“God awful” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Potomac
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
“God awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I wish I had kept the pictures so I could post them. I literally found the smallest hotel room I have ever seen in my life. I estimate it was 10x12. The dresser would hit the bed if you opened it all the way. Seriously, I had more room in a barracks than this place. It was awful. The rooms are smaller and more archaic than a lousy Rodeway Inn. I told my travel office never again, I'd rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Just run, run as fast as you can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BolgerTeam, Manager at Bolger Center, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review your experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to learn of your disappointments. We are sorry to hear that our guestroom did not meet your expectations. We hope we can have another opportunity to provide you a better experience.

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New Hartford, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Bolger Center, and old government facility, is currently a great hotel location. It is huge. There are many buildings, and I was only in a few. My room was on the ground floor of building C....and I really don't think there was any one else staying on that floor for the tour nights we were there! Very, very quiet!! Silent!! No noise of tv in the next room, no noise from kids running around in the room above! The walls must be very thick!!
Each room had a small sitting area, and two heating/cooling zones. Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was really small, with very little room to store things. Otherwise, the room was fine.
Check in and out was easy.
There is a mile + nature trail to walk/jog around the whole facility.
Employees were everywhere, and very friendly.
There was breakfast served in another building, but we never did eat there.
I noticed a family checking in with a few children, and they had bicycles for kids and adults to use!
I would absolutely stay here when I return to the D.C area!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Bolger Center and sharing your experience with us. It is great to know that you found our hotel quite, beds comfortable and staff friendly. We are also happy to learn that you liked our natural jogging trail. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your next trip to this area.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Food was great. Hotel was nice. The level of detail and professionalism was very high and I was impressed. Great job! I would go back to this place and I felt really good about being there. It also made me feel as if I was in college again as it kind of looks like a small campus. I think they have thought of everything from having snacks in the break rooms while we were in our meeting sessions from having comp umbrellas that you can use to walk from each facility. If we stayed longer I'm sure we would have utilized the gym/spa/pool but we were there for only two days. Thus place is somewhat hidden away hut I'm glad I had the opportunity to experience it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel. We are very glad to learn that you had a five-star experience. It is great to read that you found the food great, hotel nice and staff professional and helpful. We hope you will have a chance to enjoy our gym and swimming pool during your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next meeting or personal trip to this area.

Bourget, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were lucky enough to stumble on their website and what a treasure we found. Everything was incredible. The staff were extremely friendly, polite. The room was spotless. The grounds were impeccable. The dining room was very clean and the food was great. While dining, staff would welcome you and get you anything if you needed it. We were treated with a genuine smiles. We willbe back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel. It is delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay. We are very glad to learn that everything was incredible during your stay and you found our staff extremely nice and polite, room spotless and ground impeccable. We are also glad to read you liked our dining room and food. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to this area.

Worthington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stay at The Bolger Center whenever we are in Washington. We have family in the area and we like to visit Washington DC. The prices are terrific and the rooms are nicely done. There are several sizes of rooms. We get the suite with two rooms, two TV's etc. It does not cost much more that the small single room. There is a good breakfast buffet in a large dining room. You can drive to a Metro Station (Strathmore) with a large parking lot in about 10 minutes. There is a swimming pool, large lawn and nature trail. After a hectic day with family or with sightseeing, it is nice to come back to such a calm place.

Room Tip: The room rates are much cheaper on weekends and in the winter. Always check back on the internet...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Bolger Center and sharing your experience with us. We are very glad to learn that had a great stay and liked our room, breakfast buffet, dining room, swimming pool and our nature trail. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your next trip to this area.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Although the rooms are smallish, they are comfortable and nice. I have stayed here twice and enjoyed both stays. The surrounding grounds make it especially nice as it is like a beautiful college campus, complete with a nature trail surrounding the entire property. It has all the amenities I usually look for, including a real 25 yard pool, fitness center, plush towels and FREE wifi which is not a given in even top of the line places.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BolgerTeam, Manager at Bolger Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review your experience at our hotel. We are very happy to learn that this was you second stay at the Bolger Center and you enjoyed both of them. We are also glad to know that you liked our grounds and had a chance to enjoy our natural walking trail, swimming pool and fitness center. We look forward to your third stay next time you travel to this area.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was impresed by the Bolger Center. The class I took was easy to find and I had all the conveniences that I needed. The room was a little small, about 180 sq feet, but for a nominal price I could have received a larger room. Not too far from the METRO, and then very easy to purchase a METRO card and go into town. It was a great Hotel.

Room Tip: I did not get a suite, but next time I will. I was onthe Third floor of Building D and it was very...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BolgerTeam, Manager at Bolger Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel. It is great to learn that you had a great stay at the Bolger Center for your class. We look forward to your return if travel brings you to this area!

Warm Regards,

Been to Bolger Center? Share your experiences!