“You know what you're getting, right?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Ocean Highway, Pocomoke City, MD 21851 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pocomoke City
Baltimore, Maryland
“You know what you're getting, right?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family and I have stayed here several times over the past few years as a layover en route to the OBX. We have a big dog, so our options are a bit limited.

Our room was exactly what we would expect from a motel called "Econo Lodge". Obviously, it's not the greatest to say the least, and we did have to ask for a blanket that didn't have a cigarette burn in it, but it was clean enought for one night, and they were extremely accomodating when we asked for more fresh blankets and towels.

I can't understand why people give such negative reviews about this place. If you want more luxury, please don't choose a place called Econo Lodge. There is a reason it's named this! If you need more luxury, stay somewhere else. The name states it all!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bakersfield, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Good hotel for the area. It has good sized rooms (I stayed in room 154) and was very quiet. The bathroom was recently redone and looked nice. This room was exactly what I needed after working for the day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband, two year old daughter and myself stayed here last week. Staff was friendly enough when we arrived. The room, however, was disgusting. More than a handful of bugs, wallpaper falling off the wall, and the door to our room wasn't exactly secure. It rattled all night until we propped a chair up against it. The crib they set up for our daughter was outdated and didn't appear to have been cleaned any time recently. When we went to shower in the morning, the shower curtain rod and all fell off the wall when my husband barely touched it. The water smells like sulfur. The breakfast was stale. Please do not stay here. I have a high tolerance for things like this but I was completely disgusted.

• Stayed June 2012

Travelers are raving about these Pocomoke City hotels

Akron, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The people that are on here are nuts. I paid $69 and I feel I got a $69 room. The reason the place has a smell is because it really isn't that busy. Hang the door open a little bit and it was fine. I stayed in room 105. The bathroom was just redone and after traveling for the last week I honestly feel I had the best bed of the trip there. Make note I paid a lot more to stay elsewhere and had a crappy bed.

Basically if you are a cheapass it is great. If you are prissy it might not be for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The place was all but empty when we got there and it was creepy. The room stank. The bathroom floor and adjoining carpet was wet. The bed was miserably uncomfortable. The towels and bath mat was dirty when we got there. The carpet was so dirty I had to go out & buy slippers to wear in the room. The furniture was beat and everyone had to slam their room door to close it.They clearly did all they could to cut corners on the complementary breakfast. The coffee was so weak you could see to the bottom of the cup. The waffle batter was thinned so much you couldn't get the waffle out of the waffle maker and for a fairly large motel, the breakfast area may have a seating capacity of 10. I had to ask for a receipt of charges twice. They tried to just wave me away with a thank you. There were charges for a room safe (only $1 per day but still my dollar) that was locked & no combination was available. It was also not a charge I was made aware of prior to checking out. If I could give less than one star, I would. You'd be better off finding a rest stop and sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: There's a fitness center? Who knew?
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The room stank. The tub had a hole in it. The bathroom door did not close. The top blanket had a big disgusting hard red stain on it. Threy it off the bed. Double checked bed to see if safe to sleep in. Needless to say, I did not sleep. The room # was 138. Dont go there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Omg the worse I have been in
Stinks like dog and cigarettes and was no smoking . Bugs crawling around. Toilet was leaking I called front desk they sent a women about 90 with a toilet plunger it wasn't clogged up it was leaking . Dahhhh . I will never stay their again .That's what I get for saving $10.00 don't recommend .

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!