“Converted to A Double Tree” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1726 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208 (Formerly Hilton Pikesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Clayton, North Carolina
“Converted to A Double Tree”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Renovations aside, the lobby of the re-branded DoubleTree was nice But the hotel has a few issues that needs to be addressed. First I had to get past an overwhelming feeling that the hallways felt like I was in "The Shinning" movie, eerie. I was expecting to see a kid riding on a big wheel or a set of twin girls standing at the end of the corridor. But once we made it to the room, I felt relief. Nice spacious room decent bed but, that dissipated when it was time to sleep because of the constant droning of the heating system. I tried turning the temp down, the fan was still blowing. In an attempt to get to sleep, I tried turning the heat off but the fan was still blowing still couldn't get to sleep. But i can't complain too much because I didn't inform anybody about something that the Manager couldn't do anything about. I guess the conversion is still a work in progress.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The accommodations were nice. Everything was very clean and well maintained. The room was not fancy but the double bed room was spacious. The bathroom was a little small but otherwise I felt that it was a nice room. The beds were very comfortable and there was a nice television.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My 10-year old and I spent 2 nights here, visiting relatives. Hotel was at least half empty, yet we were given the farthest possible room from the lobby. A loooooong walk - and then the "non-smoking" room smelled of cigarette smoke.

Room service left the tray without a cart - for a room with only one chair and a desk. My son ate his breakfast on the bed, as it was all that was available.

Wasn't horrible, but I expected better. Chocolate chip cookie was good, though.

• Stayed December 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

i stayed here for 4 nights during the time when the htoel was transitioning to Doubletree (hence the *). The first thing I will comment on was the staff. They were super friendly. I have stayed in Hiltons in Athens, London, New York, Hawaii etc but never met a friendlier staff. Every time I walked in or stepped off an elevator there was someone there saying hello. The hotel itself was probably a little below Hilton standards. It is probably better suited as a Doubletree. The room was unremarkable. On two evenings I went out to get something to eat and parking was at a premium because there were meetings taking place. I ended up having to park and run through the rain. There are not alot of restaurants around. There are some a few places south on Reistertown Rd and there is a McDonalds two blocks south, but that's it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

i stayed here in late november 2012 and i would recommend this hotel to other guests. its not the best by any means but it is great for a couple night stay. the staff do their best to make you comfortable and you can see it was recently updated. my room was clean and by the end of my week i had a fridge in my room.

Liberty, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 16 days, and used part of their meeting space during that time as well. I stayed in several rooms in this hotel - I can say one thing for sure, no matter the convenience of the rooms, I would advise against staying in rooms 112-132. These rooms are noisy, and there is a strange and loud noise that comes from the ceilings in this part of the hotel. I was also in a room on the 4th floor and that room was fine, and quiet even next to the elevators. From the Front Desk Staff, Management and the Restaurant Staff I could not have asked for more. They were happy to help me no matter what I wanted. They all greeted me by name and Noel the Concierge was the "Cherry" on top of it all - always so nice and upbeat! The Restaurant had a very nice breakfast and the best Blueberry Muffins ever, they also had excellent crab balls either as appetizers or a meal. This Hotel is changing to a Doubletree and there were quite a few renovations going on while I was there as well. The area around the hotel not the best ever, but with a Target right across the street, covered parking and right off the highway, it has many things going for it.

Newark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here recently during the final stages of their transition to Doubletree...by the end of the week I had a fridge and microwave in the room (always a bonus). Overall the room was decent - pretty good size, comfy bed, clean. Nothing that would make you say "wow" but a decent room with no issues. Ate at the restuarant 2x at night - 1st dish was lemon chicken pasta - beyond awful - chicken had a greenish tinge, sauce had no flavor and was like eating pasta with water on it. Veg like asparagus in the dish was minced...yuck. 2nd time was thai wings - they were outstanding. No wonder everyone else I saw was eating the wings. Breakfast buffet was OK - hit it early cause after 9:30 it was dried up and completely inedible - love the fact you can order eggs from the kitchen though. No concierge room but left plenty of water in room and had a turndown service. Only complaint is the maids start knocking on doors at like 7am which can disturb sleep. I would def stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPikesville, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel!

As we've officially converted to be a DoubleTree by Hilton, all of our rooms now have refrigerators & microwaves.

I'm very sorry that you didn't enjoy our Lemon Chicken Pasta -- please know that I've forwarded your comments to our Executive Chef & Restaurant Manager, and we will review that dish. Also, we just updated our menu, so there's a great deal of new food available to try in our restaurant. I'll also send our Chef your compliments on the wings; I'm glad you enjoyed them!

I'm sorry that our maids started knocking too early for you -- next time you stay with us, or any other hotel, simply place the Do Not Disturb sign on your door. This will alert the housekeepers that you aren't ready for service yet.

Thank you again for your kind and constructive comments, and we look forward to having you back now that we're a DoubleTree by Hilton!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville? Share your experiences!