“Jilly's was so so.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 60 Restaurants in Pikesville
“Jilly's was so so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A friend and I visited Jilly's for lunch on a Monday afternoon. I don't plan to visit again because there just wasn't anything special about it. To say the waitress was indifferent would be a kindness. The open faced shrimp salad sandwich was decent - plenty of shrimp, all nice sized but bland. It was served, by my choice, with white toast that was thick and very tasty. The side was a small bag of potato chips. I placed a straw wrapper and several sugar packets on the end of the table so they could be picked up easily by the waitress as she passed. I added the empty chip bag, then another straw wrapper and sugar packets after hunting the waitress down for an ice tea refill. The trash remained. My friend became involved with my "how long will the trash stay?" guessing game. She added a wrapper and a few more packets. Plates were removed but the trash stayed until sometime during the middle of dessert. Some pluses - there was a nice selection of beer on tap; the woman's bathroom was clean; the "regulars" were greeted ny name and many of the waitresses made time to talk with them. A few more minuses - the dining room and bar are dark during mid-day and all the furnishings looked tired. In summary, Jilly's is so so.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Solid American food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

When in the mood for a burger or a salad I go to Jilly's. I've been returning there from time to time for several years. Their choice of beers is great. Atmosphere is barlike and volume can get loud, so we request to be seated in the quieter upstairs dining room.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MD
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife and three kids here for lunch. We were seated immediately and the host turned on cartoons for the kids to watch. The food came out quickly and was delicious. I ordered an unbelievable chef's salad which is definitely enough for two people. My wife had the lunch burger, kids sliders and wings. All in all an excellent experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not consistant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The interior is wood paneled with a sports theme. The front section has a long bar, but there are booths along the sides and tables upstairs.
It's hit or miss. At times the service is great, most times not. It can be difficult to find someone to refill a glass, bring something...even the check! Most of the waiters are well meaning but they always seem rushed.
If you don't mind the service, the crabcakes, shrimp slad sandwiches and the ribs are fantastic!

Visited October 2012
“Very Disappointed First Time Customer!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Place looks so good on the outside but once you get in its a whole different look. I'm so angry with how the host was handling the seating arrangement, people were pushing my friend and I around they were so rude! My friend said we should stay because the food will make up for everything so we finally got sat. Our servers name was Chris. He came over and was trying to talk to me into getting a meal without me even view all of the menu first. He brought our drinks and then just stopped checking on us. We had to call him over from across the bar where he was talking with some girl. Ordered our food, he got my friends dish wrong and my meal was smaller then it was described. We ate the food which wasnt that good and waited for literally 35 mins for him to come back! Asked for refills and it was like we disappeared! Didn't see him anymore. We had to pay our check to another server. I will never go back and seriously don't recommend it!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere