“Great for those traveling without kids who want to work out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of EVEN Hotel Rockville

Save Saved
You added EVEN Hotel Rockville to your Saves list
EVEN Hotel Rockville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great for those traveling without kids who want to work out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel has a unique concept. It's focused on wellness and in addition to a very nice gym on site, there is work out equipment (yoga mat, balance ball, etc.) in the room. So if you like to work out, this is the place for you. The snack area sells only healthy options, which were reasonably priced and good. I was traveling with my teenage son and my toddler. While my older son really enjoyed the gym, I found that the hotel was impractical for traveling with a toddler. This is true about the bathtub especially - it has a sliding glass door that doesn't allow an adult to sit on the side of the tub near the faucet. As a result, my toddler was able to turn on the shower during his bath and drenched me. In addition, the door to the bathroom is a sliding glass door with a gap - very modern, but not very practical for someone who needs privacy in the bathroom. In summary, I would recommend this hotel for those traveling alone or as a couple, but not with little kids. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such constructive, honest feedback about your recent stay. And, as you pointed out (which is so good to hear), we are a very unique hotel experience indeed.
We are so glad you would refer us as a great place for individuals and couples travelling - and commented specifically on our staff service, strong fitness offerings and healthy food and beverage platform in Cork n Kale. That said, our core purpose is to make sure we enable wellness in travel and keep our guests on track – every guest. And as the Chief Wellness Officer and fellow parent, I really appreciate your feedback in regards to travelling with young children. So as we continue to build out our spa-like bathroom experience, your insight on the glass enclosure design with regards to bathing a toddler is well met and noted.
Also, please know that as we do continue to design and evaluate our very unique and exciting Brand, we already have some great family programming as part of our hotel experience (Xbox 1 in our flex room, family fun runs and other outings), plus menu items that offer fun, healthy (and indulgent) faire for the finicky-eating younger ones in the group.
Be well - We truly hope we have you back with us again soon!

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Imola, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It is a wonderful hotel. The gym is just amazing. The staff is very friendly and they are always available. The bar offers a lot of cool things. The room is big and very well done. I am impressed by the shower!! I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are large and beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First off, thank you for staying with us and giving us such a great review. Your comments about our staff, athletic studio, room and night vibe in our lounge area is exactly what we love to hear!
Second, your last comment about being "back for sure" is the best endorsement we could get.
Look forward to having you back with us!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is such a fantastic idea. I love the in-room workout facilities, they actually inspired me to do something before I left, even though I got in late and left early. The staff lead group runs on select mornings which would have been awesome if I'd been there on the right day. It's very health conscious and focused, but not preachy - you can get a cocktail at the bar in the evenings and freshly squeezed juice in the mornings. Staff was very friendly and obviously were excited about working there and sharing the new concept. Here's a post with video of the room http://wp.me/p2y46u-3mG

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your time and energy spent putting together such fun and informative content - including a selfie on our in-room fitness ball, which I agree is not an easy thing to do - is amazing.
The only thing I can do at this point is invite you back to stay longer next time so we can get that run in together!
Thanks again and be well!
Your Chief Wellness Officer
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was clean, crisp and actually calming after a long day of travel. While I admit I didn't have time to work-out in the room, the video instruction program on the TV was an excellent way to lead you through a good 10 minute workout. The food and snacks were healthy and smart choices - and reasonably priced. I can't wait to stay at an EVEN hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
What a great message for our property and the entire EVEN Hotels brand!
The pursuit to give each of our guests the chance to stay on track when travelling - especially on their own terms - is exactly what we are all about. So to get great feedback on our guestrooms, food and beverage and in-room fitness offerings is absolutely fantastic.
Thank you for staying with us, taking the time to tell us about it - and we can't wait to welcome you back!
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the first time we have stayed at a EVEN Hotel. I can easily say this was the best hotel we have stayed at in a long time. It was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff were pleasant and helpful. It was close to the metro, which allowed easy access to DC. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
On behalf of the entire team - an myself personally - thank you so much for the great review and feedback to share with our staff! We are honored that we had he chance to introduce you to the EVEN Hotels experience as part of our Grand Opening here in Rockville.
Be well, and hope your travels bring you back to us again soon.
Wallace, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I loved our first experience at Even Hotels in Rockville. We were greeted upon arrival with a glass of refreshing fruit water. In our room we were delighted to find exercise equipment - big ball for crunches and sit ups, resistance bands, yoga mat. We both enjoyed a light workout and stretching right in our room. The room was modern, clean, and comfortable. The bed was super comfortable. The products - lotion, shampoo, soap, conditioner were refreshing and calming on my sensitive skin. Breakfast was overpriced but good. All staff members were polite and welcoming. We will definitely return for future visits.
Susan

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience! Your comments on the staff and amenities is exacly what we love to hear Susan.
We absolutely can't wait to have you back with us again!
Scott, Chief Wellness Officer

Been to EVEN Hotel Rockville? Share your experiences!