“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Owings Mills
Western Springs, Illinois
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I tried this hotel instead of staying at the hotels in the Inner Harbor area. Great Location, Priced Less than other High end Hotels, Very Nice and Clean, Friendly Staff, Great Amenities and lastly they are accomodating to Non-smokers and smokers. I have stayed there in January 2013 and I have already booked to go back in February 2013.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My 3 night stay was very enjoyable. The rooms, bathroom and microwave were all clean. Check in was fast and so was my check out especially since I had to leave a 4:00 a.m. There are fast food places near by but not quite walking distance. Overall hotel location is good, close to freeway and the shopping mall. The buffet was very good, food selection was cooked to order with coffee all day and night. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Santorini, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I can't thank the Director of Sales Laurie Ruby enough, she always takes the time to take care of our clients.We will continue doing business as she is a true asset for us how she strives to show hospitality as it's best towards our University.

Room Tip: It is best to call the person who made the reservation back before you arrival - Laurie Ruby knows h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I wished I stayed someplace else; like the hampton inn next door. I felt as if this hotel was old and a little shabby. Sure it was clean, but felt very dated; especially my room. I also did not "love" the people at the front desk. Further, the lobby and hallways smelled like the chlorine in the pool.

The room smelled like food and had this ugly, green, industrial carpet. The desk had chips in it and the desk chair made doing work a little uncomforatable. Plus the wifi was slow. No improvement was generated even after I plugged in my computer into the ethernet cable.

The bed was very comfortable (a big plus) but the heating unit is very old in this room and made lots of noise. Also the bathroom felt like it needed a good bleaching.

Also, when people take showers in this hotel, you can hear the noise in your room. That does not serve me well when I am trying to still sleep at 6AM.

I had the $12 breakfast and that was ok. All in all I give this place a 6 out of 10 and for $149 a night I definitely will NOT stay there again.

Room Tip: As far away from the pool as possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Robert C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your recent stay. I can only tell you that we do everything we can to ensure that all our guest have a good experience while staying with us.

I apologize if some of our staff members did not give you the exceptional customer service you deserve. I have made sure to personally speak to our front desk staff regarding your comments.

Also, I understand that you found our hotel to be dated. I can assure you that I have taken your comments into consideration and we are currently discussing ways to renovate our facility. Our guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
bedford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great reception staff (most of them), great car parking and large rooms with two double beds. Housekeeping excellent. Free cookies late afternoon at reception plus complimentary tea and coffee in cafe - good breakfast (buffet at $11.75) but no evening meals, however several fast food restaurants within 200/300 yards - but across busy road and down a bank so you need the car unfortunately. We thought this hotel was in Baltimore - it's about a twenty minute drive to the harbour-side - but worth it - what a great place! we changed our plans and booked out one day early - the staff handled that without a problem. Small but adequate fitness room and pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay especially the breakfast, it is a wonderful deal for a full cooked to order breakfast.

I do apologize if anything on our website gave you the impression we were in Baltimore, but as you found out it is a short trip into town, and our rates are usually anywhere from $50 to $100 per night cheaper.

We hope you choose stay with us again on your next trip to Baltimore.
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here with my son to save on cost as opposed to staying at a hotel in downtown Baltimore for a convention. Prices were significantly cheaper...by half obviously, since location dictates price.
The Hilton Garden Inn offers rooms with a microwave and refrigerator and plenty of room with very comfy beds. The only ding I would give is that our refrigerator died while we were there, but its not the hotel's fault...things happen.
Anywho it is directly attached to a sister hotel...hampton inn with a indoor pool accessible by both.
Owings Mills Mall and a restaurant park are right across the street which were convenient for eating at the first night there.
The Owings Mills metro is just around the corner and is a semi convenient metro system for a quick 20min ride into downtown Baltimore and back. Again saving not only on hotel cost, but also on parking cost as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel while attending a conference in Baltimore. I'm glad you found the cost savings worth the short trip into downtown.

The Owings Mills area has a lot to offer and we're pleased you enjoyed the area restaurants. I do apologize for the refridgerator not working correctly during your stay, that can be an important ammenity. We will try and do better next time.

Regards,
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is another HGI that is exactly as I expected... even down to the building layout. I think I could walk through HGIs at different locations with my eyes closed. Fridge, microwave, bed with adjustable firmness, nice and clean. Not a ton to do in the immediate area and the walls seemed pretty thin (I could hear every word of the conversation going on next door), but otherwise I had no problems here. The fitness center seemed a little more cramped than most but there were still 2 treadmills, an elliptical, weight machine, bench, free weights, etc. It could've used some cleaning wipes and a scale, but that's just me being picky. Also, there was a fan in the room but no AC, which some people might like and others might not. Desk staff was friendly (cookies at the desk!) and housekeeping was very nice - even left chocolate by the bed! It's your pretty typical HGI.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Robert C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Owings Mills. We truely value the business.

I'm glad you found our services and hotel on standard with all other Hilton Garden Inns. The Garden Inn brand strives for a consisent positive experience no matter which property or city you are visiting.

We look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Owings Mills.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills? Share your experiences!