“Local color and lots of crab” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Local color and lots of crab”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Mike's is a large place but not your fancy white tablecloth kind of restaurant. When you get whole crabs to eat they come and cover your table with paper. Take your own bib or wear an old shirt if you want to attach a plate of whole crabs. I had the crab stuffed shrimp which come with lots of crab. I was full. Two other ladies sitting near us had a dish of shrimp and a BIG platter of crabs and were making an evening of it while chatting. Location is near the Bay Bridge in Riva and right on the water with a beautiful sunset. Prices are reasonable for that area. I would go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Bloomfield, Michigan
“good food/great views of the bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a great choice. Good food selection at reasonable prices. Oysters were outstanding. Salad bar was a bit lacking but the seafood selections were good and the food well prepared. Relaxed, rustic surroundings inside and beautiful views on the deck. An inviting bar and for those who care - simple hardback and bottom chairs. Picnic tables outside. Bring your own seat cushion if you need and enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“TERRIBLE SERVICE - will never go back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

First, the food was very good! However, the positive stop there...

First the ambience or lack there of – the floor has to be at least 30 years old, the tables and the chairs need to be replaced
- the server was terrible - rude - stretched over all of us when delivering the food (At one point his armpit was directly over my salad at which time I covered my food and asked him to please not stretch his body parts over my meal)
- asked us to pass down the food; did not know who ordered what
-Never introduced himself when he came to our table
-When one person did not know what she wanted, he simply replied "we'll skip you and keep it moving" instead of offering some assistance/helping her make - selection – Referred to an African-American member of our party as "bro": TOTALLY Disrespectful, unprofessional, and rude
-There were dirty dishes/empty plates left on the table for almost an hour before I finally asked another waiter who was simply standing around if someone could come and clean the table
- Once he arrived, he asked us to pass down the dishes and trash. I've then had to tell him that that is not the way you bus tables; that he needed to go around each person, collect the dishes and bring them back to the bin
- When I brought These issues to the manager, He was basically useless!
he simply looked at me, said okay and walked away. It was only after I told him that I did not feel I should pay gratuity as I did not get good service, did he wipe out the gratuity - a whopping $3.20 (It was a large party - Mandatory gratuity) And apologize – it did not help that his breath was hideous!

This place makes TONS of money every weekend and there is no excuse for them not improving the interior decor and the waiters definitely need retraining.

This was my first and last visit if you like good service, run the other way!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Best crabs in the eastern shore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Don't miss this stop for pickin crabs. Steamed fresh and hot to your table. Best we have had on the eastern shore and we've eaten at most.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Ok food, nothing special. Had a few apps and wait staff was not very personable and more mechanical. Nice location on the river but I doubt I will be coming back. Too many other places to check out...

Visited September 2013