“Excellent Stay - New Favorite Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

Save Saved
You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Savings!
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
North Bethesda, Maryland
“Excellent Stay - New Favorite Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my 4 day stay at this hotel. I fell in love with the hotel concept. Well designed, simple and open. I want this hotel concept to succeed because I want to have this hotel in every city I visit.

The rooms were streamlined organized and spotless. I felt that I must be the target audience for this hotel because they have included everything I could ever want in a hotel stay.

My favorite aspects of the hotel; The open design of the lobby, complete with a living plant wall. the upbeat progressive rock music that was playing lightly In the lobby. The selection of fruit infused chilled water in the lobby. The healthful and delicious selections of breakfast, dinner and snacks and a machine to squeeze fresh orange juice. All this made it easy to be good to myself while away from home. I don't think this hotel is trying to brand themselves as "luxury" but to me there is no greater luxury than fresh OJ, and fresh fruit and herb infused water. Add the selection of preservative free snacks and I was completely at home. I would pay a premium to stay here over another hotel. Yet there rate is quite affordable.

The room design gave ample room for a personalized private workout station in the room. It was so nice to unwind in my room when I didn't feel like going to the gym. I stayed in the room and alternated my favorite shows with light excercises on the provided excercise ball and mounted post with excercise bands. Plus there were about 12-20 channels on the tv featuring videos of how to use the in room workout gear.

The bed was so comfortable that I peeled the sheets off to find out the manufacturer, because I want one!

The staff had a lot to do with how much I liked the hotel. It's clear that the staff are energized about working in a place that they are proud of. Each staff member I interacted with went out of their way to be hospitable. They are clearly happy and engaged in the service they provide. I saw the quick stand up meetings that the team chose to have outside. It was nice to see that the hotel valued the well being of the employees as well as their guests. That approach showed in the way that the staff took care of the guests.

I didn't take advantage of the great gym or the on-site trainer but it was nice to know that was available.

The free wi-if was a welcome perk. The $8 hotel parking fee is understandable since it's a well developed area so close to the metro transit train. The proximity to metro, shopping and some excellent restaurants make this a walkable hotel choice.

Because, I am local I will actually return just to eat breakfast here. This place gets 5 stars from me and all I want is too see more of these hotels.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
You just made my day! And when I share with the staff - you just made their day!
We are so thankful for you taking the time to write this review that paints such a perfect picture highlighting our cleanliness, open and energizing spaces, amenities and more. But, of course, the highlight for me was your description of our staff and their engagement, because we truly are so inspired and motivated by having the chance to share our passion for our brand and the promise of enabling wellness in travel!
So from all of us at “your new favorite hotel”, to you, one of our favorite guests, we can’t wait to welcome you back!
Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

What a great new concept in hotels! I have stayed in much more luxurious properties that don't compare to this hotel.

When we checked in the front desk staff was wonderful! Very friendly, pleasant and accommodating. Wet towels to wipe your hands from travel when you check in!!

The bathrooms are simply amazing. The shower gels, shampoo and conditioners in the pump containers made our trip! Towels were probably the softest ever!

The workout equipment in the rooms is great for business people on the go and the workout room downstairs was first class.

The great smells in the hallways, the live plants in the room and public areas all make this a wonderful property.

This would not be the type of hotel for groups of students but is definitely what any adult business traveler could really benefit from.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thanks Rebecca C for the amazing review that touched on everyhting from staff to spa-like bathroom amenities! And yes, I/we agree 100% that when it comes to providing a travel experience that leaves you feeling refreshed, energized and on track, we ARE the hotel of the future. So thank you so much from all of us her at the EVEN Hotel Rockville team for taking the time to share and can't wait to see you again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The smell is divine! When you arrive you can have cold fruit infused water and a cool towel to wipe your hot sweaty face and hands. The design is so inviting and relaxing all at the same time. I was greeted by a lovely man ( names are not my friend) who made me feel welcomed and excited to be there!
I loved the bed, it was super comfy. There were three things I thought were odd. First off, the bathroom door is not a real door it's a sliding glass door that doesn't slide flush to the wall so there is this inch wide gap that anyone can see right into. It sees right into the shower which is also glass. Not a problem if you are with your spouse but if friends were sharing a room and one happened to just be sitting on one of the ottomans, they would probably see more than they wanted! Which leads me to odd observation #2-The Shower. Only one side of the shower's glass doors actually opens. It is the side farthest from the shower controls so that means you have to get all the way in before you can start the shower. I don't know about you but I'm one of those people that like to test the water before getting in. Especially when staying in a hotel for the first time, I don't know how far the lever should be over towards "hot" before it takes my skin off! The last odd observation is both a complement and a criticism. I applaud that they have a channel dedicated to showing me how to work my core on the equipment in the room but why then did they put the equipment on the same side as the TV? In my opinion the TV should be opposite the exercise station so that you can see what the instructor is doing.
Besides these oddities, I loved my stay and would stay again. I wish I could pipe the smell of the hotel through my house, it was fabulous. You can borrow an iPad if you need a device while there and they have a delicious tea in the evening that helps you sleep. I even took my normally lazy self to the gym because you can't help but want to go in there! My husband had the breakfast which he said was really good, I tend to want to eat latter so I just had their coffee and it was the smoothest coffee at a hotel I have had in years! My husband wanted to know when they would build more Even Hotels as he felt energized by the place as well. Not sure what it was but this Even Hotel had us peppy during the day and sleeping like babies at night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Wow! I absolutely love that you shared such fun and colorful detail about your stages along your stay Alisa! From sights and scents, arrival to departure, great work outs to sleeping like a baby – you had us covered!
Also, thank you so much for your detailed observations on some of the guest room design elements. And to follow up on the few items noted as “odd”, I’ll run with your number #1 through #3 system as we really do appreciate the feedback!
Both #1, #2 and #3 really speak back to our desire to provide a “Spa-Like” bathroom experience, focusing on a very light, airy feel using frosted glass elements such as the sliding door (#1) and mirror trim, light toned natural tile and stones, desired lighting levels, glass enclosed tubs and showers (#2) with removable shower heads and clean, modern fixtures (#3). So you can see where your feedback is so important, because we can take that to help keep our desired design feel and experience while still utilizing your input in possible messaging, programming and staff training (a couple examples we already explored after your post was turning the shower head to the side as part of the cleaning process so that when it is turned on you can then adjust temp and turn and adjust shower head direction and height when ready, as well as some additional fun, yet informative messaging in the bathroom regarding the design and fixtures).
Once again, thank you so much for being a real partner for us during our first month of opening and sharing your story for us and others! We are thrilled you will definitely stay with us again when possible and I personally can’t wait to welcome you back.
Bridgewater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed at the Even Hotel twice in the past 3 weeks. I liked it a lot, it is Brand New so everything is clean and crisp feeling. I will most likely continue to stay here, despite the fact they charge $8 a night to park, even for a Platinum IHG member. The beds are very comfortable, the towels are real towels, not those sand paper hotel towels, and if you choose to work out, they have a nice gym or equipment (bands, exercise ball, etc) in the room to work out in private.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review – and so glad to had the chance to have you with us twice already within our first month!
It was fantastic that you touched on some very important things that we consider foundational in our brand, from a great sleep experience to robust fitness offerings (and on your terms). That kind of feedback really helps us validate that what we are doing for our guests (and the entire hotel industry) is right on track.
Look forward to having you back with us for your third visit and every visit after!
Your Chief Wellness Officer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Typical American Hotel, but somehow had a boutique feel. Rooms all had in-room exercise facilities - yoga mat, stability ball, and exercise bands. Exceptionally comfortable bed. Very good gym. Breakfast with lots of "healthy"options.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LiftDOSLift, Director of Sales at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to provide accommodations to you during your travels and giving us such a great review. Your comments about our in room fitness trainer, boutique feel and on site dining at Cork & Kale is exactly what we love to hear!

Look forward to having you back with us!
Your Accomplish More Director,
Kristin Lesino
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel has a unique concept. It's focused on wellness and in addition to a very nice gym on site, there is work out equipment (yoga mat, balance ball, etc.) in the room. So if you like to work out, this is the place for you. The snack area sells only healthy options, which were reasonably priced and good. I was traveling with my teenage son and my toddler. While my older son really enjoyed the gym, I found that the hotel was impractical for traveling with a toddler. This is true about the bathtub especially - it has a sliding glass door that doesn't allow an adult to sit on the side of the tub near the faucet. As a result, my toddler was able to turn on the shower during his bath and drenched me. In addition, the door to the bathroom is a sliding glass door with a gap - very modern, but not very practical for someone who needs privacy in the bathroom. In summary, I would recommend this hotel for those traveling alone or as a couple, but not with little kids. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such constructive, honest feedback about your recent stay. And, as you pointed out (which is so good to hear), we are a very unique hotel experience indeed.
We are so glad you would refer us as a great place for individuals and couples travelling - and commented specifically on our staff service, strong fitness offerings and healthy food and beverage platform in Cork n Kale. That said, our core purpose is to make sure we enable wellness in travel and keep our guests on track – every guest. And as the Chief Wellness Officer and fellow parent, I really appreciate your feedback in regards to travelling with young children. So as we continue to build out our spa-like bathroom experience, your insight on the glass enclosure design with regards to bathing a toddler is well met and noted.
Also, please know that as we do continue to design and evaluate our very unique and exciting Brand, we already have some great family programming as part of our hotel experience (Xbox 1 in our flex room, family fun runs and other outings), plus menu items that offer fun, healthy (and indulgent) faire for the finicky-eating younger ones in the group.
Be well - We truly hope we have you back with us again soon!
Imola, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

It is a wonderful hotel. The gym is just amazing. The staff is very friendly and they are always available. The bar offers a lot of cool things. The room is big and very well done. I am impressed by the shower!! I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are large and beautiful