“Nice place. Very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Rockville, Maryland
“Nice place. Very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very welcoming hotel. Comfortable, cozy rooms.
I've had several interactions with James at the front desk who is very friendly and engaging, also informative about the surrounding area, with great suggestions.
The bar staff over the past few days, Christina and Delick, have been incredibly nice, easy to talk to, and pour a great drink. Treat them well, they deserve it!

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 3rd and 7th floors. Both sides of the hotel. Both were quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
East Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The concept of EVEN Hotel is awesome. You can exercise in your room or in the state of the art exercise room. Also, there are exercise videos. The rooms are maintained well but here was the problem the date I arrived.

I was told by the front desk that I had to wait until 3:00 PM. I arrived at 2:50 PM. I waited 10 minutes and went back to the front desk and asked for my room. I learned the truth shortly thereafter. The cleaning crew was way behind schedule and people were waiting for rooms since 11:30 AM. We got our room approximately 30 minutes later. There were several people arriving later that were waiting for their room. The front desk manager attempted to get the cleaning crew to get the rooms done as quickly as possible but people were stranded in the front of the hotel.

The following morning we had breakfast at the hotel which was very good but one of the juice machines was not working.

I would return to this hotel again despite these issues. I believe that they just need to get these issues resolved. Also, what would have made people waiting be more patient if the hotel offered something while waiting. Unfortunately, they did not.

It was a pleasant stay minus the issues and the design of the hotel I liked.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Wayne C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review and for giving us some kudos on our concept.
As for your arrival, my apologies for not being at the Wellcome Island at that time, because I am notorious for offering coffee, tea, soda or cocktails if there is even the slightest wait. Actually, I’m also surprised, because this is pretty common for us to do as a “just because” as part of your arrival.
All in all, so glad to hear you’ll be back with us again - and we will make sure we hit the 3pm check-in my friend!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The other reviews talk about hotel theme, wellness, design etc.

No doubt that is true.

The staff is quite friendly and seem very proud to be involved with an emerging urban hotel concept

The location is near a wide selection of stores and restaurants which makes it convenient also

The metro is two blocks away to whisk you to central DC at about 6 dollars per trip as opposed to uber at 30 or taxis at 30+ each way

The exercise videos are there to help out. You can buy the hotel branded videos for 150 dollars or the price of one night.

I actually recommend going to the hotel app at IHG and you can access them free. Whether you stay or not. A nice inducement to help you opt in for your first EVEN stay and you will then return.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 1 night on a recent business trip. WOW...great hotel! Very clean, comfortable bed, staff was friendly. The room had great options for working out - yoga mat and blocks, exercise ball, workout bands, and several channels of workouts to follow along with. My only complaint, I called to get more towels and they never arrived - they recently opened, so I'm guessing growing pains?...I just called back downstairs and I went to get them, to make up for my inconvenience I received complimentary drink coupons. The restaurant/shop is great - although I didn't get anything but coffee in the morning, the drinks and food looked good! Flavored water by the check-in area. I will definitely stay again!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

As many reviewers have noted, EVEN tries to focus on healthy lifestyles, including exercise videos on the tv, some equipment in the room (bands and Bosu ball) and healthy options in the small restaurant. Very clean and new feeling, but my room was small enough that I couldn't do many of the exercises demonstrated on the videos! Rooms are reasonable in price, and with the exception of the hostess in the breakfast area, the staff are friendly. There are plenty of places to eat nearby as well.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent 4 nights at Even hotel for a quick road trip to Washington DC. We love the fact that it's right across the street from the Metro station. The room is a bit small but clean. No free breakfast was a draw back. I like the lemon water at the lobby. We requested for a coffee machine and was able to get one in our room. It takes about 30 mins ride on the Metro red line to get to down town DC, but it's way better than finding a parking spot down there.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear mokalam,
Thanks so much for the opportunity to host you for 4 nights this past week! It is so much fun when we have more time to get to know our guests and show them what we’re all about.
As I always state to our guests, you really are part of our EVEN Hotels family, so I really hope your last 4 nights stay ends up being many more 4 night stays (or more!) in the future.
Be well and thanks again,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Enjoy my stay in such a clean and friendly atmosphere.
Metro is very close as well as shops and places to eat.
Rooms were very very clean and the gym was nice and big!
Plenty of outlets and USB to charge all you devices plus your significant other.

I would definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
To one of my new favorite people and good friend, I thank you.
What a fantastic review - Clean, friendly, location, great gym, plenty of connectivity (for you and your significant other)! We can’t thank you enough for sharing this with everyone and making what we do that much more fun and rewarding.
Be well Roxana R and PLEASE come back and stay with us again soon.
Scott

Been to EVEN Hotel Rockville? Share your experiences!