“Great concept with some scope of improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Savings!
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great concept with some scope of improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Fantastic concept. For the first time in a long time I walked into a hotel and was really impressed. I love the entire wellness vibe. The hotel caught me in a middle of great "getting back in shape" phase of my life, and I enjoyed every moment of my stay here. That said, there are some things that can be improved:

1. A coffee maker is badly needed in the room. Come on, do you expect me to go down to the lobby every morning in my PJs? A serious lack of comfort there. No matter how hip and chic your hotel is, a coffee maker is a basic necessity.

2. Provide a bathroom scale in the room. It costs $15 and will greatly elevate the whole "healthy living and kickass workout" vibe. There is one at the gym but in-room will be even better.

3. Soundproofing is very poor. Numerous times through the night I woke up to the noise of neighbors closing their front doors.

4. Personal preference but I like a proper check-in desk (with nice professional attire) that greets guests. Not the hipster "hey why don't you come stand next to me while I punch the keys on my laptop" check-in desk.

5. I didn't like that they put a price lists in various places throughout the room. Quite tacky. It is well understood that if you remove an item from your room, you will get charged. No need to list the prices of items and put that up in the wall. And seriously, who would steal the guest services directory from the room? And you will charge $100 for that?

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend and then returned for another night.
The staff was all very friendly in a good manner not the usual false US manner and it was a pleasure to talk to them.
They are very trendy and make a thing about their in room exercise but not really for me

Well situated opposite the Red line Metro
The room had no drawers or cupboards and the TV was very complicated fr me
Food good for me

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am very late in writing this but....My girls and I had the pleasure of staying here in July of 2014. From the moment we walked in it was fantastic! The staff greeted us with a smile and ready to help in any way. My daughters LOVED the wonderful smell we were greeted with along with the fresh fruit water we were offered at the door. They had a shuttle to the metro so I didn't have to try to walk across busy streets with my girls. Beds were great! I would recommend this hotel to anyone with or without kids. A pool would have been a nice night activity before bed, but this was my only negative.

Margaret

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

No idea how to eat or exercise? No problem. The food menu explains what each item does for the body, the rooms have multiple exercise stations on the TV using the exact same setup they have in the room and a book if video isn't your thing. Prefer personal guidance? Check out the events menu on the TV by the elevators, it tells you when the guru is coaching a class in the most amazing fitness center I have seen in a hotel of its caliber.
Infused water, personal touches, garage parking, shared parking lot with food and REI, etc.
Con: the bathroom door is a sliding door, leaves openings in the ends. Lacking full privacy.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 6 days ago
What a great Headline!
And then to follow it up with another sentence that sums us up so well! “Great for travelers (business or personal) with a sense of wellness but little time and/or the means to accommodate that sense.”
PERFECTO!
nomADventure my friend, thank you for the great review and thank you for getting us 110%.
“Wellcome” to the family,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In my work as a Naturopathic Physician EVEN is exactly the kind of hotel we encourage families to look for! Making it "easy" to travel when achieving your maximum wellness is the goal for you and your family. No longer do you have to dread traveling or disrupt your normal exercise routine. But "EVEN" better you can say good bye to packing & dragging your own specials foods (vegan/ GF/CF ) the have a great menu and snack options. My family is GF/CF was thrilled with choices. I have to mention the quality of the air both in the room and all areas of the hotel I was in, not a single "musty or off gassing" smell. So for those w/ allergies or just sensitive but travel for their work will be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed February 2015
Thank you so very much Debbie M for the incredible comments and insight into our core purpose of keeping travelers on track, especially with regards to their own personal wellness routine.
On another note, thank you so much for the work you do as a Naturopathic Physician, helping so many others with their wellness each day.
From your mention on exercise and the detailed commentary about our nutritional offerings and air quality, not much more can be added for those looking for our experience (other than our out of this world sleep system). And I love your statement about encouraging families to have this experience, because as a father and husband, I couldn’t agree more and would choose our brand at every destination if we could…Hopefully someday soon when we have these hotels everywhere!
Once again Debbie M, you are so appreciated for your review and we can’t wait to welcome you back.
Be well!
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I try to stay here when I travel to the DC/MD area for business. Great hotel with great food. Fresh squeezed orange juice machine is BA and the coffee is top notch. The food is limited but good. Best workout facilities anywhere bar none. Better than your health club at home. Spartan but high quality rooms, which I like. The bad: Ok I am not a snob but I stay at IHG properties a lot (4 months/year) and I am a platinum member I have to ask to be upgraded here which makes me feel like a dork. They always upgrade me but having to ask is lame as hell it is supposed to be offered, the use of technology that seems to get in the way of the staff. It seems like they are trying to show how they can use tech here but poor execution. I am not normally one to complain about staff from around the world as my family is from other countries but there seems to be a language barrier with some of the staff. I had to speak french with the front desk man to get what I needed. Parking is a joke. It is on the 5th floor of a parking ramp in another building. So you check in, drive across the parking lot, drive up 5 floors, walk through the ramp take an elevator down 5 floors, walk across the parking lot.... you get the picture its like 10 min to get from your car to your room after you check in but it is a good warm up for your work out.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear awesome guest who took the time to write a great review that not only points out some really incredible points of our property, but also the opportunities. For the candid feedback and keeping it real I offer you a high five my friend.
As an IHG Rewards Platinum Member choosing our property and other IHG properties for your time away on the road, thank you! And let me tell you, part of our incredible IHG Rewards program or not, 4 months out of the year on the road, YOU DESERVE the upgrade for goodness sake! I super-commuted for about one year and I once again offer you a high five and a heart-felt understanding as a fellow road warrior. In summary, it is I, my dear Platinum Member and valued EVEN Hotels guest, that is a dork, for any of us letting you ask for the upgrade you are meant to be offered.
In regards to technology, we have so many unique (guest and staff alike) offers around the property that are meant to enhance and empower the experience, so I apologize that it seemed to be in the way vs. intended desire! When you’re with us again, let me buy you a beverage of choice and let’s discuss in more detail so I can keep looking into specific areas and address.
Good news, great parking garage right next to the hotel for the use of our guests. Bad news, great parking garage that is right next to the hotel for the use of our guests. It is a fine line as we tried to secure the best available options that provided covered, committed, close proximity parking for our guests, but the fact is that it is still not in the same building, but adjacent to ours. If I could push our two buildings together I would, so I totally understand your feedback (and love that you consider it a good warm up to your work out)!
At the end of the day, the best part is that you love us and try to always stay with us when in the area. We are honored by your loyalty and look forward to a very long, happy relationship together! So like any good relationship, communication is key – so thanks for yours minnesot.
Be well and see you soon,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The rooms are small, but clean and bright. Plus, the yoga mat and various workout options are an added bonus. The gym had great machines and great music to get you motivated. My bed was super comfortable - I didn't want to leave. I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
To our lovely, wonderful CuteJen788,
Thank you for the great review and high recommendation to all the other travelers looking for the EVEN Hotels experience when on the road.
A best in class, motivating athletic studio and a bed you don’t want to get out of…Two of my favorite things for sure!
Please come back soon - and look forward to seeing you later this year in our first New York property, the EVEN Hotel Times Square South in the heart of the Garment District!
Be well!
Scott

Been to EVEN Hotel Rockville? Share your experiences!