“Our recent dinner was very good.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Our recent dinner was very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Recently my sister and I had the pleasure of dining at The Olive Branch. They have quite a large menu, and the recent is a little bit on the tacky side, BUT our food was delicious and the service was great. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs allowing us plenty of time to visit while still tending to our drink refills and our needs.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Augusta, GA
“It's Greek to Me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

2.5 years ago I moved out of the state. There is not much I miss about Maryland but for some of the cuisine. The Olive Branch is one of them. The salad and dressing is the best. Pasta and breads are likewise good. I ordered the pasta with sausage and olives, hold the olives. Asked for extra garlic in the sauce (gotta keep the vampires away). All was superb. My dining partners were hooked by the crab cakes. Better than the famous crab houses of Baltimore. Only downside was somewhat slow service and lousy parking. Friendly service, but slow. As I have been there many times, this is a hit-or-miss proposition. All in all, I love the place and would recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Great Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I celebrated by 3_ birthday at the Olive Branch. I reserved the back room for about 35 guests. The restaurant allowed me to pick out 4 entrees for my guests to choose from. The price included entree, drink, gratuity and taxes for one low price. My guests were so impressed.

The room was beautiful, EVERYONE enjoyed their meal, and the staff was so friendly, you would have thought it was their birthday too!

My party had two waiters/waitress, Keith and Shemeika. They did exceptionally well in taking care of such a large party. At the end, Shemeika even sang Happy Birthday to me. As beautifully as she sang that song, I know this restaurant is just a stepping stone in her careeer.

Whenever I go there, I always get the sausage fettucini or crab cake. You can't go wrong with either. The prices are great and the food is always plentiful.

A Great Spot for family, friends or hangout.

Visited September 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“We always leave with a to go box! Yes!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Huge portions of yummy Italian food can be dangerous to the waistline Lol but I'll risk it. Don't let the hole in the wall exterior or the outdated decor discourage you the food is actually really good. Everything comes with a huge bowl of salad and some of the best breadsticks ever (if you order carry out they still include a box full of salad and a side of breadsticks). By the time you eat that your stuffed and the meal hasn't even arrived yet. Their chicken Chesapeake, Sausage fettuccine or combo plate Roman holiday are not only huge but delicious. And oddly they have THE best crab cakes! In Maryland! They are huge as well and very little filler definitely get them. (even if you just do carry out and run the portions and quality of the dishes are consistent

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Wierd decor but good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My first impressions when entering this place were not the best as the decor is very old and it is very dark. That being said, I ordered a beer and reviewed their menu, which was very reasonably priced. I opted for their Tuscan platter, which came with a Filet Mignon, a cannelloni and some linguine topped with some jumbo shrimp. Not very authentic Tuscan, but it was all cooked well and tasted delicious. the dish came with a large salad and some bread sticks. service was prompt and very friendly.

Visited August 2012