“Healthy work travel stop” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Savings!
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
“Healthy work travel stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Good hotel with friendly staff. The menu and exercise options were a definite plus, making it easy for me to eat healthy and exercise whilst visiting for business. Apparently I need to use more words to say all this (done)!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rockville is not DC, this is clear. Still, I would evaluate my options staying here or in town. We had a friendly reception, the room is fun with white-boards, lighting options, cork floor in the sport area (each room has a sport area!) yoga mat & exercise channel.
The restaurant/snack bar has healthy fare & a relaxed environment (try finding kale chips at a motel vending machine)
Instead of having a bottle of mineral water in the room, we were greeted by a reusable sports bottle (to keep) & the instructions that there is a filtered water dispenser on every other floor. A much more environmentally friendly option than importing water from distant corners of the earth.
I love the dining options on the Rockville Pike, and there are many dining options outside of the hotel. The area is known for Asian food and there are very good Sicuan places close by.
While Rockville is not my main destination, I would love to make this my go-to hotel when I visit the DC area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for the wonderful review!
And as obvious as it is, just so you know, we would LOVE to have you make us your go-to hotel when you visit the DC area bethie227! We miss you already.
Sometimes I feel like hotels don’t tell their guests how missed, important and special they truly are…And not just from a business standpoint. Because yes, taking care of guests is our business, but it really goes so much deeper than that when you have a hotel that genuinely cares about your well-being and happiness. I do, and I know we all do here at EVEN Hotels.
Come back soon and keep talking us up to your friends and family so we can take care of them as well!
Take care of yourself bethie227,
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Keeping up with an exercise program when traveling can be quite a challenge but the EVEN hotel makes it easy. When you walk into your room there is an area covered with laminate that is equipped with isometric bands, a stability ball, a yoga mat and some yoga props (and sanitizing wipes!). The room decor is very "IKEA" like - nothing fancy, but very clean and functional. Nice locations for outlets and USB charging stations.

The good stuff:
*friendly staff
*updated interior (modern, earth tone colors)
*comfy mattress
*very clean room and quiet
*free wi fi
*workout space/equipment in the room - including a free water bottle
*good, short video workouts on the TV in the room (yoga, resistance training, indoor cycling)
*excellent hotel gym - good size, nice equipment
*REI is right next door there are a variety of other shops and restaurants within walking distance
*room has a mini fridge and there is a nice grocery store across the parking lot so I was able to stick to my normal eating routine

The (not so) bad stuff:
*no coffee in the room (but the paid coffee service in the lobby area is awesome)

Unknown to me:
* restaurant

I come to Rockville for work on a regular basis and usually stay at the Hilton across the street. No more!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Boy do you hit the wellness nail on the head when you say that keeping up with an exercise program when traveling can be quite a challenge! In fact, keeping up with any healthy routine, from nutrition to sleep, is easily lost when away from home. So thanks for getting us.
Now to address your “good stuff”:
Thank you, thank you and thank you again!
Now to address your “(not so) bad stuff” (of only one item thank you):
Although not the norm because we do have awesome coffee available in our Cork N Kale marketplace, for you, I can arrange for a coffee maker to be in your room next time, so just let us know when you check in (this is for being personally awesome).
Finally, your comment about never staying at the “other hotel” across the street now that you have experienced us…PRICELESS!
Your Chief Wellness Officer – otherwise known as the man who helped you get the spin video on in the Flex Room that one early morning!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Like I said above these guys are outstanding and if they don't iate recognition I want to talk to someone in management. These guys are great. I could go on because they were so great but I'm tired now so I need to go to sleep.

• Stayed December 2014
Okay, Okay Steveroy19!
I will MAKE SURE that I recognize Sam and Christina Friday for being awesome. And yes, I couldn’t agree with you more.
In fact, for those of you reading this on Tripadvisor, come check in with Sam at the "Well"come Island and let Friday make you a signature cocktail so you too can enjoy their UNDENIABLE AWESOMENESS.
Thanks again Steveroy19!
Your Chief Wellness Officer and hirer of Awesome Team Members
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all the Property is absolutely beautiful and very well-maintained.

I was a little caught off guard when I first walked in and noticed that every aspect of a hotel
Has been broken,

There is no front desk to speak of.
It was like being checked into the Apple store more than a hotel.
The hotel is very trendy, every aspect of the architecture is modeled after being from a renewable source or a recycled material.

This type of Hotel truly caters to the health-conscious person.
In the room there is a plethora of yoga equipment. Complete with a tub of Clorox sanitizing wipes.
There is also a high quality jump rope and a isometric resistance band.
Otherwise the room is very Spartan but very well thought out.
There are plenty of outlets to plug-in your devices including many USB power ports.
The room is very well lit there is no shortage of light sources.
There's even a Phillips led mood light that can be set to any color and any intensity you wish.

I also like the fact that every other floor has a filtered water and ice station.(I was on sixth floor and the station on my floor the filter needed to be replaced. I did let the staff know.)

The room I had what is most definitely one of the cleanest rooms I've ever had to date!
Not a single piece of furniture has any signs of wear on it whatsoever.

Going back to the Spartan description of this room the only decoration in the room is a small square glass vessel that has a terrarium of different mosses. There're no pictures on the walls or any other decorations. The actual definition of hypoallergenic.

Walking through the hallways doesn't give the sense of being in a hotel it gives more of a sentence of being in a high-end gym.

So there's very little to make it feel at home at least for the average person.

The "Restaurant" in the hotel that is called the Cork and Kayle is more like a high-end Health food fast food truck.
Do not get me wrong, The food I ordered from there was very good.

The only thing that I really didn't like was the doors on the rooms did not have any kind of mechanism to prevent the doors from slamming. Also the doors have a very large gap at the bottom that allows all noises from the hallway to be heard in the room.
The only clue that this is not a 100% new property is the elevator, you can tell that the original controls are at least 15 years old. But still perfectly functional. With that being said I really would've light to a seen that the elevator could only be operated with a room key for security reasons,

I also love the fact that the business center is 100% Mac. But that might put off the Windows side of The clientele. During my stay I didn't see a single person using any of the computers.

Overall I have got to say this is the most trendiest Hotels I have ever been in.

Surprisingly this also has been the quietest room I've had with outside noise and noise from other patrons in the rooms above and beside me. Big bonus points for that!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
What a wonderful thing it is to be us, having the chance to share our unique Hotel brand with you, showing you how and why we help keep you and our other guests on track …And then having you take the time to write this amazing review! Another perfect example of paying it forward Wellness style! Of course, the last thing to close this loop would be to come stay again (hint, hint).
Your observations from arrival to departure are so fun and descriptive, even those that are constructive criticism regarding hallways doors and our elevator panel controls (oh how we can’t wait to remove the last bit of bronze from the property! It is kind of ironic though, so thanks for noticing).
We truly can’t wait for you to come back KG4MXV, or as we will refer to you, “Awesome Guest from NC”, so please hurry up.
Be well!
SCott
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here given its proximity to my client's location. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel amenities, especially when it came to the gym and exercise equipment in the room. You really have no excuse NOT to workout! Additionally, their General Manager is the "Chief Wellness Officer". He leads folks on runs around the hotel in the mornings and also has 6 exercise bikes for a Spin class one night a week. In the room, there is everything you need to do a little yoga or strength training. There are trainer-led videos available on the TV in your room to show you how to use the equipment.

I have a few comments about the rooms. They are very sparse. In order to make room for the exercise area, there really isn't much furniture in the room other than the bed and a desk with office chair. There is no drawer space and only a small wardrobe to hang clothes. It didn't make me want to spend any extra time in my room because I found it hard to relax. I definitely would not stay here for pleasure with my spouse as there is nowhere for two people to sit. That is my only negative about the place.

The hotel is very centrally located and no more than two blocks from the Metro stop. They have a shuttle and will take you to the Metro or a location within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. There is a great shopping center just next door with shopping, a gourmet grocery store, and several dining options.

I would definitely stay here again the next time I visit for work. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
A very sincere and healthy-heart felt thank you for the fantastic feedback!
I couldn’t agree more about our convenient, active location and that we make sure you have no excuse to not get a little physical activity in while here. So again, thank you so much for loving us and giving us our 5 Stars!
Additionally, your points are very well taken about the design of the rooms and how it can be very different from your typical guestroom appointments and amenities package. Believe me when I say we continue to take all feedback and consideration of our guests into account as we fine tune (still staying true to our straightforward, modern intent).
As the Chief Wellness Officer, I urge you to come back and let us help show you the “relax”, or Rest Easy, part again, as I feel that was the only thing keeping us from a 6 star rating on Tripadvisor (which I just made up, but fun to consider).
Be well,
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed in this hotel for years based on price and location. Over the years, it has been remade several times. The latest renovation has turned it into a "wellness hotel." The rooms and common spaces are light and clean. The beds are comfortable and every room is outfitted with exercise equipment: yoga mat, block, roller, exercise ball, and rack with exercise bands. The first dozen (or so) channels are exercise videos on a loop (10 minute workout, 15 minute pilates, yoga, etc.) using the equipment in the room. The lobby has flavored water dispensers and there is a well-appointed gym and ping-pong room. For those who are really serious, there are organized events like morning runs. The cafe has a decent selection of grab-and-go as well as some quite tasty food options with the obligatory selection of additions (goji berries, chia seeds, etc.). The location is fine - on Rockville Pike next to REI and across the road from the Twinbrook Metro (Red Line). The only complaint my wife had is the sliding glass door for the bathroom, instead of a regular locking wood door.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
A very big thank you to you and your family for staying with us, giving us the chance to share our unique hotel experience - and for providing such a great review to share out to our team and the Tripadvisor reader!
Your details, descriptions and great lead title, “Wellness Hotel”, are right on with what we are looking to provide, which is having a place away from home that can keep them on track and in control of their healthy, balanced routines. And I’m sure you will agree, this is BIG DEAL to millions of us on the road that have not had any options until now.
On to the comment about our frosted glass sliding door as bathroom separation, we take your point to heart and make sure all design elements are reviewed and noted as we continue to develop out our unique offering. The desire to create a spa-like bathroom experience is certainly thinking out of the typical hotel box!
Once again Eddie S, we can’t thank you enough for the great review and hope to see you again soon!
Your Chief Wellness Officer,
Scott

Been to EVEN Hotel Rockville? Share your experiences!