“Bit of a disappointment” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Seafood
ocean city
“Bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been to Arundel Seafood twice in the last two months. The first time we ordered two of the seafood combo platters. Seemed everything tasted the same. The scallops were under cooked and the sides left much to be desired. Figuring maybe we caught them on a bad night we tried again and I found the same thing. When you have a resturant with limited sides you expect those to be good.. Both the potato and macaroni salads were boring and the cole slaw was a bigger disappointment. I really don't think we will be going back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lorton, Virginia
“Gotta Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Admiting that it is not a coat & tie place works for me since the food is fresh, delicious, and plentiful. Besides who wants to drip crab juice on their suit?

I was told it was good but that did not properly describe it. The variety and taste, especially for the price!) passes normal understanding.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Hometown favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm a MD native, who stops in to Arundel Seafood just about every chance I get when traveling back to the area. With it's casual style and no-nonsense food, it has been a favorite of mine for about as long as I can remember. As most Marylanders know, you can order crab at just about any restaurant worth their salt. I pretty much make a B-line to this place upon arriving into town, and it's often the last place I eat before leaving.I typically order a half dozen of whatever the biggest males are that they have in stock. Then, I have my own personal crab feast. I've also had their fresh ears of corn, and the occassional steamed shrimp or scallops. Simple, and always great. If you are a seafood purist, this is your place. Bonus: the cream of crab soup is THE best I've ever had. My thoughts on the only things they could improve upon: 1. I wish they shipped to Atlanta. 2. I wish they knew or recognized me as an out of town "regular", especially since I have been going there so long. I know people are busy and I am just "one" customer, but I do make a special trip each time I'm in MD, and I also happen to think that extra bit of customer service recognition goes a long long way in today's busy world. :)

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PASADENA
“Our new favorite local crab joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Since we moved to Pasadena 3 months ago, we've gone there a half dozen times, bringing 3 different out-of-towners. It's really downhome,not fancy. Great steamed crabs, shrimp, king crab legs, corn on the cob, broccoli (eek) and beer. The folks there are true Marylanders, not some strange restauranteurs from another state. Down home food, that's it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband lived near hear growing up, so we always stop here when we travel south on I95 from the Philly area where we live. We drove down this weekend to spend the night and indulge in some of our favorite eats in the area. We've ordered crabs here on several occasions, but since we'd had crabs the night before, we stopped yesterday for steamed scallops, shrimp, fries and corn. So delicious. We've not had better scallops better anywhere. Since it was my hubby's birthday I snagged a slice of carrot cake (his favorite) and a slice of Reese's cup cheesecake. The carrot cake was GREAT, I'd skip the cheesecake next time. This is a very casual seafood market type place, picnic tables, and great veranda for outdoor dining.
You can purchase raw seafood to go as well. Also, there are two lines, one for fried food, and the other for raw/steamed. Thanks Anne Arundel, we'll see you next time we head that way....