“Tuesday night?, a what night? A be-aware night” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 106 Restaurants in Owings Mills
Cuisines: American
Maryland
“Tuesday night?, a what night? A be-aware night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a first with a one star and if I could give half I would. We were wondering where to go when I saw that Tuesday night was lobster night specials. We got there and were seated, after the host kept going to servers and looking our way 10 minutes later one came up and gave us menus, hmm no specials. I then had to wait to get her attention and ask for the Tuesday specials. I was not the only table to do this. Obviously its a cheaper menu!
We ordered and I asked for wine.the wine came and no server after 50 minutes we got up still no sign of server. The host said as we were leaving, " I hope you enjoyed your meal!!!" I asked"what meal? we never got one". I have never walked out of a place without really informing anyone, or paying. There was NO server to say anything to or even a manager. I would never go back to that Bonefish Grill ever. As I said we were not the only table wanting the special menu and not have to ask for it.
Tuesday night hmmm.

Visited June 2014

baltimore
“The Best Bang Bang Shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Some friends told us about the Wednesday night special $6 Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill. We arrived around 5:30 and the place was already packed but we were seated promptly. We ordered the shrimp special and fish and chips. The bread and oil they served while waiting for our food was delicious. It was fresh and hot. The oil and spices on the plate for dipping had good flavor. The bang bang shrimp was excellent and could make a meal by itself. Next time I will just get that. By the time we left, people were waiting to get in.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I have been to this Bonefish Grill three times. Each time, the food and service have been excellent. This last time, I had the salmon with the potatoes au gratin. It was outstanding! My wife had the bang bang shrimp tacos, which she really liked also. The place was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Average food, bad service, high price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have been a Bonefish customer for 10 years. I have been to 4 or 5 locations. Glen Burnie and Germantown were go locations. Good fish, good atomsphere, and good service.
I went to the Owings Mills location a few times in the last several years. It has been sub par each time I visited.
In March 2014, I visited the location Saturday about 4pm. The restaurant was full but not packed. We asked for a booth, we were told," no open booths." Ok, so we passed two booths open. We asked again and were told,"that one is reserved." We noticed another but did not ask. So the one that was "reserved" was filled by a couple a few minutes later. Which makes sense, they are probably regulars with reservations. The other booth did not have a customer until we almost left. That made no sense to me.
So we ordered, calamri which was good. I ordered tuna and my wife ordered trout. My tuna was so over cooked and such a small portion. The menu said, "Tuna steak," I receieved 7 slices of over cooked tuna. My wife did like her fish but the sides were not prepared well.
The price of everything was a little over $60 without tip. $60 without tip is a high price for low quality food and service. I hope this visit was below par due to the location and not the new standard at Bonefish Grill. This location reflects badly on the company.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Reisterstown, Maryland
“Friday During Lent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

On their website you can make same day reservations. It was around 7:30 and we were able to get an 8:45 reservation on a Friday night for 2. Along with it being Friday, it was also during Lent so I'm sure people did the same as we did and were looking for a place that had a variety of fish items.
We got there a little before 8 and checked in and sat at the bar for drinks. Our drinks included a rail margarita (i forgot to order Patron); tasted like rail Tequila & I didn't finish it- was my fault, a Parker's margarita; made with Grand Marnier & upgraded to Patron- MUCH better taste, a Stella Artois & special Cold Snap Cosmopolitan made w/ vodka & Solerno blood orange liqueur- a little tart but a good taste.
At about 8:35 we were taken in to our table where we were greated by our server Mike. He did a great job of making us feel welcome and explained further the specials and vegetable of the day and options of sides.
We had for an appetizer the Mussels Josephine in sautéed tomatoes and garlic. This was a healthy portion with good taste without being too garlicky.
For dinner we both chose the Lobster Thermidor Dorado. It was Mahi topped with lobster & crab in a sherry sauce ($20.90). A mild, pleasant taste.
We had enjoyed the bread & oil serving brought to the table before dinner & I had a salad as one of my sides so I boxed half of my dinner. We are females and don't have as big of an appetite as usually men do, so it may not be enough for for a guy.
No room for dessert.
We had settled the bar tab before going in to dinner but the dinner total before tip came to $59.
We were lucky to get a seat at the bar to make our waiting for dinner more pleasant. It was good we were not starving and had time to wait.
It was OUR fault that we went at this time, but just a head's up for anyone in a rush.
We will return when looking for a local meal.

• Visited March 2014