“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Waco, Texas
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As an IHG Platinum reward member I really enjoyed staying at this hotel! James at the front desk was by far the most friendly front desk agent that I've ever came across in all my travels. The OUTSTANDING service did not just stop there, even the Housekeeping Manager made my stay outstanding! Then Delick the host/bartender made exceptional drinks and ensured that I was well taken care of! At checkout Corey also took really good care of me. I do wish however that with the many services that they offer, that it had a spa or place for massages, that would totally tie into the whole wellness theme of this new hotel brand.

Room Tip: 7th floor is the best
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Cory B, you are my hero!
An IHG Rewards Platinum Member that gives amazing praise to our staff and hotel - and then has only one recommendation that they would like to see spa services as an option…As Emeril Lagasse would say, “BAM!”
Thanks for the positively amazing review my friend. *And as a side note, we are planning some possible chair massage arrivals by the Wellcome Island on occasion and are also forming some more close, local dayspa partnerships to make seamless appointments available, etc..
You’re the best!
Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very welcoming hotel. Comfortable, cozy rooms.
I've had several interactions with James at the front desk who is very friendly and engaging, also informative about the surrounding area, with great suggestions.
The bar staff over the past few days, Christina and Delick, have been incredibly nice, easy to talk to, and pour a great drink. Treat them well, they deserve it!

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 3rd and 7th floors. Both sides of the hotel. Both were quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Daniel G, or as we like to call you around here, Awesome Guest,
We can’t thank you enough for your review, especially because it speaks to our most important asset, OUR PEOPLE! James, Christina “Friday” and Delick are about as good as they come, and we have another 30 EVEN Hotel co-workers who stand right there with them. We are dynamic, diverse group who values an encouraging, inspired, get-to-know- you- personally culture – so THANK YOU again Daniel, for being such an awesome guest and letting us have the chance to do what we love every time you and our other guests stay.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The concept of EVEN Hotel is awesome. You can exercise in your room or in the state of the art exercise room. Also, there are exercise videos. The rooms are maintained well but here was the problem the date I arrived.

I was told by the front desk that I had to wait until 3:00 PM. I arrived at 2:50 PM. I waited 10 minutes and went back to the front desk and asked for my room. I learned the truth shortly thereafter. The cleaning crew was way behind schedule and people were waiting for rooms since 11:30 AM. We got our room approximately 30 minutes later. There were several people arriving later that were waiting for their room. The front desk manager attempted to get the cleaning crew to get the rooms done as quickly as possible but people were stranded in the front of the hotel.

The following morning we had breakfast at the hotel which was very good but one of the juice machines was not working.

I would return to this hotel again despite these issues. I believe that they just need to get these issues resolved. Also, what would have made people waiting be more patient if the hotel offered something while waiting. Unfortunately, they did not.

It was a pleasant stay minus the issues and the design of the hotel I liked.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Wayne C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review and for giving us some kudos on our concept.
As for your arrival, my apologies for not being at the Wellcome Island at that time, because I am notorious for offering coffee, tea, soda or cocktails if there is even the slightest wait. Actually, I’m also surprised, because this is pretty common for us to do as a “just because” as part of your arrival.
All in all, so glad to hear you’ll be back with us again - and we will make sure we hit the 3pm check-in my friend!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The other reviews talk about hotel theme, wellness, design etc.

No doubt that is true.

The staff is quite friendly and seem very proud to be involved with an emerging urban hotel concept

The location is near a wide selection of stores and restaurants which makes it convenient also

The metro is two blocks away to whisk you to central DC at about 6 dollars per trip as opposed to uber at 30 or taxis at 30+ each way

The exercise videos are there to help out. You can buy the hotel branded videos for 150 dollars or the price of one night.

I actually recommend going to the hotel app at IHG and you can access them free. Whether you stay or not. A nice inducement to help you opt in for your first EVEN stay and you will then return.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for 1 night on a recent business trip. WOW...great hotel! Very clean, comfortable bed, staff was friendly. The room had great options for working out - yoga mat and blocks, exercise ball, workout bands, and several channels of workouts to follow along with. My only complaint, I called to get more towels and they never arrived - they recently opened, so I'm guessing growing pains?...I just called back downstairs and I went to get them, to make up for my inconvenience I received complimentary drink coupons. The restaurant/shop is great - although I didn't get anything but coffee in the morning, the drinks and food looked good! Flavored water by the check-in area. I will definitely stay again!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As many reviewers have noted, EVEN tries to focus on healthy lifestyles, including exercise videos on the tv, some equipment in the room (bands and Bosu ball) and healthy options in the small restaurant. Very clean and new feeling, but my room was small enough that I couldn't do many of the exercises demonstrated on the videos! Rooms are reasonable in price, and with the exception of the hostess in the breakfast area, the staff are friendly. There are plenty of places to eat nearby as well.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent 4 nights at Even hotel for a quick road trip to Washington DC. We love the fact that it's right across the street from the Metro station. The room is a bit small but clean. No free breakfast was a draw back. I like the lemon water at the lobby. We requested for a coffee machine and was able to get one in our room. It takes about 30 mins ride on the Metro red line to get to down town DC, but it's way better than finding a parking spot down there.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear mokalam,
Thanks so much for the opportunity to host you for 4 nights this past week! It is so much fun when we have more time to get to know our guests and show them what we’re all about.
As I always state to our guests, you really are part of our EVEN Hotels family, so I really hope your last 4 nights stay ends up being many more 4 night stays (or more!) in the future.
Be well and thanks again,
Scott

Been to EVEN Hotel Rockville? Share your experiences!