“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Owings Mills
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Clean, comfortable hotel in a good location. We were in town for an anniversary party for family and this was a good location, hotel staff was extremely nice, breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was good! Would definitely recommend this hotel! Only thing I wish is that it was 2 queen beds instead of doubles. We aren't big people, but doubles seem so small!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Earth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a typical HGI in all aspects, you know beforehand exactly what you are getting. The hotel and room design follow the standard playbook and there is no local flavor or feeling. Room was clean and all was in working order with the exception of internet.

Internet cable had a broken connector – unfortunately a common hotel problem

No power outlets built into the bedside lamps. Outlets are behind the bedside tables (a very poor room design for 2013).

Wired internet was painfully slow which was surprising especially for a Sunday evening when the hotel had very low occupancy. Using Speedtest.net I had .18 Mbps Download and .30 Mbps Upload. At 5AM Monday morning it was .75 Mbps Download .30 Mbps Upload.

Sunday I asked the front desk if someone could reset the router, maintenance was onsite but they said I had to call an 800 number as internet was handled externally by AT&T. After 20 minutes on the call, they apologized and said there was nothing they could do.

Hotel maintenance said I was not the first to complain about speed. If this is a known issue, why not fix it?

Upon arrival room temperature was set to a balmy 66 degrees. I love to walk into a room that is cool, but 66 is excessive and wasteful.

Nice touch were (2) small bedside chocolates.

Restaurant was closed for dinner.

The hotel website lists as a local attraction Owings Mills Mall which is 2 minutes away from hotel by car. Only problem is the mall is a ghost town with nearly everything closed. According to Wikipedia the mall is scheduled to be demolished this year and a new outdoor style mall to rise in its place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Recent reviews have raised some questions about this Hilton Garden Inn - but we found much to like here: clean facility, well-equipped rooms with frig, micro-wave, and coffee-maker fitted into a nice cabinet, good towels, friendly and helpful service, and reasonable rates.

Nice place - and good choice for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed here this past weekend as we were in town to visit with my mother. We received a very warm welcome from the reception desk (hi Jessie). The indoor swimming pool was nice but the water was extremely cold, since it was very hot outside we were able to deal with it. The buffet breakfast was just ok, all of the food is made to order so you will get hot eggs/pancakes etc. The beds were very comfortable and all of my family members slept quite well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robert C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for the nice comments about the staff and jessie. She is fantastic and we are lucky to have her, she truly enjoys her job.

We hope you get to visit us again in the future.
Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

When I first checked in, there was a rude women at the front desk. Just by looking at her you can tell she didn't want to be there. Her name was Ashley. She barely even smiled. Overall my stay was good as long as I didn't have to see her. My family told me when they came to visit me and asked for my room, the young lady Ashley kept her head down while talking to them. There was a lady name Georgia that could not stop smiling.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry to hear your comments about Ashley. I know she will be dissapointed to know that she didn't deliver the service you expected and will strive to do better on your next visit.

We hope to see you again in the future.
owing mills, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our stay was ok, was put in someone else's room. We were put in a different room and complementary breakfast. The staff was very nice and was sorry. The breakfast staff was very helpful and very nice as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel.

I'm very sorry to hear we messed up by checking you into an occupied room. That is one of the worst mistakes a hotel can make, it's a bad experience for both guest. I'm terribly sorry that happened.

I'm glad to hear the staff apologized and tried to make it up to you with a complimentary breakfast. if there is anything else we can do feel free to reach out to me directly at 410-654-0030.
Fall River, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was very friendly, always helpful and extremely efficient! Every issue was promptly taken care of (extra towels, toothbrush, helped search,without hesitation, for lost car keys and reading glasses!) We enjoyed our stay and will be back !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel.

I'm so pleased to hear that our staff delivered on every level of service. They truely are a dedicated team that wants every guest to have a great experience. They will be pleased to read your comments, thanks for taking time to share your experience.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills? Share your experiences!