“Good for all ages” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 Piccard Dr, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Chase Suite Hotel Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is part of the Choice Hotels chain. Because there were 3 of us, we wanted a suite, and this was perfect for our needs. Close to a busy highway, but rooms well-soundproofed, beds very comfortable, rooms clean and provided with mini-kitchenette. We were there for last day of swimming season, so enjoyed the pool. There's a fully equipped laundromat next to the pool. The Fitness Center was closed due to renovations, but due to re-open in 2 weeks. Hot breakfast was plentiful and delicious, with food being re-stocked at least as late as 10 a.m. There is a restaurant on-site, but we were visiting family so didn't use it, but we did make use of the free internet. Through online booking with a travel company, we got an amazingly low price. Location is in an attractive business park, a short drive to shopping and restaurants and train to downtown Washington. We fully intend to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We will be thrilled to see you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
germantown md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

oweson place to stay as soon we walk into the building we fell the warn smile don't look enywhere else just quality suiteit was my fiance birth day and after all day long together I decide to give him a sorprice to stay at this excellent place

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comments! We hope to see you again in the future!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

After reading the mixed reviews I was not sure what my experience would be but I was pleasantly surprised. I only stayed for a quick overnight trip but it was great. Check in was a breeze and every staff member I encountered was very nice and helpful. I was able to request a late checkout (1pm) without any problems which was great.

The room was quite spacious. I stayed in a King's Suite with a kitchen, dining table, living room and doors that lead into the King bedroom with bathroom. You can tell the hotel has or is still being remodeled. Workers were painting the wall right outside my door. The bedroom area had been updated and the living room kitchen did not look like it was but again, it was still pleasant and comfortable.

The good:
Free wifi & complimentary coffee in the lobby area.
Close to shopping and restaurants.
Easy access to DC.
Parking was easy.

The So So:
The doors to the rooms are on the outside of the hotel and so was the elevator I used to get to the third floor. Not a big deal but being a female alone on a business trip and not knowing the area, I was a little anxious. There were plenty of people around which made me feel more comfortable.

You had to walk outside to get to the main lobby if your room was in the back. Again, not a deal breaker just good to know, especially if it's raining really bad.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and if I am ever back on business again in this area, I will be staying here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. We keep improving to make your future stay even better!
Germantown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 7th anniversary last week but because we have a new baby, the ability to get away alone is nearly impossible. So we decided on a day trip instead. I spoke with Mohammed about our situation. I wanted to reserve the room for a Monday night, check in that Monday, but we would actually arrive first thing Tuesday morning and stay all day. I asked if we could do a late checkout (2:00pm...checkout is 11:00am) which he granted us with no problem.

When I arrived Monday night to check in and drop off some things for the room, I told Feben my name and immediately she said "Happy Anniversary!" Everyone at the front desk had been informed about our anniversary and were more than gracious! I checked in with no problems and made my way to our room. Inside on the counter, I found flowers in a vase and a card for my husband and I wishing us a happy anniversary!

The room was wonderful. HUGE bedroom, granite countertops and ice maker in the kitchen, nice layout for a living area, nice bathroom area. AND free high speed internet! Yes the hotel is older but the renovations they have made make it well worth the price we paid. ($69 for the day!) My husband is a gamer and since our anniversary is about both of us, I brought the PS3 and was able to connect it to the flat screen in the room with no problem. He loved that! :)

A couple of small things that were drawbacks:

--While the front desk knew it was our anniversary and that we would be checking out late, the housekeeping staff was not informed of this. So they knocked a few times to see if/when we were checking out. No big deal but it was a little annoying since we had the do not disturb placard on the door.

--There was some banging noises early in the morning as if they were hanging something heavy on the wall in another suite. We were awake so it was no big deal for us but it was pretty loud and I felt for others who were trying to sleep.

--Finally, there was a steady knocking noise that I couldn't figure out but sounded as though it was in the pipes. Again, not a deal breaker.

We would ABSOLUTELY stay here again. I put my husband in charge of finding the hotel and told him I would take it from there. He did GREAT...the Quality Inn and Suites is a winner! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your great comments!
It was a pleasure to make your event a successful one. Your feed back is really appreciated and will help improve our standards!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Upon arrival at the hotel walked into the building and was greeted with a warm smile and a welcome. The gentleman behind the desk was professional, friendly and helpful. I asked for suggestions for restaurants in the area and he had a list prepared with phone numbers and general vicinity.

I had a room on the second floor. It was massive, clean and looked like a studio apartment. The bedroom was separate from the living room which is wonderful if you have a companion that stays up later than you or you have a small group.

The kitchen had a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. There was only dishwasher soap nothing to manual wash the dishes with felt silly to run it for 1 dish, 1 knife, 1 fork and glass. The freezer worked so well that 12 hours later my water is still frozen. Even had a full ice maker had ice in seconds (thick ice that didn't melt in seconds in your water or drink). There was a spot near the sink that needs to be fixed. Plenty of counter space for meal prep or storage. Had a small dining table for 4.

The living room furniture outdated but comfortable (Couch and chair). The TV is small and down low. Didn't bother me much as I was using TV more for background noise than visual entertainment but the hotel should consider updating the TV. Had a brand new DVD player, would have preferred it in the bedroom where there was a flat screen TV.

The bed was comfortable and bedding soft. The pillows not so much. The pillows were just harder than I prefer normally.

The dresser was functional. If I had more than an overnight bag I would have used the dresser.

The bathroom: toilet seemed lower than it is supposed to be. It was clean and toilet paper soft. The bathtub was clean. Water pressure was fine even with the dishwasher running. The grout in the bathroom needs to be redone as it is flaking up. The sink in the dressing area needs an update but it was clean and functional.

Overall I was pleased with the hotel I know it is going through renovation because Quality purchased this hotel from the Chase Hotel Chain.

The pool area was clean and had chairs that you could lounge around. The pool is in the center court of the hotel so easy to get there from anywhere.

The restaurants was closed on Sunday which is :0( would have liked to try it. The breakfast in the AM didn't bother going to because I purchased items at the local grocer.

Location is great - easy on and off the Metro, great restaurants in the area and not far from great activities in the area. When I was checking out, every customer had positive things to say. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michelle D, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive comments. We appreciate your feedback and we would be thrilled to see you back at the Quality Suites
Stamford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at the Quality suites for a family wedding so I only stayed over night but the job the did in renovations made me want to stay longer the two room suites were very clean and roomy the staff was excellent and very nice location if I have to go back to Rockville I will stay here and longer

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for dtaying with us and for your posting.
We hope to see you back soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here twice in the last 5 months. Both times we had beautiful, newly decorated rooms, in which everything worked as advertised. The staff were polite and attentive, and the breakfast was OK, if not particularly inspiring. This weekend we only paid $61 - and absolute bargain, which I suspect will increase dramatically one the hotel renovation is complete.
There are great restaurants inside a mile, and the hotel is close to Shady Grove Metro.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.