“Expensive tasty food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Late Night
Rockville, Maryland
“Expensive tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

I ate here with friends on a Friday night. The place was packed and tables were right up against each other. You would have never guessed how trendy and cute it was on the inside just by looking at the plain outside. My husband and I ordered the gyros and ate WAAAY too much pita bread. I can't deny that though expensive, the food was delicious. I couldn't partake in the wine because I was pregnant but my husband had some craft beer. There was some cheese dish they were bringing around that they would light on fire.... that was periodically exhilarating. Overall the experience was good but a little expensive to go here regularly.

• Visited November 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

DC
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

My family has been here several times. It's a great place to come when we can't decide what we want. The tapas style dining allows us to choose a variety of food. We appreciate that they source some of their food from local farms. I haven't had anything I didn't like, but our favorites are the village salad, brussels sprouts, lamb chops, and chicken souvlaki. Because each item is served as soon as it is done rather than the whole order being brought at once, the food is always at the proper temperature. This also means you can start eating quickly, which is great when you are really hungry or in a rush. One downside, though, is that the cost of the small plates can add up quickly, and if you don't choose wisely you may not feel fully satisfied at the end of your meal. Also, I wish the falafel recipe used at Cava was gluten free. It is not necessary to add flour to falafel, and not doing so would make that item a great vegan protein option for those who can't do gluten. I know it's possible because Taim in NYC has been successfully serving delicious gluten free falafel for years.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food if you can get in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a busy little place and for so many great reasons. But it can be really crowded and noisy so prepare yourself. It's a fun atmosphere and plenty of excitement. Not a place for a quiet meal. But if you are looking for a party, bar or delicious small plates then this is the place. Come back often to try the many delicious offerings. The lamb chops are superb.

North Bethesda, Maryland
“better than I thought”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This quaint mediterranean restaurant sits on the corner of North Potomac's few shopping centers. We were looking for some dinner, nothing too fancy but decent. The only other Cava we had was the ones in Bethesda Row and Tysons, so this one is big difference. It is a sit down dinner kind of place, the bar stands to your right as soon as you pass the hostess stand, its Dark in there. So if you're not into the loungy, dark, can get crowded areas, this place isn't for you. We were sat towards the back at a table for 2, we were about a foot away from other diners. We usually dont mind if we're really hungry. Took about 7 mins for someone to ask for drinks, I don't blame them there was a party of 10 that came is right before us.
Anyway, we order the Calamari, Scottish Salmon, and mini pitas. This is not a place for big appetities, if you're ready to eat a burger go to Quench. They do have specials which I believe are quite more like entree size. Back to the food, the Calamari wasn't groundbreaking, they serve it with a yogurt dill sauce and lemon, which was pretty tasty. The Salmon is really good! the Salmon comes on a kabob stick over a bed for what seems to be mashed cuscos, or lentils, either way is was cooked very nicely and the infused marinate compliments the fish. Lastly the Pita's, like the regular gyros, was a little on the dry side maybe we just got the bad bath, but they were filling. They come wrapped in mini pita bread which is warm and served with the yogurt dill sauce. I enjoyed the food, and I also liked the ambiance the whole loungy type relaxed feel. Even though it can get crowded and loud its a nice place to eat tapas and engage in a somewhat conversation. Ill be back to try their other stuff!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bridgewater
“GREAT Mediteranean Food in Rockville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you are in Rockville near Shady Grove Road, you MUST eat at Cava Mezze. I come to ROckville a lot on business and whenever I do an overnight stay in the area, I make sure I have dinner at Cava Mezze. The appetizers, especially the dip sampler is magnificent, but the CRAZY FETA is worth the visit alone. The meals are small plates, which gives you a chance to try a couple of things per visit, and everything I ever had there is fantastic. It is always busy, but I have never waited longer than 10 minutes for a table. The service is very good, but the food is to die for.

• Visited July 2014