“Comfy and delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Comfy and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

CJ's has a modest look from the outside, but if you are in Owings Mills and looking for crab, go in. It's comfortable inside with dark wood and dim lighting. You'll be asked if you are having crabs or regular menu. We went with the regular menu, although I saw other tables ordering the crab. Our server was great! We originally ordered 2 lump crab cake sandwiches when I spied a yummy looking entree being served to a nearby table. Our server offered to swap my order out when I expressed interest. It was the crab imperial and it was an awesome choice. Reminded me of a crab Benedict. It was less money than my original order! Anyways, the food and service were excellent! Definitely recommended!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Poor service, rude waitress and gross food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Went there for their ADVERTISED HAPPY HOUR, waitress was very rude and told us happy hour means specials on beer and wine, we ask again what the happy hour was and she said beer and wine... We asks what the special was and she said like a dollar or so off. We ordered Blue Moons, crab dip (average) and snow crab legs (rubbery). The waitress never came back to refill our beers so we paid the bill and left unhappy with our not-so-happy hour experience. Highly do not recommend.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Maryland Line, Maryland
“Run down, Dirty, Expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Their crabs are 1/2 empty. Cost is expensive. Floors, chairs, lights, one bathroom is FILTHY. There are plenty of better places. This place needs a big updating and a good cleaning.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Don't let the exterior stop you...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have lived near this restaurant my entire life, but because the exterior is unappealing, I have stopped in until I read the positive reviews. I really enjoyed my oysters on the half shell, 80cents each, delicious Maryland crab soup, and a crab cake. My partner had the burger topped with crab Imperial. Equally good. I also enjoyed the 1960s style paneling and large TVs for ballgames. Our server was very sweet and accomodating. We will definitely return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
maryland
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife is a bit of a picky healthy eater so for her to give CJs the stamp of approval us a big deal. The broil her seafood with less oil and its still very tasty. Now its loud and busy but I like the atmosphere. The crab cakes are very good and they have a nice beer selection. The staff is very nice and willing to accomodate.

• Visited August 2012