“Nothing special but large, clean and good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Owings Mills
bedford
“Nothing special but large, clean and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great reception staff (most of them), great car parking and large rooms with two double beds. Housekeeping excellent. Free cookies late afternoon at reception plus complimentary tea and coffee in cafe - good breakfast (buffet at $11.75) but no evening meals, however several fast food restaurants within 200/300 yards - but across busy road and down a bank so you need the car unfortunately. We thought this hotel was in Baltimore - it's about a twenty minute drive to the harbour-side - but worth it - what a great place! we changed our plans and booked out one day early - the staff handled that without a problem. Small but adequate fitness room and pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Robert C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay especially the breakfast, it is a wonderful deal for a full cooked to order breakfast.

I do apologize if anything on our website gave you the impression we were in Baltimore, but as you found out it is a short trip into town, and our rates are usually anywhere from $50 to $100 per night cheaper.

We hope you choose stay with us again on your next trip to Baltimore.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here with my son to save on cost as opposed to staying at a hotel in downtown Baltimore for a convention. Prices were significantly cheaper...by half obviously, since location dictates price.
The Hilton Garden Inn offers rooms with a microwave and refrigerator and plenty of room with very comfy beds. The only ding I would give is that our refrigerator died while we were there, but its not the hotel's fault...things happen.
Anywho it is directly attached to a sister hotel...hampton inn with a indoor pool accessible by both.
Owings Mills Mall and a restaurant park are right across the street which were convenient for eating at the first night there.
The Owings Mills metro is just around the corner and is a semi convenient metro system for a quick 20min ride into downtown Baltimore and back. Again saving not only on hotel cost, but also on parking cost as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel while attending a conference in Baltimore. I'm glad you found the cost savings worth the short trip into downtown.

The Owings Mills area has a lot to offer and we're pleased you enjoyed the area restaurants. I do apologize for the refridgerator not working correctly during your stay, that can be an important ammenity. We will try and do better next time.

Telford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is another HGI that is exactly as I expected... even down to the building layout. I think I could walk through HGIs at different locations with my eyes closed. Fridge, microwave, bed with adjustable firmness, nice and clean. Not a ton to do in the immediate area and the walls seemed pretty thin (I could hear every word of the conversation going on next door), but otherwise I had no problems here. The fitness center seemed a little more cramped than most but there were still 2 treadmills, an elliptical, weight machine, bench, free weights, etc. It could've used some cleaning wipes and a scale, but that's just me being picky. Also, there was a fan in the room but no AC, which some people might like and others might not. Desk staff was friendly (cookies at the desk!) and housekeeping was very nice - even left chocolate by the bed! It's your pretty typical HGI.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Robert C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Owings Mills. We truely value the business.

I'm glad you found our services and hotel on standard with all other Hilton Garden Inns. The Garden Inn brand strives for a consisent positive experience no matter which property or city you are visiting.

We look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Owings Mills.
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Baltimore County was a nightmare. After being displaced from our home we were referred to the Garden Inn, we stayed in a room where the refrigerator did not work and the TV reception was not clear and the room was not thoroughly cleaned. They sent a repair person who replaced the refrigerator but could not fix the reception on the TV that was a Vendor issue. They offered to give my family a room on another floor which we accepted, upon entering the room it had a bad odor and the floors and table needed to be cleaned. We called the Front desk to send someone up to clean the room I sensed an attitude in the receptionist voice. Housekeeping came to clean the floors that were gritty and wipe down the tables, they apologized for the room not thoroughly being cleaned and left. At this point we were tired and did not make a big deal out of it; we just wanted to get some rest. As we were going to bed my wife pulled back the sheets and discovered insects crawling on the pillow. Once again we called the Front desk and personnel said “What Now” very rude an unsympathetic. A manager was not available at this time his shift did not start until 12 midnight and there were no senior personnel there. According to the receptionist she could not leave the front desk and sent a staff member to our room to confirm the insects were present. The customer comes first adage appears not to work on staff at this hotel. Again they offered another room, This now makes room # 3 and it was now approaching 11: o’clock. Being very, very patient at this point and since my work week starts at 5 am, we moved ourselves with no assists from staff in any of our moves thus far. If you think this is the end of this nightmare it gets worse, yes unimaginable. We are now in the 3rd room after a very long and turbulent night we decided to get this night over with so we could move out in the morning. I said it gets worse, before we go to bed my wife enters the bathroom and crawling on the towels was a BED BUG yes a BED BUG!! At this point we had no choice but to run. We called the Front desk once again we got attitude from the receptionist, she sent the security guard up to the room. He took pictures as we also did. There were no negotiating rooms at midnight, the manager showed up and was briefed a head of time and said he apologized and that we would not have to pay for our stay no kidding... We left that hotel in our PJ’s that night, the only one to offer assistant to us in moving was the Manager. Sad.. This was the worse experience I have ever had staying at any Hotel, from the unprofessionalism of staff to the less than standard accommodations. For the Hilton brand I truly expected more. It has been some weeks after this horrific event and we still have not received a call from senior mgmt. or other offering any type of apologizes. Buyer be very aware staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Inspect your room throughly before commiting to a stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. It sounds like things started off bad and got worst. I do apologize for the unacceptable customer service response you received.

I do not believe I was the manager you were referring to in your message, as I wasn't here that time of night on the days in question. However, I am glad he was finally able to assist you.

If you haven't already contacted me directly please do so via email a bwiom_gm@hilton.com or via phone at 410-654-0030 to see if there is anything else we can do, to regain your trust in us.

Thanks very much,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton garden inn and was quite pleased with the arrangement and the cleanliness of the hotel, though my Hilton honors points were useless at this hotel neither did I get any points either. On one hand, the front desk staff looks somewhat peevy towards blacks, I know the look and the resignation to the fact that oh , I have to serve a black man, secondly, no bell-hop at this hotel so get ready to either lose your way to the room on the first day or just plainly request to shown to the room. One great point to mention was the fact that I misplaced $500 and some small forex at the breakfast table and was absolutely unaware of the loss for hours till my attention was drawn by the front desk, so I can vouch for honesty at this hotel, and of course the restaurant had such wonderful staff eager to please and satisfy. Aside from some of the front desk staff who need further training in client appreciation and reception, my stay was PERFECT throughout the five nights.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect though mine was a suite on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Owings Mills. And thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on your stay.

I am very puzzled by your impression and comments about our service towards African American guests. The majority of our staff is African American including the staff member who found your money and turned it in so it could be returned to you.

I am sorry you have that impression. However, I can honestl say, I'm very proud of our diverse staff and they way we treat guest of all races.

Please feel free to contact me directly at BWIOM_GM@Hilton.com if you would like to discuss your stay or impressions any further.

Respectfully,
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I found everything I expected and needed at this hotel. Acomfortable bed, desk chair, decent breakfast selection and helpful hotel staff. For some reason this location only served breakfast, no dinner was available, but there are plenty of restaurants close by. I would and probably will stay here again

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel, we truly value your business. Also thank you for taking the time to share your expereinces. it is only through feed back from our guests that we can be sure we are providing an excellent guest experience.

I'm glad you were pleased with all of our services. As for our restaurant only serving breakfast, we were one of the original Hilton Garden Inn's opened and at that time with the restaurant park across the street, we did not have a big demand for lunch or dinner from our guests.

As you are probably aware we do provide a full menu for dinner room service seven nights a week from a local restaurant that has some very good selections.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Owings Mills.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My teenage son and I stayed at this property last weekend for yet another tennis tournament. Our room was spacious and comfortable (and included a fridge and microwave - necessities in our minds!). The beds were yummy! The fitness center, though small, had brand new equipment and was immaculate. The breakfast offerings were perfect. The parking was convenient. And the staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator (which I usually avoid), but even that room was very quiet!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for all nice comments about the stay with your son. I'm very glad you both enjoyed it so much. I'll be sure an share your comments with our staff, so they know they are doing a great job.

We look forward to seeing you again should you son have any more tournaments in the area.

Regards,

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills? Share your experiences!