The Bolger is a hidden gem in the DMV. The Postal Training Academy is there. Although it is a basic hotel, I would recommend it because the rate was so great and the setting is fantastic. It was very calm and everyone @ the hotel was friendly and pleasant. My room was clean, with the exception of the hair on the carpet. The free wif-fi was excellent.
- Hotel grounds and surrounding area. It is gorgeous! I think they even have bikes available for guests
- Front desk staff
- Flat screen TV
- REAL central A/C with digital thermostat
- Ceiling fans
- Free parking
- Free shuttle to Metro and Montgomery Mall during the evening hours
- Indoor pool and two fitness centers. Dated, but at least you can get in a workout.
- It's in the sticks! You must have a car. They have a preferred rate with Enterprise not far away.
- Water pressure in shower felt like a really tall guy spitting on you.
- My room had a lot of hair in it. Had to ask them to vacuum more than once.
- No shuttle service during the day Monday through Friday.
- Local bus service (RideOn Route 38) is VERY rare and sometimes the driver just goes by the complex all together.
- Dining options are not good. Osgood's and Pony Express food are fair at best.
- More vending machines in each building
- Better options for room service
- Shuttle service during the day Monday through Friday
- Fridge in single rooms
- Better water pressure
I stayed for one week in September and I would have stayed longer if the rate had stayed the same. The tranquility really does rub off on you. I hate my new hotel and would come back in a minute if I could get a decent rate.
- Also Known As:
- Bolger Hotel Potomac
- Bolger Hotel
- Bolger Center Potomac
- Bolger Center Hotel Potomac
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fifteen miles from the White House, the hotel and conference center is close to Reagan National and Dulles International Airports, the exciting nightlife of Bethesda and upscale shopping.The Bolger Center's campus style setting creates an inviting retreat for both the business and leisure traveler. Our friendly staff will exceed your expectations for a peaceful and productive stay. The hotel features beautiful garden views, complimentary parking and complimentary WiFi. For your dining pleasure, the Bolger Center offers Osgood's, a buffet style restaurant and for nightly entertainment, the Pony Express Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Bolger Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.