“Frequent business traveler's DREAM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

Save Saved
You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Savings!
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Nanuet, New York
“Frequent business traveler's DREAM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at EVEN in Rockville on a family weekend visit to DC, but I kept wishing I could stumble across hotels like this on EVERY business trip! Spotless, comfortable beds, health-conscious but really simple, tasty food (with vegetarian options - hurray!), an incredible fitness center. Very Euro-feel to the decor. The in-room fitness corner was a fun bonus, and little touches like the infused water and self-serve beverage/market check-out were wonderful. Every staff member was warm, friendly, knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. Please, IHG: open up more EVEN properties across the U.S.!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Shannon P, or as I will now refer to you, THE PERFECT GUEST!
This is why I love my job so much! Each day I wake up to come to a place where the staff, and our company, is truly a team that cares about each other and our guests, a place that answers the need for so many travelers wanting a better, balanced stay…and guests just like you that become a part of our family. And yes, Shannon P, our PERFECT GUEST, because of you and all of our other supporters (some that don’t even know what they’re missing yet!), we are planning on opening more (and more) EVEN Hotels so we can keep enabling wellness in travel for all!
Thank you so much for this incredible review and make sure you find me when you come back so I can tell you again in person.
Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mendon, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First time at this brand, very much liked the idea and the look of the hotel. My room was very comfortable and I really liked the food options the hotel offered. A really nice change from all the other brands out there.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Roger H,
Thanks for the great message on your time with us and LOVE that you found us a really nice change from all the other brands out there! Short, sweet and spot-on review my friend!
The only other thing I can say is hurry back.
Be well my friend!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For me, when traveling, it is difficult as to when I will get a work out in or what kind of foods will be available...From the amazing gym to the workout equipment in the room, I definitely didn't miss a workout. All the fitness talk aside, the hotel and room was beautiful and very relaxing. I was traveling for work so didn't have a lot of time but would have loved to have spent more time there. That is a rare occurrence when I travel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you angel b!
Your comments about how difficult it is to eat well, keep active and then relax (rest easy) when needed – basically just stay on track when on the road – is so true for so many (including me personally). So we are honored and excited that we could provide the answer to better balance and wellness for you this past trip!
Thank you again for your support and feedback on your experience and please come back soon! PS angel b, keep us posted on where your travels take you so we can build more EVEN Hotels for you!
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As the Executive Asst for our company I deal with hotels A LOT! None of the local Rockville area hotels can compete with the EVEN.

Partnering with EVEN hotel In Rockville helps us extend our corporate mission of wellness; improvement of the quality of life for the patients we treat by providing patient centered care, delighting our customers; and providing accessible care when and where our patients need it to our employees who come to corporate for training or out of town vendors, and other varied visitors. The EVEN hotel consistently offer the employees I book there, the ability to have a bit of tranquility from the moment the arrive in the lobby, while allowing them to keep fit and stay healthy on the road.
But most important to me and what really means the most to the guests is the personal touches and experiences the staff at the EVEN hotel in Rockville have created for our guests. They take the time get to know our guests, and even go as far as to upgrade a guest to a suite for his birthday and have a signed birthday card for him. It is truly a pleasure to work with a team of individuals focused on not only inspiring wellness and developing a business relationship but nurturing a personal relationship as well.

Some quotes from staff who have stayed

FYI – the Even hotel is amazing!!!! Thanks.

Booking you a room at the EVEN for that meeting,
Sounds great I love that hotel!

All,
Rita and I personally stayed at this property during a recent business trip to MD. I highly recommend this hotel. The concept and comfort far exceeded my expectations. The staff was friendly and attentive. The idea of incorporating wellness, good nutrition and relaxation into our very busy schedules was refreshing and welcomed!

The new hotel you found is great, I no longer dread having to come to meetings at corporate because I get to stay there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Elizabeth M,
There are so many reasons to say thank you for this review. But I need to start with a heartfelt thank you for your inspiring partnership, support and energy you and your colleagues bring to our property and staff – and me personally – each and every day.
Our hotel brand was designed with the mission of enabling wellness in travel, not for a particular type of guest, company or organization, but for EVERYONE. So when you find a an individual that passionately looks to do this for everyone in their company (and beyond), and the company looks to enable and provide wellness and a better quality of life for their customers and staff...Pure Magic. If every person and organization lived by this standard, the world would certainly be a better place.
Thank you to you and all that you do. You make us a better property and we’re honored and inspired with every stay.
Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is not suitable for a long stay of a couple of guests. Although we booked it for a couple, only one chair in the room was provided. Only a small closet was in the room, without any shelf or drawer.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide your quick feedback. As we continue to grow our new hotel brand, every review is so important to us.
Our design intent was to always provide the desired space to spread out and take advantage of our in-room fitness area and creative, do-it-on-your-own-terms workspaces (moveable desk, rolling ergonomic chair, standing desk with smart TV connectivity ports - and my favorite, the angled, bolstered headboard so you can connect up and work from our incredibly comfortable bed), while eliminating the typically unused heavy furniture that ends up collecting stray clothes or suitcases. And while this design has been well received, including many families and long stay guests, we truly appreciate your comments and respect that every traveler has many different needs during their stay.
Hopefully we will have the chance to host you again and showcase all of our other amazing offerings throughout our property.
Be well, and thanks again 895ehudk,
Jerusalem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The EVEN Hotel in Rockville is a renovated building with a new concept for hotel facilities.
I could mention the advantages and disadvantages of the place.
The advantage of the location that is very good, near the Metro station that allows you to get to Washington DC easily. Also the Ride On buses are near by, to several areas of Rockville. Located at Congressional Plaza there are eating places near by.
The Hotel itself is different of any hotel encountered.
It is very modern and clean, but it is not comfortable for a couple spending several days at the place:
It has a very small closet, there are not any type of drawers or shelves, so you have to use your suitcase instead that you will have to keep on the floor. There is only one chair, so the other person have to sit or lay down at the bed.We had to ask the manager to get another chair. There are not making coffee or tea facilities. There us a small refrigerator.
The room has enough space but is devoted only for people interested in fitness and workout.
If you are not such a type of person it looks as a waste of space.
Thus this is a kind of hotel adequate for business people, that has to be in the area for a very short time and is interested in keeping doing gym.
The staff was nice and helped in what they could.
I do not think I would like to come again for more than 2 days.

Room Tip: We had a room far from the elevator and not on the street side on the higher floor
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Good day Stone Jerusalem!
Thanks so much for the great review that touches on our helpful staff, great location and one of my favorite comments, “The Hotel is different of any other hotel encountered”.
Every review posted for Tripadvisor readers is so important because it addresses so many necessary questions like the above (service, location, overall experience) – and the honesty of the reviewer to comment when the hotel was not always 100% perfect in every respect of their stay.
Personally, I am so happy we took care of you and that your overall experience was a good one, but sincerely apologize that our accommodations left you wanting more traditional items and storage space during this past visit.
It is my hope that we have the chance to get you back with us again soon – even if I have to physically carry a couple more chairs and a coatrack up to your room myself.
Be well and thanks again!
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

EVEN hotels are a brand new brand from IHG that delivers on all of the quality and service from the hotel group.

The rooms are modern and clean. Some innovative ideas include a recessed area for the TV and a whiteboard right nearby. All of the décor is up-to-date and it fits. The rooms are open as the exercise area adds some extra space.

The hotel is within walking distance to the Twinbrook metro station which is about a 30 minute ride into downtown Washington DC. Parking is in an adjacent garage, which is somewhat convenient. There are also several shops and restaurants right around the area, as well.

The staff are extremely friendly and courteous. The front desk is a different set-up from most hotels which is a nice surprise.

At the end of the day, it’s a great experience in a great area of Rockville. I recommend this spot if you are planning on heading to DC via Metro or checking out things in the Rockville area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
So many reasons to say thank you, but let me hit the top 4!
1. For staying with us and giving us the opportunity to get to know you!
2. Taking the time to share your experience with others on Tripadvisor (which we value so much as we build out our incredible brand)
3. Your beautifully specific mentions of quality delivery and service, modern and clean rooms, innovative ideas, great location and easy accessibility into downtown DC, friendly and courteous staff, nice surprises and a great overall experience
4. Items #1 through #3 again to keep it EVEN
A very sincere thanks again for everything and we really look forward to having you back with us (soon). Remember, once you're part of the EVEN Hotels family, you have to stay connected!
Scott

Been to EVEN Hotel Rockville? Share your experiences!