“Worth the Trips” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Attractions in Queenstown
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Championship 36-hole golf course features bentgrass tees, greens and fairways.
Maryland
8 attraction reviews
“Worth the Trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We played the Lakes course the 7th of July. We got out early to skip the rush and played without running into any traffic. We did get overtaken by two guys that were anxious to play through. They didn't hit that well but their energy made up for the miss-hits. All of the greens were soft and playable. They rolled fast with the exception of those recently watered. The Lake course is ok, it has water around, the fairways and tee boxes are well maintained and we felt that we got our monies worth on the round. In the service industry on any given day you may encounter poor service but at Queenstown on that day, we had excellent service from everyone we met. From the counter guys checking us to the starters that covered the rules of play to the food service staff in the clubhouse. I've played at Queenstown before but generally during a tournament so playing in a smaller group gave me an opportunity to experience Queenstown in more natural setting. Queenstown for me is an almost 60 minute drive but I'd play it again.

Visited July 2014

Landenberg, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“18 Great holes,,,, Terrible 19th”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I will start by saying I played the Lakes course with a friend we play every other month or so. This was a planned trip we both looked forward to very much and had a great time on a very very nice, well maintained and clean course ( including carts ) Great views of the River peaking through here and there I think it is a great layout, Tee boxes were nice fairways very nice and very nice greens. We played the Gold T's with 2 guys the pro shop paired us up with both were nice guys and good players ( I'm a 15 hcp my friend is 18 ) we all played well together we got sun clouds and a soaking downpour Pars bogeys double bogeys we all had a good time.
My partner and I went into the " Grill " a waitress was cleaning up a few tables, removing trash and spraying and wiping,,, then going into the kitchen,,, then disapearing,,, then popping out again to clean more tables. We thought we heard her say ( with no enthusiasm you would expect from a waitress ) I'll be there in a minute,, now this is after more than 5 minutes. We both commented to each other " are we supposed to order up there ? or does she come to the table?,,, We went to the counter ordered 2 sandwiches and a Bloody Mary,,an ice water he had to ask for 2 times, and a Coke,,, I ordered this with a lady who we saw earlier working the outside grill at the turn who happened to come to the counter ( she was very nice ),, not the waitress who was working Inside ( she has the face of a pig ) She brought the sandwiches and coke to the table,, then disapeared again. We ate,, we talked,, we finished and waited and waited again. I guess we will pay up there then,, I went up to pay $ 33.00 for the above items 2, four bite sandwiches a coke and a Drink,, ok,, ok figure $ 10.00 each for the food and the drink. I forgot about the Bloddy Mary and questioned the price,, $ 33.00 for that ? when she said the drink then I figured ok... but she said it with a $#!tty reply,, I was caught off gard by this. So I said , Thanks for the great service,,, as I turned away I heard her say @zz#0!!3,, I paused turned around and said excuse me??? did you say something to me? her reply was nothing,, I asked where is your manager,,, she said " we don't have one ",, I said get your manager,, her reply was the same. By now I was popping out of my shoe's,, I went to the pro shop I saw a gentleman at the desk and told him what she said,, I told him as an employer I would fire her on the spot for this. I don't know what happened because as he was asking her what happened,, we gathered up our things from the table and left the building. If you all at QH Links read this there are PEOPLE FRIENDLY Resturant workers out there to hire. Everyone we met throughout the day was fantastic when we checked in,, the guys we played with,, the Red Cart Marshalls,, everyone we were in a great mood upon entering the grill and left very Disapointed ., get rid of This lady,, with such a Terrible demeanor. 1 person brings you from an excellant rating to TERRIBLE
I welcome any feedback from QH Links,, I'm a member @ Wyncote , Oxford PA

Visited July 2014
Jennifer C, Public Relations Manager at Queenstown Harbor Golf Links, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear John,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience. While we’re thrilled that you had a great round on our course, we’re extremely disappointed that your day ended in the manner you describe. We will certainly look into this and will address the matter with our employee.

In the meantime, we ask you to contact John Anderes, our Director of Golf and Grounds at janderes@mdgolf.com so we can make this right. We appreciate your loyalty to our course and want to make sure that you return to Queenstown Harbor and always feel welcome here.

Thank you again for your visit, and we apologize for this negative experience. It won’t happen again.
Stevensville, Maryland, USA
“Eastern Shore Golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

2 beautiful courses. A more challenging course called the River with holes along the Chester River near the mouth at the Chesapeake bay and the Lakes course which is not quite as difficult. They offer some good deals for afternoon and off season play which make it more affordable for frequent play. My opinion, one of the best courses in MD.

Visited September 2013
Queenstown, Maryland
“Course worth playing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great shape, greens run true. Beautiful views along the Chester River. Wildlife everywhere. Easy to get to just off Route 50.

Visited May 2013
Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“River Course with a stunning view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Queenstown Harbor has 2 Courses (Lakes & River). The River Course is expensive, but the view of the Bay is amazing. What makes this place an Excellent destination to play a round of Golf, is its people. The Staff will make your round enjoyable.

When you are done, the Outlet Mall is across from the Course, and within 15 minutes are some fantastic seafood restaurants, for those visiting the region looking for a great Crab Cakes sandwich or Steamed Crabs.

Visited April 2013