“More Than Meets the Eye” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Owings Mills
Charlotte
“More Than Meets the Eye”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night, but this hotel definitely made an impression on me. I was expecting the typical utilitarian off the highway hotel, but it was all the little touches that made such a difference. I checked in pretty late, but I was greeted with a smile and was also given a goody bag because I was Guest of the Day. I was pleasantly surprised. In the room, there were chocolates by the bed and even a package of a makeup remover wipe in the bathroom. I loved the king size bed with the adjustable sleep system. I had a great night sleep! I didn't have the buffet breakfast the next morning, but I did help myself to the complimentary coffee. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Robert C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this review, September 24, 2012

I'm so pleased to hear you were excited about being the Guest of The Day. We like to surprise a different guest or two every day with that little honor. It can sometimes be a great pick me up to an otherwise hard day of travel.

Thank you so much for all the nice comments, I will make sure to share them with our staff, so they know they are doing a great job.

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Baltimore,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Excellent-friendly hotel staff -- clean-modern rooms and good amenities give this property a good rating. Great cooked to order breakfast--indoor pool--exercise room are available to hotel guests.

Room Tip: For a good room--Ask for high floor and room in the back of hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel, we truly value your business. Also thank you for taking the time to share your expereinces. it is only through feed back from our guests that we can be sure we are providing an excellent guest experience.

Thanks so much for your nice comments. I'm pleased to say we've added a few new touches to our fitness center since your visit. We have a larger and newer selection of dumbells and have added a very nice wooden towel station, to insure you always have a nice selection of fresh towels after your workout.

We hope you get a chance to come back soon and experience it and all the other wonderful features of our hotel.

Owings Mills, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed her for a few days this week when we lost power and had a pretty good experience. Initially calling I didnt have the best expeience. The rep told me they were completely booked until I told he that cant be true because online is showing availabality.( I called because I had a question before booking ) Once she put me on hold she came back and said " oh well book it online" . Now that I didnt appreciate, but once checked in I had no issues. The rooms were clean, any employee I walked passed greeted me , and they have up tp date appliances. The pool is small (20 person max) and the hot tub was broken at the time. Overall I would stay again. Oh they also has white duvets on the bed so that made me feel a little better about the linens. Cant hide stains on fresh white sheets! I hate the dark color comforters most hotels offer!

oh I almost forgot , my stay was $139 per night , I thought this was a bit much for a stay during the week when you dont even get brekfast free. The buffet is 11.95

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

We are glad you were able to get a room during the extensive and prolonged power outage. Needless to say it was a very busy and hectic week at the hotel. We unfortunately had to turn away so many local residents that did not have power.

Due to the unexpected nature of the storm, our reservation system and phone lines were overwhelmed with request so it was hard to keep them in balance and updated.

However, I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay once you arrived. The rate you recieved was lower than our normal rate during that time period. Some hotels in the area increased their rates greatly due to the demand of the power outages. We lowered the rate by $10 as a gesture of goodwill to our community.

We hope you get a chance to stay with us again, under better circumstances in the future.

Georiga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for holiday travel. The overall hotel was clean and nice inside and out. Some of the front desk clerks greeted you with a smile but overall they were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and equip with a fridge/microwave. The beds/pillows were comfortable. The maids were not noisy and loud in the hallways. You could sleep late without all cleaning noise. Location is good, near the mall and freeway. There are a large number of restaurants nearby. Nothing bad to say, pick this one over the new Hampton inn next door and we made a good choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for all the nice words. I'm especially glad you noticed the quietness of the houskeeping staff. This is something we continually stress to them to be aware of guest who may be sleeping or working in the room during all hours of the day.

While we like our new little sister hotel next door, we're thrilled you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Matawan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Owings Mills, MD on May 19-20, 2012 while visiting family. Upon check in the front desk clerk was friendly, courteous and had us on our way in less than 5 minutes. We had a room on the 6th floor and the only down side was that there were smoking rooms on 1 side and non-smoking on the other. The hall did smell a little like smoke and I was afraid our room would smell like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Fortunately this was not the case and our room was at the end of the floor. The room was clean, contained a mini fridge and microwave.All of the employees were friendly and greeted us. The breakfast buffet was worth the $11.95 and the food was cooked to order. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay. Yes we do infact still have some smoking rooms that share part of the 6th floor hallway, but as you attested to the smoke doesn't travel into any of the non smoking rooms.

I'm so glad you enjoyed our extensive breakfast buffet. In a day when so many hotels are offering a limited complimentary breakfast, I'm glad to hear guest still enjoy having a chef standing by to make you whatever you desire fresh and hot on the spot.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

The room was clean and well appointed, the staff were incredibly friendly. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. It's a great place to stay for business travel at an affordable price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My experience of the Hilton Garden Inn chain is 'utilitarian'…they get the job done. When I'm choosing the hotel, I try and find somewhere a bit more interesting, in a slightly more exciting location - but for drive-in, drive-out work trips, they're fine.
This place had fun people working at reception and at the breakfast restaurant - that makes all the difference sometimes.
Evenings are always a bit quiet in the foyer of a Garden Inn…but you can grab some beers from the Pantry and sit by the fire or TV. Occasionally you get groups of infrequent travellers going a bit crazy on the Sam Adams.
One thing I don't get is these annoying air-adjustable beds...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills? Share your experiences!