“A bad experience at Fords.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Rock Hall
Cuisines: American
Dover, Pennsylvania
“A bad experience at Fords.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The oysters should have been called "poppers", the soft crab was not fried properly so instead of frying the crab correctly, they toasted the bread until it was like a brick. Also, they told us the soft crab sandwich came with lettuce and tomato and the charged us $ .75 for a nasty slice of tomato. The only experience worse then this, was our dinner at Swan Point Inn.

Be very careful of dining in Rock Hall. We feel that all of the restaurants there over-charge, give poor service, and the quality of food is below average.

Visited September 2012

Hewitt
“The food is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We ate here because everything in town was crazy crowded due to a festival. Our waitress was the owner's daughter and she was pretty casual with her service. We had to wait forever to get our check. I had the steamed crab - I had to pay regular price because I arrived 20 minutes too late to get the all you can eat special. No big deal really because I ate what I wanted and it only cost a couple of dollars more than the meal deal. The crab were good! My husband had the shrimp basket and while he said it wasn't the best he had ever had it was perfectly good. The location is a little ways from the action so if you are more interested in a quiet family dinner this is your best bet.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brick, New Jersey
“Creamy Crab Bisque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stopped here for lunch last Sunday, while exploring Eastern Neck NWR, I sat at the bar, decided on the Crab Bisque, I ordered a bowl, and boy, do they mean a BOWL, it was absolutely delicious! I literally didn't have room for anything else, and didn't need anything, it was very filling with lots of crab meat. I would get this again any time I'm the the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vermont
“We eat here every time we're in the neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

This down home place has great take-out & eat in-seafood. Their main dining room features all the best comfort foods, generous "fried baskets" a sumptuous salad bar & succulent seafood and does a great going-out -to-dinner-after-church business on Sundays. It's not super fancy, but all the waitresses call you "Hon", or "Sweetie". It's kind of like going to your grandmother's that way. There is a sports bar attached where Ravens' fans can get their fill. And they have a take out section as well. We just love Fords!

• Visited December 2011