“The room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Ocean Highway, Pocomoke City, MD 21851 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pocomoke City
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“The room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The room stank. The tub had a hole in it. The bathroom door did not close. The top blanket had a big disgusting hard red stain on it. Threy it off the bed. Double checked bed to see if safe to sleep in. Needless to say, I did not sleep. The room # was 138. Dont go there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Omg the worse I have been in
Stinks like dog and cigarettes and was no smoking . Bugs crawling around. Toilet was leaking I called front desk they sent a women about 90 with a toilet plunger it wasn't clogged up it was leaking . Dahhhh . I will never stay their again .That's what I get for saving $10.00 don't recommend .

• Stayed June 2012
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

And I question if the sheets were clean as there was hair on the pillows! Facing a five-hour drive at 8pm on unfamiliar roads, I questioned if we should stay. Left our luggage in the car, slept in our clothes. Showered with barely running water and left ASAP. When I pulled back sheets the next morning, I did spot a bug, which I have only seen once before at another questionable hotel. I wouldn't mind if the property was just old, but the electric outlets were loose. I also wonder how safe that area is.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Near Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Not a bad place for the price. Staff was excellent. Breakfast okay, need a little improvement w/ variety. Rooms clean, beds comfy. Definitely can see the owner is upgrading the property and rooms, bit by bit. Has the old time 70's charm to the property that we enjoy. Does need further upgrades that seem to be forthcoming. Left an article in room, when we discovered our missing item, a quick phone call, our item was located and put in a safe place until we returned 2 days later. Was impressed with this as recently we stayed in another hotel and forgot something, upon returning within 2 hours, staff "couldn't locate" our item (a kingsized special pillow), but this hotel went above and beyond, as item left at this Econolodge had a $500.00+ value, and was quite small in size! Will stay again!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Frederick md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Staff was nice. Location was right on the highway.. but not real noisey as the traffic was light at night. We had something stolen out of our boat which was parked in the lot outside our room.
TV was on the fritz. Took an hour or more to warm up so that you could watch it.
I'd stay again if I had to go to the area but I'd stay in the back and lock up anything I left outside.

Room Tip: King rooms are in the back where it's quiet. If you want convienience... there is a queen ro...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed here last week. The room and motel seemed a bit dated, but functional. Upon entering the room, it looked clean overall. A bit musty smelling, but I would expect that for an older place. Vanity and bathroom both looked recently remodeled, and the carpet looked fairly new. Decor wasn't spectacular, but we were only there for a night. Some of the furniture showed some age. One outlet wasn't working, but the main one near the light at the nightstand was fine. A few scuffs and rubs on some of the paint on the door. Both beds were comfortable, and fairly solid. Sheets and bedding looked clean and freshly bleached. The only thing i happened to notice was a couple of candy wrappers, a goldfish cracker, an ear plug, and a toothpick under the beds, not much attention to detail by cleaning staff. Aside from that, the room seemed fine, but when I woke up in the morning, I had some little welts on a couple of places. Not sure where they came from. My friend didnt have any issues with her bed that i'm aware of. After wakeup, the AM breakfast was good, pretty much a continental breakfast. Standard toast, cereal, bagels, donuts, strawberry banana yogurt only, coffee, juice, milk. They had a waffle maker, but i didn't use it. Some other folks did and they seemed to be having trouble getting the waffle out of the iron. I heard a couple of comments about how it would have been nice to have somthing to grease the iron to make it easier to get the waffle out. No fresh fruit. The breakfast nook was very nice for an inexpensive motel. Staff very nice and friendly, as far as I could tell. I turned in a comment card so I hope they read it. Motel okay for the rate, I suppose. You might just want to use your own discretion about staying or not staying. Location was excellent and quiet. We were there in the off season, so I'm not sure how it is during tourist season. I'm not so sure I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Friendly, helpful service. Comfortable, quiet room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!