“Nice hotel, wish I could say the same about the restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1726 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208 (Formerly Hilton Pikesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Maryland
“Nice hotel, wish I could say the same about the restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Doubletree because I had a conference there & I didn't feel like fighting the morning traffic. Staying here had its advantages & disadvantages
Advantages:
*The warm chocolate chip cookie upon check in
*Good quality towels
*Clean rooms
*free wifi
*wolfgang puck in-room coffee
Disadvantages
*tv reception is extremely weak
*extremely weak wifi signal
*price for quality
*THE RESTAURANT

I had 2 meals in the on-site restaurant. The first was dinner. The service was very slow (which was weird because there was only 1 other table there). My meal was good, but people in my party thought their meal was mediocre. It was pretty expensive for what we got. I then ate in the restaurant for lunch. Many of us thought since we only had an hour lunch break it would be best for us to eat at the hotel. WRONG! There were 6 of us & although they sat us at a 6 person booth, there was only 1 place setting. It appears it was never reset from breakfast. When the server brought us more place settings, she only brought napkins, forks & water glasses (no knives or forks). Another server (a male) had to ask if we needed knives & then brought them to us. The only menu we were given was a "specials" menu (soup & 1/2 sandwich, or soup & salad --both for $10.95 , or soup & salad for $9.95). All extremely expensive. When I inquired if that was the only soup they were serving the server told me that they didn't have the soup on the menu, they had another soup. None of us wanted the over priced "specials" so we asked for the regular menu & were begrudgingly given it. It took over an hour for us to be served sandwiches & really bad soup (there were maybe 6 other tables in the restaurant). The same young man had to come & fill up our water & bring us our condiments (without him we'd prob still be there waiting). When we finally got out checks, they charged us a $2.00 fee/each for separate checks & the server was nowhere to be found (some of us needed to go boxes too). We tried to give our money to another sever but we were told she couldn't take it. I finally walked the payments up to our server & 2 others, only to be ignored for 5 minutes. The same nice young man who helped us out all through lunch finally took the payments for me. 10 minutes & more snafus later we finally we able to return to our seminar, 15 minutes late.

It was obvious that we were attendees at one of the 2 seminars being held in the hotel b/c we all had on name tags. I don't know what is going on in that restaurant, but I will not be back because it was blatantly obvious that the employees didn't care about the restaurant, it's customers or its reputation (minus the helpful young man).

The reason I rated the hotel a 3 and not a 4 is due to the restaurant. Based on my restaurand experiences I wanted to rate it a 2, but the chocolate chip cookies were a really nice touch!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler, averaging eight to ten hotel stays per month. The Pikesville Doubletree is among the best hotels I have experienced during the past several years. The staff -- including front desk, concierge, restaurant, housekeeping, and management -- is engaging, helpful, thorough, and cheerful. The facility itself is clean and inviting. Even the restaurant is exceptional, in terms of menu, quality, and service. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean service was quick and great rims were excellent full gym on premises would stay again close to my son. Good shopping malls wrens prime only 3 hours from home. Great kosher restaurants in walking distance to hptel

• Stayed January 2013
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at this new Doubletree (recently converted from a Hilton brand) which is located in Pikesville, Maryland. Found hotel very pleasant and comfortable. Was very impressed with staff, who all seemed to go out of their way to greet and be helpful. Room was standard, but comfortable. WIFI available in room and public areas. Breakfast very pleasant with many options from buffet; good choice of fruits (albeit no vegetables); oatmeal available. Staff in restaurant very helpful and provided asked-for items. Evening restaurant options nicely presented and done with care. Normally this site is a car-necessity location, but it is possible to take the Metro from downtown Baltimore to the Old Court Station ($1.60 ow) and the hotel shuttle will come and get you (works both ways, of course - they will drop you off at the Old Court Station as well [about 5 minutes away]). Neighborhood restaurants a longish walk from hotel. Hotel is an excellent value during periods when the downtown Hilton has high rates. Would give this new Doubletree property high marks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Clayton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Renovations aside, the lobby of the re-branded DoubleTree was nice But the hotel has a few issues that needs to be addressed. First I had to get past an overwhelming feeling that the hallways felt like I was in "The Shinning" movie, eerie. I was expecting to see a kid riding on a big wheel or a set of twin girls standing at the end of the corridor. But once we made it to the room, I felt relief. Nice spacious room decent bed but, that dissipated when it was time to sleep because of the constant droning of the heating system. I tried turning the temp down, the fan was still blowing. In an attempt to get to sleep, I tried turning the heat off but the fan was still blowing still couldn't get to sleep. But i can't complain too much because I didn't inform anybody about something that the Manager couldn't do anything about. I guess the conversion is still a work in progress.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The accommodations were nice. Everything was very clean and well maintained. The room was not fancy but the double bed room was spacious. The bathroom was a little small but otherwise I felt that it was a nice room. The beds were very comfortable and there was a nice television.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My 10-year old and I spent 2 nights here, visiting relatives. Hotel was at least half empty, yet we were given the farthest possible room from the lobby. A loooooong walk - and then the "non-smoking" room smelled of cigarette smoke.

Room service left the tray without a cart - for a room with only one chair and a desk. My son ate his breakfast on the bed, as it was all that was available.

Wasn't horrible, but I expected better. Chocolate chip cookie was good, though.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville? Share your experiences!