“Will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
right here, right now
“Will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Love the hotel, the wellness theme, and the comfort- the attention to detail and caring staff make it a true wellness retreat. Glory was amazing, jay made me feel at home, and for this I will be back! its a great home away from home

Room Tip: any room is great, its the overall experience that will WOW
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for the short, sweet and ABSOLUTELY PERFECT review Christina0630! This message will be so fun and inspiring to relay and post up for all of our staff to see (especially Glory and Jay).
We can’t wait to have you back at your “home away from home”!
Be Well,
Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stayed here for a 2 nights stay on rewards point.

The hotel is focused on wellness and has everything you need for work-outs, etc...

Lots of organics and healthy food available in lobby area.

Huge GYM and also the room are equipped with a mini gym area that has everything you need for your daily routine.

Fridge are also included in the room and TV has 16 channels for every type of workout you can do with the in room equipment.

Washroom stylish and room very welcoming.

They even have a mood colour light to adjust to your needs, pretty cool.

Parking is 8$ a day and Metrorail just a block away down a gentle hill but they offer free shuttle to it and other area within 3-5 miles radius.

Restaurants, staying at this Even (Wellness) hotel, you kind of feel bad asking for restaurants but there are a few just south, 5 minutes walk including a awesome diner, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday's and a pancake house plus local food places. I found no other restaurants besides taht or further from the hotel so these are your choices or the healthy alternative they offer in hotel and they have place to sit.

Jack, the lobby/front desk person, was awesome in everything, he has great people skills and is very nice, will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one. Also has a great sence of humour.

The hotel is accesible, you don't need to be active to stay here but offers anything needed to stay active if desired.

I will go back when in the area again.

Room Tip: The hotel is located sideways to the Rockville Pike so any room is good.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Luke S, what a great review! And before I dig into my response, thanks for being an IHG Rewards Member and selecting us to use your points! Our IHG Rewards Members will be a big part in our success as we continue to grow our brand!
You provided some really great information (glad you thought the mood light was cool!) and even took the time to call out one of our incredible team members, Jack, who is literally one of the best I have had the chance to work with and we are so lucky to have him. I’ll be sure he knows he was recognized!
It was really refreshing to have you state something so important for the readers on Tripadvisor, that you “don’t need to be active to stay here”, as we are all about balance and wellness when traveling, and that means so many different things to different people – and by travel purpose! Plus, you also calling out some of our surrounding restaurants (and even reviewing them!) was very important, because our active setting full of fun shops and diverse dining option is also a big feature for our guests to explore.
Once again, thanks so much for the review and glad to hear you will be back with us again next time! We’ll be ready and waiting.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This place is quite interesting. It focuses on 20-40 year olds (perhaps) who travel a lot, but are irritated by having to interrupt their exercise routine. Thus, it is quirky, and for us, not so family friendly. But we were happy to stay there: it is inspiring (I contacted a personal trainer back home when I stayed there), it has great service, is cheaper than some alternatives, is new and clean, and has a great location next to the metro (five minute walk to Twinbrook).

I can't say enough about the service. Everyone there is gung-ho and friendly. It is a less expensive hotel - don't expect a lot of perks. But people are friendly, and ready to help. For us, it was good value for a great location.

The exercise elements are interesting. For us - with two little kids - it wasn't so necessary. You turn on the TV (and they have a lot of channels, including disney), and you are immediately wished to the most encouraging exercise program available. They have several dozen 10 minute workouts for different goals and parts of your body. Pretty cool, if you're into that kind of thing.

The room was clean, and the cleaner was great.

Another nice touch: incanted water downstairs. They have three choices of water incanted with fruit, as well as ice water.

The downsides: no dresser (you can hang up your clothes in the closet, but it has no drawers)? no way to heat water (but hot water is free downstairs)? And the food is always healthy - that should be an upside, but with kids who like mac and cheese - maybe not so much.

But I really enjoyed it. And staying at more expensive places where you pay for stuff you don't use, they charge for freakin' wifi (the even gives it for free), and the service is usually not half as friendly - I give it a very enthusiastic endorsement.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and comfortable. Might want to be on the parking lot side, but we had no problem...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thanks so much for the great review and good information for Tripadvisor readers! It is so appreciated to see all of your comments that touch on so many things, from our convenient metro location, staff service, cleanliness and exercise programming to the free wifi and our incanted/infused water offerings!
But I have to say, the one thing I really want to call out from your message that makes me want to shout from our rooftop for joy is that you were INSPIRED! That right there is exactly why I love this brand so much as it hopefully not only helps to keep our travelers (and employees) on track, but actually inspires them to continue (or in some cases, start) on their wellness journey!
Hopefully your travels bring you back to us soon, but until then, please keep me/us posted on how your journey progresses!
Your Inspired Chief Wellness Officer
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The room is split between a living/sleeping area and a mini-gym or workout area (no machines). Do not expect a suitcase rack, a hanging closet that is beyond 2 feet wide, a dresser, a sofa or love seat, or a coffee/hot water maker. We used the workout floor to spread some clothes, and got coffee maker for hot water, to avoid dressing up and running down (and pay) for some coffee or tea. There is no room service either. And, do not expect an American breakfast. Yes, the place is clean, nice, and the service is good. The missing room amenities are the problem.
So, if you come for a workout in your room, you may wish to stay there. If you come for a comfortable standard hotel stay for more than 1-2 days, you may wish to consider going elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
A very sincere thank you for taking the time and energy to not only write this review, but to spend time sharing your thoughts with the staff and I here at the property over the past several weeks of your stay. Your energy and candor over that time certainly made you part of our family, so although we may not have been the perfect match for your long-term stay needs, we truly enjoyed sharing our hotel and hospitality.
At EVEN Hotels we took every effort and care to really discover - and then really deliver– the right experience for those seeking better balance and wellness when travelling. And from these discoveries and discussions with customers, many of the learnings called for some very unique and not-so-traditional design elements and amenities that you would not find in a typical, or ”standard” hotel. So, as you and I talked about during your stay, we were so glad you were happy with so many things about our hotel, but certainly understanding of your desire to have additional, more traditional items as part of your accommodations.
Thanks again for being with us and providing us with your thoughts and suggestions. We/I sincerely hope we have the chance to see you again on your next visit so you can continue to explore our offerings!
North Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my 4 day stay at this hotel. I fell in love with the hotel concept. Well designed, simple and open. I want this hotel concept to succeed because I want to have this hotel in every city I visit.

The rooms were streamlined organized and spotless. I felt that I must be the target audience for this hotel because they have included everything I could ever want in a hotel stay.

My favorite aspects of the hotel; The open design of the lobby, complete with a living plant wall. the upbeat progressive rock music that was playing lightly In the lobby. The selection of fruit infused chilled water in the lobby. The healthful and delicious selections of breakfast, dinner and snacks and a machine to squeeze fresh orange juice. All this made it easy to be good to myself while away from home. I don't think this hotel is trying to brand themselves as "luxury" but to me there is no greater luxury than fresh OJ, and fresh fruit and herb infused water. Add the selection of preservative free snacks and I was completely at home. I would pay a premium to stay here over another hotel. Yet there rate is quite affordable.

The room design gave ample room for a personalized private workout station in the room. It was so nice to unwind in my room when I didn't feel like going to the gym. I stayed in the room and alternated my favorite shows with light excercises on the provided excercise ball and mounted post with excercise bands. Plus there were about 12-20 channels on the tv featuring videos of how to use the in room workout gear.

The bed was so comfortable that I peeled the sheets off to find out the manufacturer, because I want one!

The staff had a lot to do with how much I liked the hotel. It's clear that the staff are energized about working in a place that they are proud of. Each staff member I interacted with went out of their way to be hospitable. They are clearly happy and engaged in the service they provide. I saw the quick stand up meetings that the team chose to have outside. It was nice to see that the hotel valued the well being of the employees as well as their guests. That approach showed in the way that the staff took care of the guests.

I didn't take advantage of the great gym or the on-site trainer but it was nice to know that was available.

The free wi-if was a welcome perk. The $8 hotel parking fee is understandable since it's a well developed area so close to the metro transit train. The proximity to metro, shopping and some excellent restaurants make this a walkable hotel choice.

Because, I am local I will actually return just to eat breakfast here. This place gets 5 stars from me and all I want is too see more of these hotels.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
You just made my day! And when I share with the staff - you just made their day!
We are so thankful for you taking the time to write this review that paints such a perfect picture highlighting our cleanliness, open and energizing spaces, amenities and more. But, of course, the highlight for me was your description of our staff and their engagement, because we truly are so inspired and motivated by having the chance to share our passion for our brand and the promise of enabling wellness in travel!
So from all of us at “your new favorite hotel”, to you, one of our favorite guests, we can’t wait to welcome you back!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

What a great new concept in hotels! I have stayed in much more luxurious properties that don't compare to this hotel.

When we checked in the front desk staff was wonderful! Very friendly, pleasant and accommodating. Wet towels to wipe your hands from travel when you check in!!

The bathrooms are simply amazing. The shower gels, shampoo and conditioners in the pump containers made our trip! Towels were probably the softest ever!

The workout equipment in the rooms is great for business people on the go and the workout room downstairs was first class.

The great smells in the hallways, the live plants in the room and public areas all make this a wonderful property.

This would not be the type of hotel for groups of students but is definitely what any adult business traveler could really benefit from.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thanks Rebecca C for the amazing review that touched on everyhting from staff to spa-like bathroom amenities! And yes, I/we agree 100% that when it comes to providing a travel experience that leaves you feeling refreshed, energized and on track, we ARE the hotel of the future. So thank you so much from all of us her at the EVEN Hotel Rockville team for taking the time to share and can't wait to see you again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The smell is divine! When you arrive you can have cold fruit infused water and a cool towel to wipe your hot sweaty face and hands. The design is so inviting and relaxing all at the same time. I was greeted by a lovely man ( names are not my friend) who made me feel welcomed and excited to be there!
I loved the bed, it was super comfy. There were three things I thought were odd. First off, the bathroom door is not a real door it's a sliding glass door that doesn't slide flush to the wall so there is this inch wide gap that anyone can see right into. It sees right into the shower which is also glass. Not a problem if you are with your spouse but if friends were sharing a room and one happened to just be sitting on one of the ottomans, they would probably see more than they wanted! Which leads me to odd observation #2-The Shower. Only one side of the shower's glass doors actually opens. It is the side farthest from the shower controls so that means you have to get all the way in before you can start the shower. I don't know about you but I'm one of those people that like to test the water before getting in. Especially when staying in a hotel for the first time, I don't know how far the lever should be over towards "hot" before it takes my skin off! The last odd observation is both a complement and a criticism. I applaud that they have a channel dedicated to showing me how to work my core on the equipment in the room but why then did they put the equipment on the same side as the TV? In my opinion the TV should be opposite the exercise station so that you can see what the instructor is doing.
Besides these oddities, I loved my stay and would stay again. I wish I could pipe the smell of the hotel through my house, it was fabulous. You can borrow an iPad if you need a device while there and they have a delicious tea in the evening that helps you sleep. I even took my normally lazy self to the gym because you can't help but want to go in there! My husband had the breakfast which he said was really good, I tend to want to eat latter so I just had their coffee and it was the smoothest coffee at a hotel I have had in years! My husband wanted to know when they would build more Even Hotels as he felt energized by the place as well. Not sure what it was but this Even Hotel had us peppy during the day and sleeping like babies at night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Wow! I absolutely love that you shared such fun and colorful detail about your stages along your stay Alisa! From sights and scents, arrival to departure, great work outs to sleeping like a baby – you had us covered!
Also, thank you so much for your detailed observations on some of the guest room design elements. And to follow up on the few items noted as “odd”, I’ll run with your number #1 through #3 system as we really do appreciate the feedback!
Both #1, #2 and #3 really speak back to our desire to provide a “Spa-Like” bathroom experience, focusing on a very light, airy feel using frosted glass elements such as the sliding door (#1) and mirror trim, light toned natural tile and stones, desired lighting levels, glass enclosed tubs and showers (#2) with removable shower heads and clean, modern fixtures (#3). So you can see where your feedback is so important, because we can take that to help keep our desired design feel and experience while still utilizing your input in possible messaging, programming and staff training (a couple examples we already explored after your post was turning the shower head to the side as part of the cleaning process so that when it is turned on you can then adjust temp and turn and adjust shower head direction and height when ready, as well as some additional fun, yet informative messaging in the bathroom regarding the design and fixtures).
Once again, thank you so much for being a real partner for us during our first month of opening and sharing your story for us and others! We are thrilled you will definitely stay with us again when possible and I personally can’t wait to welcome you back.