“New kind of hotel but they missed space for cloth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Savings!
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“New kind of hotel but they missed space for cloth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel before it was renamed and renovated and again this time.
The renovation has improved the room a lot especially the bathrooms. The idea with the workout equipment in the room is innovative and definitely different from other hotels.
The only thing they forgot during the renovation of the rooms is that guests will bring luggage and cloth with them when they stay. There is absolutely no storage in the room, no chest, no drawers, just a small closet which during winter season will only fit your overcoats.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Wishing you a very big thank you for taking the time to share your experience Micha1610!
We are so glad you like the amazing transformation the hotel has gone through (100% changed from ground to roof and everything in between) and even more thrilled you think our hotel is innovative and different! We are really carving out a desperately needed destination for all those travelers out there seeking a better balanced stay.
For your comments on additional storage for items, specifically clothing, we have really paid close attention to this feedback and are taking it to heart with every enhanced design discussion…So you have been heard my friend!
Thanks again and can’t wait to welcome you back.
Be well Micha1610,
Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are a road warrior, three of your things you wish you could do better when traveling are: 1) Eat better; 2) Sleep better; and 3) Stay in shape. Well, it appears that the EVEN brand has taken this to heart in that the entire experience at this hotel is geared toward wellness in a manner that is highly customizable.

First, the eat better. All three meals are served at appropriate hours and all have healthy and tasty options to them. The breakfast I had included many options, with highly customized options for either yogurt or cereal. Second, the sleep better. I travel a lot and this bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Incredible sheets and pillows and given the cold and snowy morning I woke up to, it was difficult getting out of bed. However, that leads to the Stay in Shape element, which is by far the most unique offering I have ever seen from a hotel.

The gym in this hotel will likely put your neighborhood gym to shame. Absolute state-of-the-art machines, equipment and ample space to exercise. This is not the spare room where they cram a 10-year old treadmill and a few free weights. If you prefer not to exercise in a public area, going into your room highlights how serious EVEN is about fitness. In your room and in place of the random chair in the corner are exercise bands, exercise balls, yoga mats and blocks and under you in a cork floor on which you can exercise. You can then turn on the TV to one of 10-15 channels, each features a workout that you can do with the equipment in your room. What's better is that these workouts are not 60-90 minutes long, most are as short as 10 minutes with a timer featured right on the screen as you exercise!!!

This is in ideal hotel if you are traveling on business to Rockville or Bethesda area. Be advised it will take you about 45 minutes with traffic to drive into downtown DC. Parking available for a fee in a garage next door to the hotel.

So well done and can only hope that more EVENs open across the States!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
LiftDOSLift, Director of Sales at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear nycflyer-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and provide us with such valuable feedback.

Chloe, Eat Well Director and I, Accomplish More Director enjoyed meeting you in the lobby prior to your morning departure. I do hope that your wife and accompaning travelers truly enjoyed the EVEN experience as well.

We are dedicated to keeping you on track while you travels and providing you the tools to Keep Active, Rest Easy, Eat Well and Accomplish More during your time with us. We are thrilled to hear that we met and exceeded your expections in all areas.

We certainly wish you safe travels and look forward to your next stay with us.

Travel Well!
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel was beautiful and staff were very friendly and helpful. Even though im not a health nut and still ordered chinese to my room one night and they still didnt treat me different lol. I choose the hotel cuz I was tired of these other ugly hotels and this one looked differnt and cool and it was. I loved everything about and even did some of the yoga they have on tv which was fun. The hotel is just a block away from the metro which was great for us cuz we were touring dc. Will definitally be going back to this hotel!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First off, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write such a great review cayla h. Second, thank you for saying we are friendly, helpful, different and cool (takes one to know one I always say!).
And finally, the VERY BEST part of this message is your promise to return. We’ll even chip in on a little of that fantastic Chinese take-out if you promise to share.
Be well Cayla h!
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the EVEN Hotel in Rockville during a recent business trip and was extremely pleased with the experience. The hotel is recently renovated and unlike any hotel I've ever visited. They have a huge focus on fitness, with a large workout room on the main floor and workout space and equipment in each room. A yoga mat, foam roller, exercise ball, resistance bands along with probably 20-30 short workout videos on demand make this a great concept. The hotel itself reminds me of a combination of a European hostel and IKEA. The rooms are simple, but efficient and clean. The bed is one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel, pillows too! There are plenty of dining and shopping options within walking distance as well as a Metro stop just across the street.

I could see how some people may not enjoy the simple, plain feel to the rooms, but the concept is great and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay near Rockville.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much travelohio22!
It is always so cool when we hear feedback like yours that lead in with “I wish there were more of these around“, move into “unlike any hotel I’ve ever visited” and finally, end with “I would recommend this hotel to anyone”. How sweet it is my friend that our hotel met your travel plans…Sounds like a perfect long distance relationship to me, so just make sure you spend time with us again very soon!
Be well!
New Carrollton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love the concept of Even, it reminds me of the Aloft hotels, but a kicked up, more modern version. I loved the hotel from the ride up. It's location is perfect, on a major strip, close to tons of restaurants and shopping. The room is simply amazing, everything was spotless! The bed was so darn comfortable that me and my husband stayed in bed until 1 pm just laying and watching tv. The Phillips mood lighting didn't help either lol. The workout equipment was high end yoga, stretching and an excercise ball and the floor is actually cork in the work out portion of the room and many channels to suit your exercise needs! The bathroom was stunning I loved the sliding glass door with the inspirational quote and I fell in love with the stocked shower gels, shampoo and conditioner and I found the website (eoproducts.com) and will be ordering them all. I didn't get a chance to visit the on site restaurant, Cork and Kale but I did check it out while I was checking out and it was very nice, the lounge area offered a variety of reading materials, magazines, newspapers and table books. I will definitely be visiting this area on my next visit, there will be many more visits to the area and especially this hotel!!! I didn't get the chance to visit the gym or flex room but walked by both and liked what I saw, the only thing missing was a pool. There is also on site laundry. The front desk personnel was very welcoming, as I was checking out I found out that there are more a Even hotels due to open and being planned. One thing that I found peculiar but also in keeping with the name, all room numbers are even, I thought that was so cute!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear wonderful, amazing, totally-gets-us-kind of-guest, Ronette A,
Thanks a million for taking the time to write this incredible review. There are so many great touch points and comments you share for other to see, that I honestly could not have written it better myself.
Next time, make sure you come enjoy our Cork and Kale offerings, try out the best in class Athletic Studio and Flex Room (Ping Pong anyone?) – AND THEN STAY IN BED UNTIL 2PM! It’s all about keeping you on track, which means serious relaxation as well.
As you know, you’re part of the EVEN Hotels family now Ronnette A, so we can’t wait to see you again.
Be well!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love the concept of Even. Traveling for work often, I've seen all tons of hotels. What I loved most about this one was it had all the conveniences and comfort a business traveler needs PLUS everything I needed to keep some type of work out routine on the road. Yoga mats, blocks, bands, workout videos, etc etc. Love having a gym in my room! Definitely recommend

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
LiftDOSLift, Director of Sales at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear LK1717-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us! We loved having you stay with us and look forward to your return.

Travel well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

Good hotel with friendly staff. The menu and exercise options were a definite plus, making it easy for me to eat healthy and exercise whilst visiting for business. Apparently I need to use more words to say all this (done)!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Markcanary-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel, staff and exercise options. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Travel Well.

Been to EVEN Hotel Rockville? Share your experiences!