“The Blue Mountain and Life's an Adventure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Life's An Adventure - Day Tours

Life's An Adventure - Day Tours
Unit 12, 6 Tilley Lane, Frenchs Forest, Warringah, New South Wales 2086, Australia
+61 2 9975 4553
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$82*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Multi award-winning company offering Sydney & Blue Mountains guided walking, kayaking, 4WD, sightseeing & mountain biking tours plus Tasmania affordable walking tours. Their unique tours are small and personalised with groups up to 15 guests only. Life's An Adventure received 12 Tourism Awards of Excellence in 2013, 2012 & 2011 including the Best Australian Adventure Tourism business in the Australian Tourism Awards of Excellence in 2013 and three Gold State Awards, they have been named best Blue Mountains Tour Operator and Best Adventure Tourism Operator for the past 3 years. On their Blue Mountains tours they take guests beyond the normal tourist lookouts descending into the wilderness to explore upclose the magnificent Blue Mountains scenery. From enjoying lunch at the base of a waterfall to taking a dip in a local waterhole during a half day hike, this is a fantastic way to explore the Blue Mountains. They are also the only adventure company in the Blue Mountains offering Sydney Hotel pickups for all their tours.In Sydney they offer a spectacular Sydney Harbour Lunch kayak featuring magnificent views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House and a picnic lunch with breathtaking views. As well as kayaking and mountain biking tours in Manly.Life's An Adventure specialise in fully supported overnight walks including the Bay of Fires and Maria Island in Tasmania, the Six Foot Track in the Blue Mountains from Katoomba to Jenolan Caves and a Coastal walk in Sydney's Royal National Park. Guests receive all the creature comforts including having their overnight bags carried, tents set up for their arrival, hot bush showers and a fantastic dinner prepared for them.They also have overnight kayaking and mountain biking adventures.
Port Augusta, South Australia, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“The Blue Mountain and Life's an Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Last April (2013), I decided to do a number of tours with Life's an Adventure. My decision was based on a previous experience with the company last year. I sent the company an email about three weeks before I headed to Sydney to find out what was on offer during my stay. From this moment, I was impressed to find that so many tours were occurring. The dealing with Mark and his crew in the lead up to the tours was fantastic, it could not be flawed. So, this time I choose to do three day tours: 'Best of the Blue Mountains 4WD Tour', 'Valley of the Waterfalls Walking/Hiking Tour' and 'Ruined Castle Walk & Scenic Railway Ride'. The days were pleasant.

The first was the 4WD tour. Every moment of this tour was brilliant. I immensely enjoyed the resplendent scenery and company of the people on the trip. The guide, Dru, was a fountain of knowledge about the flora in the Mountains. Lunch on this day was outstanding. What can I say? It was the best meal I had on my holiday in Sydney.

The Valley of the Waterfalls tour was a little wet and a quite cold. Despite this the scenery was still splendid. Even though it was raining and foggy, we were still able to see the waterfalls in the valley. There are also a lot of stairs, yes, stairs. I was feeling the effects of those stairs for two days. The guide ensured that everyone was comfortable and relaxed on this tour. Considering the weather conditions, I was still able to enjoy the experience, one of which I would like to do again, without the rain and fog.

The final tour to the Ruined Castle was magnificent. This day was the longest, but the most enjoyable, seven hours of walking in total. This was also the largest group, but everyone was keen and enthusiastic which made the day pleasing. The majority of the time was spent walking and absorbing the impressive and remarkable views of the Blue Mountains. The guide, Kate, had a very passionate and bubbly personality which added to the value of the group. If you do not like steep inclines scenic railway is not for you. It was not something I will anytime soon, I was petrified.

I will look forward to doing another tour with Life’s an Adventure in the future. I would also highly recommend them to others who would like an experience to remember with a fantastic company.

Visited April 2013
Julie B, Manager at Life's An Adventure - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing review Michael.

We're all blown away you enjoyed all your tours with us for the second time around, and are even more delighted you're game enough to come back for more, despite the petrifying Scenic Railway experience!

Our guides love sharing their passion for the Blue Mountains with you and we're really happy you weren't disappointed this time around again! We really do our best to source the freshest local produce for our meals so are delighted it was your best meal in Sydney.

Next time we promise to try and turn off the rain and fog in the Valley of the Waters for you!

I do believe you may be eligible for a loyalty bonus, you're becoming one of our best clients! Make sure you talk to us in the office before booking your next tours.. Thanks again!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Blue Mountains 4wd tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hi! I just recently had a tour of the Blue mountains with Drew-our wonderful guide! He was very well informed of all the marvelous places he took us to and was very kind and considerate of my fear of heights. The whole day with Drew and my friends was an experience I will never forget and always cherish. Australia is a beautiful country and Its people are wonderful too!

Visited June 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review Mary, we're delighted you enjoyed the Blue Mountains 4WD tour, Australia and its people so much!

The beauty of exploring by 4WD allows you to see much more of the region and experience real gems of places well off the beaten track.

Our guides work their hardest to make sure everyone gets the most out of their day in the Mountains, making sure you remember it always.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Blue Mountains 4WD tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A great day! Drew was an excellent guide - very knowledgable and personable. He went out of his way to accommodate my friend who had a bit of a fear of heights while making sure that my daughter and I saw everything we could of the Blue Mountains on the tour. The private 4WD tour allowed us access to a number of great vistas that we couldn't have seen on a tour bus and permitted us time to stop wherever we wanted for as long as desired. The lunch was excellent too!

Gretchen R., Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Visited June 2013
Thank you for your great review Gretchen! The Blue Mountains 4WD tour is fast becoming one of our most popular as we give the unique advantage of tailor making each tour to make sure you get the very best out of it for your group.

Our amazing guides love sharing their knowledge with you all so you can take a little piece of the Blue Mountains home with you to remember!
Lund
“Grand canyon hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We spent a fantastic day with the perfect guide Glen on a beautiful hike in the Grand canyon. The whole family agreed that this was the best thing we did in Sydney. Sydney had heavy rain all day but we escaped to a day in a fantastic environment with merely a drizzle that was no problem.

Anna, Jorgen, Maja and Tobias

Visited June 2013
Thanks for your glowing review Anna, we're so happy you and your family chose the Grand Canyon walk as the best thing you saw in Sydney despite the not so perfect weather!

The amazing panoramic views of the Grose Canyon experienced on this walk are always enjoyed by everyone we take there and our passionate and knowledgable guides love sharing this one with you all!
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great day mountain biking.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a great day with this. Excellent location with super friendly guides and a tight group. A great adventure to see nature and get the blood pumping a bit at the same time. It was a great a exercise for pros and rookies alike.

Visited May 2013
Thanks so much for your review Nathan, we're delighted you enjoyed your Panoramic Blue Mountains biking adventure.

This is a great ride along the Narrow Neck Plateau stretching into the wilderness of the Valleys up in the Blue Mountains guaranteed to get your blood pumping and adrenalin rushing!

Look us up when you're back over this way again, there's plenty more rides we can share with you!