooms with even numbers are on the exterior of the property with rooms ending in 32-36 and 38-44 facing I-270. Also, while clean the decor is dated and in some spots shabby.

The rest-ask for an odd room it will face one of two courtyards that look down on the pool in the front or the grass courtyard for dogs in the back. Rooms in the 100's are in the first floor and great for dogs, kids or folks who need to avoid stairs.
Pet friendly here means $15 for each dog for dogs up to 40 lbs. You can have up to two dogs. They didn't say if there were breed restrictions. Pets are able to stay in the room if crated. There are three doggie day-cares nearby if you don't want to leave them alone. Make sure to bring poop bags, some poop was left by other guests probably because there isn't poop station with scoop and bags, so avoid flip flops. Overall this was a good place to stay for what I needed and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback!
We will be thrilled to have you back with your dogs!
We actually do have a dog poop station located in a corner of the hotel outside yard and equipped with bags and trash can.
We kindly request the dogs to be crated only during housekeeping service.
I hope this information will be helpful!
Somerset, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Went to MD at the last minute, saw the good reviews, decided this was worth a try. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, great location. Didn't need a suite but will stay again when back in this area. Friendly staff. Only negative is motel set up but only in cold or rainy weather. Breakfast was very good, and a real bonus.

• Stayed February 2013
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments.
We hope to see you back very soon!
North East, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We needed to stay in a room close to the local hospital due to a family illness and were very happy with the accommodations . The room was spacious ,clean and had every thing we could need for our stay. The complimentary breakfast(full breakfast) was a plus. The desk staff was very accommodating when I requested a 1st floor room. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your comments and we are looking forward for you to stay with us again!
Kutztown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Quality Suites between Christmas and New Years. The staff was friendly and helpful. We appreciated the shuttle to the Metro. Thank you for that service! The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and we had fresh towels every day. The hot breakfast was comparable to any restaurant buffet. I would rate their breakfast buffet the best hotel breakfast buffet ever. It was different every morning. Over the three mornings there we had scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, french toast, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, and various flavors of waffles. The price was very reasonable. I have no complaint. We will be back again on our next trip to the DC area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We are thrilled you were pleased with our hotel. We are looking forward to see you back in 2013!
Jerseyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My son (from Seattle, WA) and I (from Illinois) stayed in your hotel for 3 nights over Christmas. We were visiting my daughter who lives in Silver Spring, but her kitchen couldn't handle Christmas dinner this year. You gave us a BEAUTIFUL suite: bedroom with 2 beds (felt like extra length, which we both appreciated), living room big enough for all 4 of us to sit comfortably, full kitchen (we could have cooked our own turkey in the oven, but we didn't!) It was a lovely quiet room, great beds, plenty of space in the refrig. for the food my daughter brought in. The free breakfasts were great too -- lots of variety. Thanks for making it possible for us to celebrate Christmas all together this year -- first time since 2008! It was a really happy experience.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet renovated room with full kitchen. There's a highway on one side of the hot...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in 2013!
Happy New year!

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!