We are unable to understand why this place is included in the Select Registry of Inns. Other than its great location on the Tred Avon River, it has little to recommend it. Specifically, it is lacking in the following areas:
* Our room was large and the bath and bed were more than adequate but lacked pizzaz. The room was air-cooled and not air-conditioned - big difference on a 97 degree day in August. They had a dehumidifer running to assist in a limited way to improve the comfort level but it was too noisy to leave on. This would be funny if it wasn't so sad since our room cost $299.
* There is only 1 public room and it is only about 11 X 14 with just 1 couch, 2 chairs and no water view. Snacks consisted of granola or yogurt bars and Keurig coffee or tea served in styrofoam cups. We had to ask in the office for wine glasses and a corkscrew.
* The "Lite Fare Breakfast" was a sweet conglomeration of juice, yogurt and pastries. Nothing savory.
We will not be going back to this lodging where the great view trumps every other amenity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandaway Waterfront Lodging has 18 B&B style accommodations in Oxford, MD - just seven miles from St. Michaels. Most rooms at Sandaway are waterfront with porches overlooking the Tred Avon River, Choptank River, and Chesapeake Bay. Guests at Sandaway can enjoy the waterfront lawn and private sandy beach. Sandaway is a member of Select Registry - Distinguished Inns, Small Hotels, and Bed and Breakfasts of North America. Oxford, Maryland was recently voted the best waterfront town in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandaway Waterfront Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandaway Waterfront Lodging Hotel Oxford