“Outstanding staff, nice facility, subpar jacuzzi” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Owings Mills
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding staff, nice facility, subpar jacuzzi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Overall a very nice, clean and comfortable hotel with great employees. I was welcomed by two very courteous and friendly attendants when I checked in and received the same great attention the next morning in the restaurant.Pool hours are very limited and the jacuzzi temperature was much too cool. Location is great, parking well lit and safe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Birdsboro, PA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Friendly staff, clean rooms, good maid service and an adjustable bed for firmness. From Georgia at the front desk to all staff we met the attitude was how can I make your stay better. Rooms were quiet and well appointed. Location is convenient to the area and plenty of restaurants in the vicinity with a varied choice of menus. They also have meal service available but did not use so cannot comment. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel two time and enjoyed our stay there. The location is excellent and we didn't find anything which was unexpected or weird. After driving 8 hours and settling our son in his dorm room we really needed a clean and quiet place to relax. The facility maintenance was good and so was the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Western Springs, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I tried this hotel instead of staying at the hotels in the Inner Harbor area. Great Location, Priced Less than other High end Hotels, Very Nice and Clean, Friendly Staff, Great Amenities and lastly they are accomodating to Non-smokers and smokers. I have stayed there in January 2013 and I have already booked to go back in February 2013.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My 3 night stay was very enjoyable. The rooms, bathroom and microwave were all clean. Check in was fast and so was my check out especially since I had to leave a 4:00 a.m. There are fast food places near by but not quite walking distance. Overall hotel location is good, close to freeway and the shopping mall. The buffet was very good, food selection was cooked to order with coffee all day and night. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Santorini, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I can't thank the Director of Sales Laurie Ruby enough, she always takes the time to take care of our clients.We will continue doing business as she is a true asset for us how she strives to show hospitality as it's best towards our University.

Room Tip: It is best to call the person who made the reservation back before you arrival - Laurie Ruby knows h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I wished I stayed someplace else; like the hampton inn next door. I felt as if this hotel was old and a little shabby. Sure it was clean, but felt very dated; especially my room. I also did not "love" the people at the front desk. Further, the lobby and hallways smelled like the chlorine in the pool.

The room smelled like food and had this ugly, green, industrial carpet. The desk had chips in it and the desk chair made doing work a little uncomforatable. Plus the wifi was slow. No improvement was generated even after I plugged in my computer into the ethernet cable.

The bed was very comfortable (a big plus) but the heating unit is very old in this room and made lots of noise. Also the bathroom felt like it needed a good bleaching.

Also, when people take showers in this hotel, you can hear the noise in your room. That does not serve me well when I am trying to still sleep at 6AM.

I had the $12 breakfast and that was ok. All in all I give this place a 6 out of 10 and for $149 a night I definitely will NOT stay there again.

Room Tip: As far away from the pool as possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Robert C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your recent stay. I can only tell you that we do everything we can to ensure that all our guest have a good experience while staying with us.

I apologize if some of our staff members did not give you the exceptional customer service you deserve. I have made sure to personally speak to our front desk staff regarding your comments.

Also, I understand that you found our hotel to be dated. I can assure you that I have taken your comments into consideration and we are currently discussing ways to renovate our facility. Our guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills? Share your experiences!