“Prost!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Prost!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a reservation for 3 adults, mid-week. We were greeted warmly and seated promptly. The German family owner-operators have created an atmosphere that is classic simple German, with lots of wood; could be anywhere in Germany. Service was excellent, friendly and attentive. Great selection of beers and a long list of very good German wines at reasonable prices. We tasted 4 wines before choosing! Food was excellent, though a little dry. Wiener schnitzel, fish, red cabbage, spaetzle, German potato salad. Recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Perryville, Maryland
“Auf Deutschland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Found this gem when my neighbor recommend it. Amazing authentic German foods, HUGH beer selection imported from Germany, and they have a great Springfest every year with music, food, beer, kids activities, and prizes. Ich liebe dich Prost!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Turnersville, New Jersey, USA
“Ach du Lieber Himmel,what a twist on German food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

One of our party was really hot for Sauerbraten so we headed for Prost. Quaint,clean and the a german motif to the nth degree. The sauerbraten, I thought was a bit too sweet and the meat could have been a bit more tender. The Weiner Schnitzel was cause for debate. I said That I thought the veal was a frozen patty, 5 others disagreed, but the rest of the dish was well prepared. The Spaetzle and dumplings were great side dishes. The Bier selections which our very pleasant waitress, Jenna, suggested were fantastic, including a non-alcoholic brew for the non-drinker in our group. But the star of the show were the pretzels OMG they were unbelievable. I would drive from my home state of NJ just for these warm,crusty and salty gems,over and over again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air, Maryland
“So So German”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I made a recent visit to Prost and I was disappointed. My wife is a picky eater and went because I like German food. It was a trip not worth taking and will not in the future. I won't even go into what we had as it is not worth the effort.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Forest Hill, MD
“Not good German food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My son ordered Jaeger Schnitzel. Arrgh. The pork cutlets were of the frozen pre-breaded variety, topped with a blah gravy (canned?) with very little mushrooms (canned). The spatzle on the dish were fine. I had a goulash that tasted like it had Chief Boyardee sauce. Menu said it was brown and spicy but this was red and plain. Again, spatzle was fine. My wife had saurbraten which she said was typical of most places (including Silver Mining Company) but nothing special.

All-in-all, not much of a German restaurant. Having spent twelve years in Germany, I could have excused some things but when it was so obvious that it was NOT homemade sauces, cutlets, etc., for which I think there is NO excuse. Especially since "it ain't cheap".

I am surprised at some of the other reviews but I guess everybody has a different idea of what good food tastes like.

Will I go back? No.

Do I recommend it? NO.

But, if you've never tasted good German food, be my guest...just don't ask me to join you.

• Visited June 2014